OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I’m sorry this is going to sound harsh but Yvonne Sampson is really not that bright. I am sure she is a lovely person and has a lot of great qualities but I just listened to that segment and they fact that they had to explain it to her like she was 12 and she still couldn’t get it was really painful.

She was good until she went to Fox. Got sucked into the hype machine and bullshit narratives they pump out in a big way

Doesn’t help her husband works for Nein and is your typical germalist twat that does the same thing.

Imagine how bad the brain drain effect is when you have it compounded by being both at work and at home.

A sad decline - I honestly don’t even see her as a Qlder anymore either

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Vonny is an absolute idiot, she was saying that our deal with Walsh is shady and unfair but somehow thought that Wayne coming out last week saying that Munster will be at the Dolphins next year was ok. With the dumbest smile on her face to boot. These people make me sick sometimes.

The kid asked for a release and specified that he wanted to go home to the Broncos. The Warriors said if you can get a deal done with them we will let you go. They acted in good faith towards him and let him and his management do the same, I bet if he came back with a deal at any other club he is either on the plane to NZ or sitting out for two years. It doesn't matter if he said the Dolphins and it wasn't granted, he never said it and obviously never wanted it in the end. Wayne can try to agitate players out of contracts all he likes but when Walsh wanted a start at another club we acted in good faith and let him leave, so obviously the Warriors have respected a favor with a favor and that's good business. The reality of this situation is a Broncos developed talent is likely on the way home and certain personalities can't handle it.

Interestingly Buzz was very impressed tonight and called us a powerhouse.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah, there is nothing sinister going on here. If warriors even said, "look pick one club you're interested in going to, and we'll see what they say" and Walsh said "Broncos" (because it's like his old home) and the Broncos had said "no, too pricey", he may have even gone back and asked to speak to Redcliffe.

He could have just as easily answered "The", and been allowed to speak only to them and sign with Dolphins if they had agreed.

If the Warriors had opened it up to 3 Clubs, the media would be equally enlivened. "WhY No sYDnEy clUbS!?".

Then Walsh would have had 17 clubs beating down doors to get to him and the poor guy is going through something pretty hectic. Obviously it is of his own making, but it's still shit going through a break-up, let alone that a baby is involved and it's likely to play out in the media and socials.

So, yeah, it's very simple and being made into the typical NRL news insanity.

B

bert_lifts

QCup Player
May 15, 2021
jfc. Just watched that segment on 360 and Yvonne is clueless lmao. She can't fathom that walsh is still under contract and the warriors can dictate terms.

Does she have some affiliation to the phins? She sounds super salty.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
jfc. Just watched that segment on 360 and Yvonne is clueless lmao. She can't fathom that walsh is still under contract and the warriors can dictate terms.

I think she's probably had a fair few NSWRL boys in her ear with all the Anti-Broncos rhetoric "did you know they did X" stuff, and this case that she clearly doesn't understand has switched her brain to "hey, wait a minute, maybe the Broncos are privileged", even though this is actually not a dodgy deal.

Like, if it were more in line with how we got Milford, one could understand her questions. In fact, that may be one of the parallels she's drawing on here.

B

bert_lifts

QCup Player
May 15, 2021
I think she's probably had a fair few NSWRL boys in her ear with all the Anti-Broncos rhetoric "did you know they did X" stuff, and this case that she clearly doesn't understand has switched her brain to "hey, wait a minute, maybe the Broncos are privileged", even though this is actually not a dodgy deal.

Like, if it were more in line with how we got Milford, one could understand her questions. In fact, that may be one of the parallels she's drawing on here.
I mean everyone else on the panel seemed to grasp the situation(I'd hope anyone with a functioning brain would), none of them have any love loss for us either. In fact I'd say most of them take every chance to shit on Brisbane when they can lol.

Almost feels like the producers told her to argue for the sake of the show. Kent tried to explain it to her multiple times and she still looked dumbfounded by the end of it. That segment made her look really stupid.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I think they are asked to be contrarian, Yvonne doesn’t seem that stupid to not understand what a contractual release is.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
This is not something the NRL will intervene in. The fall out would be too great for them to handle

While the Warriors can't dictate who he plays for once off contract, they certainly have the right to dictate who they will RELEASE Walsh from his contract to go to.
Indeed. The player wants a release from his contract and the club agrees providing certain conditions are met that the players agrees to. No party is feeling aggrieved so no reason for the NRL to get involved.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
DCE:

“It’s a massive signing for them. I’ve been lucky enough to do a few Origin camps with Reece and watching him in the NRL, he is electric, he is one of the most promising fullbacks in our game. It’s a great signing for the Broncos — he is only going to make the Broncos better."​
“Te Maire Martin has been doing a fantastic job this year but I can see why the Broncos are chasing the upside in Reece. He has all the potential to be one of the best fullbacks in the game for a long time and make the Broncos a serious contender."​
“People see the flashy stuff with Reece but having worked with him in Queensland camp, he is a guy who really wants to learn. He is not content to be an average NRL player. He strikes me as someone who wants to be the best and when you have that hunger to be better, that’s really important to succeed in the NRL for a long time.”​

Former housemate Pat Carrigan:

“I’m stoked, it’s a huge coup for us. Reece and I have a pretty good relationship. He used to be my roommate, so we are really close. I can’t wait to have him back here. He is a Bronco kid at heart. We are building something special at the club and having Reece back will add another dimension to the Broncos."​
“In this competition, you need a really good spine and Reece will bring some strikepower. He is a future superstar, he is an Origin star in the making and he is already a face of the game at 19 years of age. With Reece on board, we can be a premiership contender, 100 per cent. I love how competitive he is. He always wants to win and if the club keeps building our spine, the next few years will be very promising.”​

Warriors boss Cameron George:

“Reece was only given permission to negotiate with Brisbane. We didn’t want to turn this into a position where he was looking at clubs outside the Brisbane region where his family was. We didn’t want to turn it into a bidding war. Second to that, we are in discussions with the Broncos about potentially other players they have got that we could look at. We’ll have some discussions over the next period of time.”​

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm pretty happy the Dolphins are pissed off. Welcome to Brisbane when Brisbane is winning flogs.

Loving that people on Reddit are referring to them as "The" due to having no location in their name.
The name's right there on the jersey.

Screendolphins

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Do you know if the club will be having a press conference / making an official announcement?

It doesn't seem the Roosters and Lodge have made an official statement either.
I saw Lodge do a press conference with a Roosters shirt on .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Vonny is an absolute idiot, she was saying that our deal with Walsh is shady and unfair but somehow thought that Wayne coming out last week saying that Munster will be at the Dolphins next year was ok. With the dumbest smile on her face to boot. These people make me sick sometimes.

The kid asked for a release and specified that he wanted to go home to the Broncos. The Warriors said if you can get a deal done with them we will let you go. They acted in good faith towards him and let him and his management do the same, I bet if he came back with a deal at any other club he is either on the plane to NZ or sitting out for two years. It doesn't matter if he said the Dolphins and it wasn't granted, he never said it and obviously never wanted it in the end. Wayne can try to agitate players out of contracts all he likes but when Walsh wanted a start at another club we acted in good faith and let him leave, so obviously the Warriors have respected a favor with a favor and that's good business. The reality of this situation is a Broncos developed talent is likely on the way home and certain personalities can't handle it.

Interestingly Buzz was very impressed tonight and called us a powerhouse.

Warriors boss is an interesting man .
There was some sort of physical altercation with Matt Lodge that led to his pay out and release . Non disclosure agreement thrown in there too I bet .
Now Walsh released but only yo the Broncos ? I think Walsh will play for the Broncos this season . It`s rare after this kind of media for the player to stay put after talk of releases .

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I think if we get Walsh in the next few weeks and get the rest of the guys back fit (Herbie at least two games out from the finals) then we are a genuine chance of a premiership this year.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think if we get Walsh in the next few weeks and get the rest of the guys back fit (Herbie at least two games out from the finals) then we are a genuine chance of a premiership this year.
Does anyone really expect to get Reece here this season? I haven't seen any suggestion of that. It's all been about next season.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Does anyone really expect to get Reece here this season? I haven't seen any suggestion of that. It's all been about next season.

Yeah , like I said earlier .
There is usually a to and fro . Then boom next week they are at a new club . Luciano for eg ?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
If we get Walsh in the next few weeks with an early release we will get the new signing honeymoon period for the rest of the year which will be a huge bonus going into the finals. The team looks tired with all the injuries

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.