OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Whaaaa ?
Do you suggest Billy looks at their contracts and says million dollar contract !
I`ll ave him ?

If he was on 500k, do think he would get the attention of the Origin coach based on his performances this year?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Their compensation is Jesse Arthurs, I’d bet…

Sounds like the 2 clubs are pretty damn close off the field, which I like a lot.

I think this is firming up the Bros as my official no.2 team. I cheered them on in 2011 GF against Manly (coz honestly who wouldn’t?) and I love how crazy their team gets, amazing one week and awful the next, or sometimes in the same game…

So yeah, good times for us, and best of luck and respect to the Warriors.

Without even coming into the terms of the release and the fact we are set to gain benefit, you have to respect they're prepared to let their best player go for the benefit of his family

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I wonder the chances of this all happening this year. CNK to Warriors, or even just TMM & Walsh back home.

I think the Warriors are still based in Redcliffe so it really doesn't benefit them at all, undoubted Walsh brings more to them than TMM would, particularly as he is injured

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Exactly right, we just don't know.. everything is speculation.
Well, of course, we can't read his mind. But we can try to imagine how he'd be feeling in his shoes, given what we've seen transpire.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Whilst it’s tempting to laugh at Redcliffe, the reality is it’s not boding well for the NRL and the game overall that the club is struggling on the recruitment front.

They are a filthy rich, hugely storied club in absolute Rugby League heartland. They have one of the very best talent drawing Coaches in the game currently, and they are STILL struggling to kick any major recruitment goals.

If Redcliffe, even with all that in their favour, is struggling as an expansion club, then honestly what hope in hell does the likes of Perth or another New Zealand side have of ever getting off the ground.

I know it’s going to be a bitter pill to swallow for some, but this is a textbook example of why we simply have to move to a draft model within the next few years.

17 teams needs to become 18 to really make expansion worthwhile for the tv networks with an extra game, but there is absolutely no way we can even contemplate this unless we implement a proper draft system first.

The NRL is probably going to get lucky by the skin of its teeth that Redcliffe have enough cash and location advantages up their sleeve that they’ll be able to survive and get up and rube viable, but there is literally no other expansion option on the table that has even the faintest chance of success without it.
"I know it’s going to be a bitter pill to swallow for some, but this is a textbook example of why we simply have to move to a draft model within the next few years."

I actually think it's a textbook example of why the NRL doesn't need 17 or 18 teams. The number of teams isn't the problem; the location of some them is.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
In the NBA, they say the biggets competitive advantage a franchise can have is their front office.

Frankly, i couldnt be more pleased by the fact i hear or see virtually nothing from DD or Ikin....until stuff like this breaks...

And then you know they are simply doing their job.

I think i mentioned on here actually the fact that as soon as Reynolds stepped foot in the place the succession planning for him needs to begin...

And thats precisely what the clubs doing...

I remember the day we signed Ben Ikin and finding a position for him despite him missing out on the CEO position to Dave Donaghey was the day I felt like shit was getting real again, that we weren’t fucking around anymore and meant business.

Then the Reynolds signing was the icing on top of our renaissance…

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
My thoughts on this info.

1. Those that are leaving were already leaving. Part of this will go to him no doubts. Maybe half by the sounds.
2. That offer is probably from earlier in the year when they Dolphins were trying to agitate for release, and or either a sneaky way for them to get their current offer in front of his eyes.

Funny how this is being presented. The Dolphins have no right to just assume they can have whoever they want. They should have chased the right players early and offered them 2 million or more. Spen half the cap on three players and filled it with journey men and hidden gems in cup level. Instead they tried getting players who currently contracted. Wayne should of known better, like super battles clubs will stand their ground when their not getting anything in return. Some would be fully prepared to have players ride the pine than let them play for another team for no return on investments.

Technically, the Dolphins couldnt have made Walsh an offer anyway, he wasnt off contract.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
So i read on the most unreliable source of news in the world (reddit) that the entire and sole reason Walsh wants to come back is because his misses left him due to him constantly fucking around on her (the latest being in NZ) and she told him when she dumped him that she wont ever allow her son to come to NZ to see him and so Walsh buckled to those threats and made the choice to come back.

The Warriors know all about it and have let it go on compassionate grounds on the provision its with the Broncos for a direct swap with TMM/Arthurs.

Again this is all from Reddit so is more than likely a load of horseshit, but you never know.

edit: for what its worth, the same rumor is doing the rounds on front row forums.

B

bert_lifts

QCup Player
May 15, 2021
Would that be for an immediate swap? Cause otherwise TMM can't be used as a bargaining chip if so. Since ya know, hes off contract next year.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So i read on the most unreliable source of news in the world (reddit) that the entire and sole reason Walsh wants to come back is because his misses left him due to him constantly fucking around on her (the latest being in NZ) and she told him when she dumped him that she wont ever allow her son to come to NZ to see him and so Walsh buckled to those threats and made the choice to come back.

The Warriors know all about it and have let it go on compassionate grounds on the provision its with the Broncos for a direct swap with TMM/Arthurs.

Again this is all from Reddit so is more than likely a load of horseshit, but you never know.

edit: for what its worth, the same rumor is doing the rounds on front row forums.
Doesn’t make a lot of sense. This would have to have been in the works for at least a few weeks. So this rumour is expecting us to believe that when he was in NZ over the weekend he gets busted cheating so the club says off you go and all of a sudden we magically have space for him?

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Doesn’t make a lot of sense. This would have to have been in the works for at least a few weeks. So this rumour is expecting us to believe that when he was in NZ over the weekend he gets busted cheating so the club says off you go and all of a sudden we magically have space for him?
Yep who knows, just what i read on reddit, then saw again on Front Row.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Walsh apparently flew home to Brisbane today. Talk of a possible immediate switch with Martin going to the warriors.
The Warriors have a bye this weekend then don’t play in NZ for 2’weeks after that. Could mean nothing

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.