RUMOUR Vidot to Bulldogs

IIRC, Origin pay is something around 100-150k, depending on if you win or lose, PLUS the possibility of being chosen for Australia and earning that money too. No one in their right mind would choose to play for a minnow nation if they have a chance of playing Origin and playing for Australia. The money is too big to knock back, especially if you're not already on big money.

$30k per game, win or lose (is my understanding)
Of which the players are taxed heavily, tickets and memorabilia for family are deducted and the player is left with nowhere near the full amount.

I was told by a player who played all 3 games last year, they walked away with well under half of that $90k available.....

$30k per game, win or lose (is my understanding)
Of which the players are taxed heavily, tickets and memorabilia for family are deducted and the player is left with nowhere near the full amount.

I was told by a player who played all 3 games last year, they walked away with well under half of that $90k available.....

Thanks for the correction mate, I was only guessing based on some reports I read a long time ago.

Definitely not as much as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the correction mate, I was only guessing based on some reports I read a long time ago. Definitely not as much as I thought it would be.

Yeah it hardly seems fair really, when you consider how much money the game generates, and the players really only see a very very small percentage!

The problem for Vidot is, he is a defensive liability both in the air and when the ball is run as he showed against Manly the other night

Good to finally hear some sense amidst all the gushing. Don't get me wrong, Vidot played very, very well the other night. That try he scored with three defenders hanging off him was outstanding. . . but it was against a side that is running dead last.

I hope he is named against the Storm. You don't change a winning side and he deserves another chance. I daresay the Storm will throw a lot more at him than Manly did. That will provide a more accurate reflection if he's turned a corner or not.

IIRC, Origin pay is something around 100-150k, depending on if you win or lose, PLUS the possibility of being chosen for Australia and earning that money too. No one in their right mind would choose to play for a minnow nation if they have a chance of playing Origin and playing for Australia. The money is too big to knock back, especially if you're not already on big money.

No doubt, I was just adding in the extra financial differences between Aus and other smaller nations. When I first read it I was pretty surprised, it's weird that the two teams would be payinf their players different amounts in an international game.

Yeah it hardly seems fair really, when you consider how much money the game generates, and the players really only see a very very small percentage!
Yeah it's not much, they really should be getting about 50k each per game, 30k is pretty measly when it's the highest rating TV event (usually) all year out of anything. It would also be a nice way to make sure the games best players get some extra money to keep them from considering other codes. The NRL have 200 million supposedly sitting there so I'm sure it's affordable.

The poor clubs can't afford it. Unfortunately, until all the old NSWRL oldboys **** off and die, we are stuck with a game that's living 30 years in the past.

Origin isn't the only issue encouraging playerd to choose Australia. I read a Mascord article a while back which stated the different nations paid different amounts for rep games. I can't recall the numbers but Australia and NZ paid their playerd significantly more than the small nations. IIRC the PNG players get 5 bucks and a packet of chips.
Hang on hang on. What sort of chips?

Active Now

• Organix
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.