OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Herbie and Reece are quite possibly mates aswell, (they comment on each other's Instagram posts) so Herbie may not be too upset if it's his mate taking the position he wants and makes us a real premiership contender.
A back 5 of Walsh, Cobbo, Staggs, Herbie and Oates is one of the most dangerous in the comp.
That's like saying you wouldn't be mad if your mate serviced your wife while you were out of town.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I wonder how much Walsh seeing Cobbo running around in a Qld gernsey had to do with him realising the Warriors move was a major balls up. i know his personal family situation is being touted as the major cause, but I think Cobbo's success has given him food for thought.

When all is said and done, I'm more than happy to see him back in Broncos colours.
Walsh was selected for Qld last year wasn`t he ?
if my alzheimers is not playing up today ?

Volvo Driver

Volvo Driver

QCup Player
Jul 9, 2020
you just have to laugh at Badel. his latest article is full of contradictions:

He starts by saying Reece is a "officially" a Bronco ... the literally 2 paragraphs later says it is "understood" that Walsh has signed a 3 year contract
I don't think that's a contradiction. He can be an official Bronco but the actual detail (re: length) of the contract could be unknown.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Arthars is an interesting one. Unless I’ve really missed the obvious signs, I’m not sure if he and his missus are still together, and she’s been picked up by the Lions for this year’s AFLW season so I figured that’s why he wanted to stay in Brisbane after the Warriors left Redcliffe and his loan finished

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I would imagine here that the club would have spoken to the players affected about this and I imagine they would be behind it for it to happen. Because as good as Walsh and likely will be, we don’t REALLY need him, certainly not enough to put current key position teammates offside to bring him in.
I think more like the other way around. Reece would've sounded out Patty, Payne, etc to feel out their thoughts on him possibly returning.

Kevvie will have discussed it formally with Adam, and maybe Patty and Kurt, but I wouldn't think there'd have been a show of hands across the group or anything like that. Roster management isn't a democracy.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
TMM and Arthars for Walsh?
TMM is not under contract for next year, so we could only say we aren't going to try retain him......unless they are trying to make something happen for this season, in which case that's exciting. I've not seen anything in the reports that says anything is going to happen before 2023 though.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
If Ponga wasn’t on a million dollars a year, I am not sure he gets the fullback spot for QLD, he hasn’t been at his brilliant best this year. It seems like he’s constantly getting injured

Whaaaa ?
Do you suggest Billy looks at their contracts and says million dollar contract !
I`ll ave him ?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
TMM and Arthars for Walsh?
The issue here is that you can’t trade TMM his contract isn’t with us next year. TMM is probably looking at signing his last substantial contract you reckon him or his manager want to do this without the process of hitting the open market and bumping up his price even if the the ideal location is New Zealand. He can go sign for New Zealand with or without Reece Walsh coming to the Broncos. Other thing that has to be taken into account with both and any player that comes into these negotiations is they have to agree to leave. This isn’t the NBA where you can trade whoever whenever without any sort of approval. TMM would have to agree to go there and Arthars would have to agree to stick around. If Arthars doesn’t have full confidence in a spot at there club he might think it’s more worthwhile to be in Brisbane and profit of the likely fall out to occur in our backline in 12 months time cause every man and his dog wants to play Fullback.

1. Metcalf
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. Niukore/Pompey
5. Montoya
6. Volkman
7. Johnson

personally Jesse doesn’t crack that backline and TMM doesn’t snag fullback from either CNK or Metcalf neither will he snag the 6 spot from Volkman or Metcalf.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Was gutted when he left ... would be stoked if he came back ... but ... part of me is wary of some double, bottom-of-the-deck dealing going on where this is more smoke and mirrors from those fringe-dwelling entities .. player agents. Is this some kind of ruse to get the Dolphins to up the ante. "If something looks too good to be true ... it probably is."

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
TMM is not under contract for next year, so we could only say we aren't going to try retain him......unless they are trying to make something happen for this season, in which case that's exciting. I've not seen anything in the reports that says anything is going to happen before 2023 though.

Yeah these are my thoughts. I suspect this happens this year, maybe within the next fortnight.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Was gutted when he left ... would be stoked if he came back ... but ... part of me is wary of some double, bottom-of-the-deck dealing going on where this is more smoke and mirrors from those fringe-dwelling entities .. player agents. Is this some kind of ruse to get the Dolphins to up the ante. "If something looks too good to be true ... it probably is."

Agreed. We won't be celebrating by any means until it is announced by the club...and the plane with him on it has flown in (not sure if he needs to be on a plane but anyway).

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think more like the other way around. Reece would've sounded out Patty, Payne, etc to feel out their thoughts on him possibly returning.

Kevvie will have discussed it formally with Adam, and maybe Patty and Kurt, but I wouldn't think there'd have been a show of hands across the group or anything like that. Roster management isn't a democracy.
It was always going to be a delicate situation when we decided to go back to market for recruitment.

Whoever is intended to be brought in has to fit in with the culture that is being developed at the club.

They're instilling a bit of a siege mentality where they as a group are looking to achieve and become successful without needing outside help.

That mindset eventually leads to development of a leadership group and accountability policed by the playing group, which is what the storm have.

I don't necessarily think we are there yet in having a playing group that will keep each other accountable, so bringing in any sort of ego has potential to upset the apple cart... alternatively losing a player that is well liked across the playing group for a new blow-in has potential to cause discontent as well.

Already we are flagging the possibility that Herbie might up stumps and head over to Dolphins to get an opportunity.

There's a number of players being flagged as not getting retained to make room for Walsh's contract.

If players within the playing group are mates with those being moved on or they deem the guy coming in for them won't be able to contribute to the same level, then it can cause discontent.

I hope that we have a strong enough leadership group forming that it can withstand a bit of churn across the roster, but there is a risk that we upset the status quo.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.