Wallace has to go

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm baffled. Wallace was probably the best NSW halfback in the comp just before Origin kicked off. I don't understand how he's fallen so flat.

Maybe his busted nut is playing up... Makes sense.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Round 23 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

The only teaching Wallace should be taking part in is "See what I'm doing? Do the opposite."

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

More often than not - yes. Thing is, he has done it, and can do it.

Such inconsistently is ruining this side

Geez.....I really want to try and leave Wallace alone but when you say stuff like this I just can't help myself.

He hasn't "done it" and he can't "do it".

2010 run home and Locky was out injured. We needed Peter Wallace....

2011 semi...once again no Locky and we needed Wallace again. We "needed" him to organise and to show some leadership well before this year. He failed to deliver then and he's failed to deliver now

and the comments about he being the best NSW half earlier this year is only an indictment on just how shit the NSW halfback status truly is.

I keep a keen eye on Peter's performances and whilst he did start the year off well, some of the accolades that were coming his way makes me think sometimes we award praise to mediocrity way too easily.

Broncos1995

Broncos1995

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2012

Geez.....I really want to try and leave Wallace alone but when you say stuff like this I just can't help myself.

He hasn't "done it" and he can't "do it".

2010 run home and Locky was out injured. We needed Peter Wallace....

2011 semi...once again no Locky and we needed Wallace again. We "needed" him to organise and to show some leadership well before this year. He failed to deliver then and he's failed to deliver now

and the comments about he being the best NSW half earlier this year is only an indictment on just how shit the NSW halfback status truly is.

I keep a keen eye on Peter's performances and whilst he did start the year off well, some of the accolades that were coming his way makes me think sometimes we award praise to mediocrity way too easily.

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't Peter Wallace also out with a injury near the end of the 2010 season ?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't Peter Wallace also out with a injury near the end of the 2010 season ?

2010.....?

I'm sorry you're wrong. He played at least from R15 or 16 through to 26 when Lockyer missed from R22 the remainder of the year.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

wallace wasnt that great at the start of the year he just had a forward pack that was working hard and beating the opposition, and his kicking game was going well.

we werent scoring tries for great plays or even set plays. all year theyve been one out solo efforts/lucky kicks/sketchy and messy plays. wallace hasnt controlled a thing all year its just because the rest of the side was covering up for him.

now the forwards are tired and playing injured the halves are being exposed.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I'm curious, what's Wallace's Try Assists and Line Break Assists tally and how many of them occurred at the start of the year?

EDIT: Watching through some old replays to make sense of it myself has reminded me how shocking Gerard Beale was at the start of the year. Funny how much the pendulum has swung there.

Last edited:
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I've sunk the boot into Wallace before, but I'm reluctant now. While he's in absolute career worst form right now, the only option to replace him is Corey Norman, who IMO has shown next to nothing in his career to date. Ben Hunt is the other, who has shown about the same as Norman in real terms.

At this point in the year it would do absolutely no good to throw 2 rookies into the halves to organise a team that's low on confidence.

It simply doesn't help that we also have a rookie winger, centres who are returning from injury, a fullback who's busted both physically and mentally... I hate lumping pressure on people but Andrew McCullough really needs to step up. This is his time to go from being a good young prospect to becoming a class player. He has to get the forwards rolling forward. He has to get the halves early ball with momentum. He has to get his kicking game right to get us out of trouble and control field position. So much comes down to him right now.

All the criticism of Wallace and Norman is fair (although I still think some are over the top, which is saying something coming from me) but they're not the only ones really struggling at the moment.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
That about sums it up Cox' man. Is it any coincidence that Wallace's form slide has coincided with the teams? I made a pretty big point of it early in the year that Wal was carrying us.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
That about sums it up Cox' man. Is it any coincidence that Wallace's form slide has coincided with the teams? I made a pretty big point of it early in the year that Wal was carrying us.

TomBakerTrollFace2.gif

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think that was about 50% Reed, 40% terrible defence, and finally 10% Wallace.

Probably right, but still, it's good to remember that at least Wallace could see the crap defence and give the right pass to Reed to take advantage of it.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Probably right, but still, it's good to remember that at least Wallace could see the crap defence and give the right pass to Reed to take advantage of it.

He just didnt feel like taking a hit-up.

G

George Hartley

Aug 8, 2012

I think Wallace has been trying too hard. He needs to sit back and let Hunt take control as first receiver this week...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I think Wallace has been trying too hard. He needs to sit back and let Hunt take control as first receiver this week...

You just might be right, but then thinking of the prospect of Hunt taking control might be just too much for him.

Wallace either lacks, or has lost, his instincts, his ability to see things unfold, think ahead, set up plays and players. But then I bet he could find touch from a penalty

Time for Macca to step right up

Last edited:
G

George Hartley

Aug 8, 2012

I rather Hunt take control than Norman. Norman seems lost..

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • Big Del
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.