OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It sounds like Redcliffe and Bennett trying to save face through the media with the not willing to talk with them because they wanted Walsh badly and have missed out on him. Sounds better to say you weren't allowed to negotiate than you got beaten by your cross town rival.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I did. There is no restriction on Walsh- it's what he wants. He's asked to stay in this area and Warriors are happy to help him stay in the area if he can get deal done with Brisbane. The release wasn't the first option, they tried to work through it but it couldn't be done for six weeks. Only option was staying here in Brisbane and that's what Dawson and Walsh asked for. You're restricted if you're getting what you want.

You're allowed to put certain club/s into releases.

I asked where the rumours were coming from. Direct quote

So where is this coming from about him only being allowed to talk to Brisbane? Seems to be quite a few different sources saying the deal is he can only leave to join us. Its not like if he joined the Dolphins he wouldn't be close enough to Brisbane.
Come on, you arent stupid, you can clearly see i asked about where the rumours were coming from, not the current negotiations.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It sounds like Redcliffe and Bennett trying to save face through the media with the not willing to talk with them because they wanted Walsh badly and have missed out on him. Sounds better to say you weren't allowed to negotiate than you got beaten by your cross town rival.

To be fair to them, I would be asking the exact same question today if I was the Dolphins.

Everyone else has too.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I asked where the rumours were coming from. Direct quote

Come on, you arent stupid, you can clearly see i asked about where the rumours were coming from, not the current negotiations.

I've answered that, it came from the Warriors, they've told you what happened. I don't understand how you are confused.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've answered that, it came from the Warriors, they've told you what happened. I don't understand how you are confused.

Do you know if the club will be having a press conference / making an official announcement?

It doesn't seem the Roosters and Lodge have made an official statement either.

MagicMan87

MagicMan87

BRL Player
Aug 21, 2018
I've got no dramas with Walsh wanting to come back here. Its as i said, if he wants to come here and we can do a deal then thats best for everyone. All im saying is i'm curious where these rumours he can only talk to us have come from. It seems multiple sources have the same info. Maybe they have just all got their wires crossed, who knows.
They aren’t rumors it came directly from the Warriors CEO himself, he explained it all in an interview this morning. Walsh asked for a release. They asked where did he wanna go, he said the Broncos and they said okay you can talk to the Broncos and Broncos only because we aren’t looking for a media circus where you end up in Sydney.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Do you know if the club will be having a press conference / making an official announcement?

It doesn't seem the Roosters and Lodge have made an official statement either.

Warriors are back at Redcliffe in two weeks.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
They aren’t rumors it came directly from the Warriors CEO himself, he explained it all in an interview this morning. Walsh asked for a release. They asked where did he wanna go, he said the Broncos and they said okay you can talk to the Broncos and Broncos only because we aren’t looking for a media circus where you end up in Sydney.
So then according to the Warriors CEO, he can only talk to us. Case closed.

I do get why they are saying that if its a Sydney club. Wouldn't make any sense to release him only for him to end up in Sydney. Hopefully it all just works out for us and him. Football wise i still think its a great move for both parties. Off the field i still have concerns, but we will see. At the moment he's just been a bit of an idiot once. Plenty of time for him to learn from that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I’m sorry this is going to sound harsh but Yvonne Sampson is really not that bright. I am sure she is a lovely person and has a lot of great qualities but I just listened to that segment and they fact that they had to explain it to her like she was 12 and she still couldn’t get it was really painful.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
because do we know yet if the nrl change there mind on the rules and say the warriors cannot dictate who walsh plays for? he either stays with warriors or goes to open market.

I mean vlandys has proven he will change the rules on a dime if he thinks it helps the nrl.
And lets be honest taking our broncos hats off the nrl would be stronger if dolphins landed walsh

Again i got no idea. and neither do you. Maybe it has already been registered and the cooling off period is over.

All im saying i would rather our coach say nothing untl the broncos do an official announcement Just feels more professional that way and leaves less room for egg on face
That’s not gonna happen. They have every right to they are the ones terminating this said contract and if what they want doesn’t happen he doesn’t leave. He hasn’t just been released for the world to go ham on him, he will only be released if he can strike a deal with the Broncos cause otherwise he was bullshitting them and they don’t want a bar of his open market circus. If this turns into a shit Storm he will be at the Warriors and really nobody wins. It is well within their rights and people like you who just don’t seem to understand how his release will be triggered are the ones who are calling this into question. Kenty and buzz agreed on the matter for **** sakes generally means that’s the way shit is going down when that happens. Reece Walsh said it “I want to go to the Broncos”. Which I reckon as a 19 year old on 400k, 0 pressure, heaps of attention and around your mates. Which trust me for a 19 year old is important and I’m sorry but the Redcliffe player pool is far from his demographic of mates or personalities. I don’t see how the outcome changes if he goes on the open market. I get heaps of blokes are shitting themselves this will blow up in our face cause we are in an era where the loudest and the whingers get what they want. If Reece Walsh is signing a deal for 400k at the Broncos, which lets be clear is a bargain which he would know as well. Means he wants to be here just as much as we want him to be here.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I’m sorry this is going to sound harsh but Yvonne Sampson is really not that bright. I am sure she is a lovely person and has a lot of great qualities but I just listened to that segment and they fact that they had to explain it to her like she was 12 and she still couldn’t get it was really painful.

Which show was this?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah being a general host who asks questions rather than answers them is definitely more her wheelhouse. She didn't seem to have much of an opinion on anything, and was surprisingly defensive of the Dolphins

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah being a general host who asks questions rather than answers them is definitely more her wheelhouse. She didn't seem to have much of an opinion on anything, and was surprisingly defensive of the Dolphins
She’s by far the best female host and is two or three weeks back after a 12 month break

I’m sure we’d ask safe questions too in our jobs if we were gone 12M

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
She’s by far the best female host and is two or three weeks back after a 12 month break

I’m sure we’d ask safe questions too in our jobs if we were gone 12M
She wasn’t the host but. She was there for an opinion and really in my opinion she can host whatever the **** she likes but she is about a 10th as qualified as some of the ‘experts’ that I still have my doubts over being just that. Look she got really angry at some things she had no clue about and it was all a bit to forced to somehow work out. Might just be her getting some confidence and practice back in on a less important platform to iron out the kinks.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnyE
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Galah
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.