OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

. The deal is done. Also cooling off periods where scrapped in 2017, once you’ve signed It’s done.
is this true?

If so i never knew this always thought it was still in effect i swear i hear the media talk about it all the time when they talk contracts?

He's a kid and they're currently out in regional Qld on origin duties, he probably has no fucking idea what's going on back at the broncos.

The journo probably asked him "would you like to play fullback next year?"
"yeah maybe... yeah I just love playing anywhere in a broncos jersey yeah"
The poor kid. Everyone telling him he’s a fullback but he says he would prefer centre or outside back then after a million questions about fullback he finally says “yeah sure fullback whatever” and now it will be “how do you feel about losing the fullback spot to Walsh”

because do we know yet if the nrl change there mind on the rules and say the warriors cannot dictate who walsh plays for? he either stays with warriors or goes to open market.

I mean vlandys has proven he will change the rules on a dime if he thinks it helps the nrl.
And lets be honest taking our broncos hats off the nrl would be stronger if dolphins landed walsh

Again i got no idea. and neither do you. Maybe it has already been registered and the cooling off period is over.

All im saying i would rather our coach say nothing untl the broncos do an official announcement Just feels more professional that way and leaves less room for egg on face
It's a done deal mate. Check the official BHQ Roster Tracker if you're in doubt. It's never wrong.

What’s the obsession with wanting to play fullback? Herbie/Cobbo… don’t understand. They are gun players in their positions now

What is he back flipping on? He has permission to join the Broncos and Broncos only which was by his own choice. He isn’t going to decide he no longer wants to be around his infant daughter. The deal is done. Also cooling off periods where scrapped in 2017, once you’ve signed It’s done.
I'm pretty sure there's still a 10 day cooling off period, it just can't be announced until it's been served, so there's no backflipping once it's announced because the cooling off has finished.

The player can relinquish their right to a cooling off period and just have it go straight through.

Could be wrong though, the signing rules change too often for me to keep up.

What’s the obsession with wanting to play fullback? Herbie/Cobbo… don’t understand. They are gun players in their positions now
Money mostly, but also you're far more important at fullback and get to be the star player instead of just part of the team.

because do we know yet if the nrl change there mind on the rules and say the warriors cannot dictate who walsh plays for? he either stays with warriors or goes to open market.

I mean vlandys has proven he will change the rules on a dime if he thinks it helps the nrl.
And lets be honest taking our broncos hats off the nrl would be stronger if dolphins landed walsh

Again i got no idea. and neither do you. Maybe it has already been registered and the cooling off period is over.

All im saying i would rather our coach say nothing untl the broncos do an official announcement Just feels more professional that way and leaves less room for egg on face

This is not something the NRL will intervene in. The fall out would be too great for them to handle

While the Warriors can't dictate who he plays for once off contract, they certainly have the right to dictate who they will RELEASE Walsh from his contract to go to.

Given this hasn't been leaked to the media until what seems to be the 11th hour is another good example of how far we've come. We aren't letting anything slip to Journalists.

The move itself i can understand. A first class hooker would have been priority for us but this appears to have just fallen in our lap and at a decent price so we've jumped at it.

Assuming Hass is out the door along with Kennedy and James the next move we make should be to sign another quality depth forward to re boost those stocks.

Without getting to far ahead of myself do you free up the 800k from Hass and if Piakura's HIA are taken seriously his future has to be in doubt so free up his 400k and make a move to get Fitita back?

This is not something the NRL will intervene in. The fall out would be too great for them to handle

While the Warriors can't dictate who he plays for once off contract, they certainly have the right to dictate who they will RELEASE Walsh from his contract to go to.

It's really easy for them to give a reason why in this case, the Dolphins have nothing to offer them in exchange

I'm pretty sure there's still a 10 day cooling off period, it just can't be announced until it's been served, so there's no backflipping once it's announced because the cooling off has finished.

The player can relinquish their right to a cooling off period and just have it go straight through.

Could be wrong though, the signing rules change too often for me to keep up.
The rule was scrapped in 2017 after being agreed to by both the NRL and RLPA. Once you sign on the dotted line now it’s 100% a done deal.

It’s a change that somehow a lot of people missed out on even media who still report about cooling off periods every now and then.

It's really easy for them to give a reason why in this case, the Dolphins have nothing to offer them in exchange

We're not giving them anything either.

We do have plenty of good will with the Warriors though. We initially released Walsh without compensation, as well as Lodge, Niko and Arthars... well, 3 out of those 4 have worked out for them

My 10yo son is a massive Reece Walsh fan, he walked past while I was watching NRL360:

Son: Is Reece Walsh leaving Warriors?
Me: Yeah, he’s coming to the Broncos.
Son: What? (Followed by silence) massive grin on his face.

it was priceless. 👍

Money mostly, but also you're far more important at fullback and get to be the star player instead of just part of the team.

Money is a big thing, but some players like to be involved as well and get their hands on the ball. I think thats what Herbie for example is looking for.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Browny
  • Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Galah
  • TimWhatley
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.