Wallace has to go

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
You never said anything about 'major' changes so don't try and shift the goal posts after the fact.

All those changes listed happened around the same time and evidently played a big role in our turn-around that year.

Valid points, but:
(a) We don't have the depth;
(b) We don't have the quality in the proposed replacements

If Bennett had to "make do" I'm sure that he would not be playing with our halves and hooker or fullback

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Again, what don't you understand about 'I wasn't being serious'.

It was wishful thinking, nothing more.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Is hard to pick sarcasm on the internet sometimes so I'm not sure if you're serious...

He's not a real dirty player, per se, but I think he is pretty widely regarded as a bit of a grub in the game. Hindmarsh (I think?) had a bit of a go at him in the media a few years ago, there was that thing with him stomping Cronk. He's always just a little bit... I don't know the word. He gets at people. It's very effective in the hooking role but I always thought he took it a bit too far. Not a likeable person.

Are you guys talking about priddis or Ennis?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Are you guys talking about priddis or Ennis?

Funnily enough I was going to reply saying that but what do you know I scrolled down and you said exactly what I was going to post.

I honestly don't remember Priddis being a grub, Ennis on the other hand... Shit and a grub.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
yeh i can not remember priddis doing anything grubby, at least not while playing for the broncos. id love some links to show some of the supposed grubby stuff he did, but being so long ago its not really likely that any are available if he did do them.

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
Yep you guys are 100% right. Absolute brain melt on my behalf.

I liked Priddus... Did he leave right after the 2000 premiership or have 1 more year?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
1 more year - left after 2001.

still one of the worst decisions in our history to let him go IMO. his performance in penriths grand final win was one of the most dominant ive ever seen in a GF.

B

broncos_are_the_best

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Round 23 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

I don't understand how everyone here is so anti wallace- norman offers nothing in comparison.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I don't understand how everyone here is so anti wallace- norman offers nothing in comparison.

Because Wallace is the senior player who should be more consistent and lead the team. Norman is in his first full year as a first grade player.

B

broncos_are_the_best

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

it isn't Wallace job to teach norman how to play. Wallace is trying hard to lead the team but this is predictable to defend against

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It seems pretty clear, as Coxy and no doubt others have posted recently, that Wallace is no organizer, and that he plays best under a capable leader and organizer, like we all know who.

On the other hand there have been games where Wallace has lead the team but they seem to be all too few.

Like I keep saying, I can't figure Wallace out - why he can be very good, then either not good or MIA.

Maybe Macca should be given some sort of leadership role ... and play the full 80 minutes whenever possible

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

it isn't Wallace job to teach norman how to play. Wallace is trying hard to lead the team but this is predictable to defend against

Didn't see where I said Wallace had to teach Norman. Wallace plays crap every year. He goes months at a time where he is the worst halfback in the comp. That is the problem If he was consistently at his best he would rarely get slagged off because he is a pretty decent halfback.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Didn't see where I said Wallace had to teach Norman. Wallace plays crap every year. He goes months at a time where he is the worst halfback in the comp. That is the problem If he was consistently at his best he would rarely get slagged off because he is a pretty decent halfback.

This - and his job is not to teach but to lead and organize.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

This - and his job is not to teach but to lead and organize.

of which Peter Wallace fails miserably at.......

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

of which Peter Wallace fails miserably at.......

More often than not - yes. Thing is, he has done it, and can do it.

Such inconsistently is ruining this side

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008

I'm baffled. Wallace was probably the best NSW halfback in the comp just before Origin kicked off. I don't understand how he's fallen so flat.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008

I think he's playing wounded again - he doesn't seem like one who's able to play with injury. He was battered, bruised, strapped and iced up more than any of the other players in the sheds post Canberra game. If he can't play with a niggle than it's a serious flaw of his.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I think he's playing wounded again - he doesn't seem like one who's able to play with injury. He was battered, bruised, strapped and iced up more than any of the other players in the sheds post Canberra game. If he can't play with a niggle than it's a serious flaw of his.

.. and he should be spelled, for the good of the team

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.