OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
So i read on the most unreliable source of news in the world (reddit) that the entire and sole reason Walsh wants to come back is because his misses left him due to him constantly fucking around on her (the latest being in NZ) and she told him when she dumped him that she wont ever allow her son to come to NZ to see him and so Walsh buckled to those threats and made the choice to come back.

The Warriors know all about it and have let it go on compassionate grounds on the provision its with the Broncos for a direct swap with TMM/Arthurs.

Again this is all from Reddit so is more than likely a load of horseshit, but you never know.

edit: for what its worth, the same rumor is doing the rounds on front row forums.
I don’t know about the missus reaction but I can 100% confirm that is why they are no longer together. Not sure about the New Zealand part both cheating and the daughter stuff but he definitely cheated and there was a photo doing the rounds on social media of him asleep in another girls bed as proof of that.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Predicted this would happen exactly when he first left, think the years it took was spot on as well.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Predicted this would happen exactly when he first left, think the years it took was spot on as well.
Yeah look I’m not shocked about it. The bloke thought he was ready for NRL didn’t like the lack of faith. Signed at the END of his contract to go elsewhere. Ended up with the early release, proved us all wrong and a bit over 12 months later he is well and truely regretting it even if he now has the viable excuse of his daughter living in a different country.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I believe the Warriors are still based out of Redcliffe even though they played in NZ on the weekend
I've heard Kent suggest that they're still based in Redcliffe, but if they are it would make zero sense.

All their remaining home games are at Mt Smart, so why would they still base themselves out of Redcliffe and possibly travel further than some Sydney teams to their own home games.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Yeah look I’m not shocked about it. The bloke thought he was ready for NRL didn’t like the lack of faith. Signed at the END of his contract to go elsewhere. Ended up with the early release, proved us all wrong and a bit over 12 months later he is well and truely regretting it even if he now has the viable excuse of his daughter living in a different country.
The simple fact is Warriors have proven from day 1 that it's next to impossible to keep good Aussie players at the club because no one wants to live in NZ and the club has to do way more travel then everyone else plus the time differences.

I think a Perth club will have the same issues, but that won't have the benefits of having as many players who originate from where the club is.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The simple fact is Warriors have proven from day 1 that it's next to impossible to keep good Aussie players at the club because no one wants to live in NZ and the club has to do way more travel then everyone else plus the time differences.

I think a Perth club will have the same issues, but that won't have the benefits of having as many players who originate from where the club is.
I'm not sure if it's solely a "don't want to live in NZ"... I think it's just a supply and demand thing.

The supply of talented NRL players is limited compared to the demand on talent from NRL clubs.

The salary cap also makes it harder for the warriors as it keeps them on a level playing field with the rest of the comp. If they had some cap concessions then they could pay more to keep the ones they really want.

When everyone is operating under the same restrictions cap wise it limits the incentives that a team can offer to keep a player.

Look at the dolphins... the NSWRL media were flagging players like Gutho as possible targets for the dolphins, but why would Gutho uproot his life to move to Redcliffe when there is a high demand for him in Sydney.

We know players are willing to move to Brisbane, but high profile Sydney players don't often move to Brisbane because there's a shit ton of teams in Sydney that want them as well.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I'm not sure if it's solely a "don't want to live in NZ"... I think it's just a supply and demand thing.

The supply of talented NRL players is limited compared to the demand on talent from NRL clubs.

The salary cap also makes it harder for the warriors. if they had a lot of money and no cap restrictions, they could pay overs to keep the ones they really want.

When everyone is operating under the same restrictions cap wise it limits the incentives that a team can offer to keep a player.

Look at the dolphins... the NSWRL media were flagging players like Gutho as possible targets for the dolphins, but why would Gutho uproot his life to move to Redcliffe when there is a high demand for him in Sydney.

We know players are willing to move to Brisbane, but high profile Sydney players don't often move to Brisbane because there's a shit ton of teams in Sydney that want them as well.
It's likely the travel, Sydney clubs have the luxury of the least travel required, most games they have in the year they can drive to.

Melbourne, Cowboys and Warriors do the most Travel, while Melbourne definitely doesn't struggle to keep the players it wants, it being a good team and a city completely out of the media spotlight would help.

Cowboys have alot of players who are from the area so it helps them in that regard, Warriors on the other hand is a hard sell, the team isn't good and really hasn't been good for a decent period of time since inception, even when someone plays good there they are kind of forgotten as well, then add the most Travel of any other team with the time differences and it's not really attractive for players from Australia.

Auckland isn't a cheap city either, not at Sydney or Melbourne levels but not far off and certainly more expensive then Brisbane, even with the currency difference.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
This sounds good... but it could also be the death knell with Kevvie coming out and confirming it before the deal is done 🤔🤔🤔
Sounds like they are in the cooling off period, so an “official” announcement may well be a little way off.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ronald
  • Stix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • Robboi_321
  • PETERN
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.