BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Pretty funny reading Warriors fans calling him the next Kevin Locke

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
How funny is it hearing people going on about how it's not fair the dolphins don't get a shot at him...

1st off, what the warriors have done has prevented him from bs'ing to get a release and stopped a bidding war for a contracted player. Fans have been screaming for that bs to stop for ages.

Secondly, IMAGINE for a second the shoe was on the other foot with Broncos dolphins. There would be back page news for WEEKS about how could the broncos **** this up so badly yet when we do this well it isn't fair hahahahaha...

I LOVE being hated again! **** nswrl

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah , like I said earlier .
There is usually a to and fro . Then boom next week they are at a new club . Luciano for eg ?
If we get Walsh in the next few weeks with an early release we will get the new signing honeymoon period for the rest of the year which will be a huge bonus going into the finals. The team looks tired with all the injuries
I suppose it's not impossible, but you'd have to treat this as a whole new rumour unconnected to anything anyone is saying.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think they are asked to be contrarian, Yvonne doesn’t seem that stupid to not understand what a contractual release is.
If that was the case she had time to come up with a better argument than that. Truthfully I don’t think she is very smart. I think when she is reading off a teleprompter or a scripted scenario she does a great job, but last night she just couldn’t grasp the concept. She was trying to make the point using examples that were the exact opposite scenario and when Kenty try to make her understand that she just talked over him. She got quite disrespectful as well by rolling her eyes whenever her beloved ‘The’ was disrespected which was bizarre to tbh.

For her sake I hope she was asked to be contrarian.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If that was the case she had time to come up with a better argument than that. Truthfully I don’t think she is very smart. I think when she is reading off a teleprompter or a scripted scenario she does a great job, but last night she just couldn’t grasp the concept. She was trying to make the point using examples that were the exact opposite scenario and when Kenty try to make her understand that she just talked over him. She got quite disrespectful as well by rolling her eyes whenever her beloved ‘The’ was disrespected which was bizarre to tbh.

I won't be too critical of her, not everyone has the personality to get on those talk shows and be so opinionated to the point where you're prepared to yell over the top of someone else to get your view across, you probably need to be a bit of a bigot to have a career on those kind of shows. She would just be like any other regular fan without really knowing the technicalities of contracts and such.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Does anyone really expect to get Reece here this season? I haven't seen any suggestion of that. It's all been about next season.
Once the Warriors realise that it is best to get a head start on next season anything can happen. provided our cap can accommodate the early move.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I won't be too critical of her, not everyone has the personality to get on those talk shows and be so opinionated to the point where you're prepared to yell over the top of someone else to get your view across, you probably need to be a bit of a bigot to have a career on those kind of shows. She would just be like any other regular fan without really knowing the technicalities of contracts and such.
That’s fine, therefore she shouldn’t go on them.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

TBH......I think she's a joke.

I really can't say too much more, otherwise I'll come across as a complete, misogynistic ****.

B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
DCE:

“It’s a massive signing for them. I’ve been lucky enough to do a few Origin camps with Reece and watching him in the NRL, he is electric, he is one of the most promising fullbacks in our game. It’s a great signing for the Broncos — he is only going to make the Broncos better."​
“Te Maire Martin has been doing a fantastic job this year but I can see why the Broncos are chasing the upside in Reece. He has all the potential to be one of the best fullbacks in the game for a long time and make the Broncos a serious contender."​
“People see the flashy stuff with Reece but having worked with him in Queensland camp, he is a guy who really wants to learn. He is not content to be an average NRL player. He strikes me as someone who wants to be the best and when you have that hunger to be better, that’s really important to succeed in the NRL for a long time.”​

Former housemate Pat Carrigan:

“I’m stoked, it’s a huge coup for us. Reece and I have a pretty good relationship. He used to be my roommate, so we are really close. I can’t wait to have him back here. He is a Bronco kid at heart. We are building something special at the club and having Reece back will add another dimension to the Broncos."​
“In this competition, you need a really good spine and Reece will bring some strikepower. He is a future superstar, he is an Origin star in the making and he is already a face of the game at 19 years of age. With Reece on board, we can be a premiership contender, 100 per cent. I love how competitive he is. He always wants to win and if the club keeps building our spine, the next few years will be very promising.”​

Warriors boss Cameron George:

“Reece was only given permission to negotiate with Brisbane. We didn’t want to turn this into a position where he was looking at clubs outside the Brisbane region where his family was. We didn’t want to turn it into a bidding war. Second to that, we are in discussions with the Broncos about potentially other players they have got that we could look at. We’ll have some discussions over the next period of time.”​
This quote from the Warriors' boss plays to the notion that Walsh may come this year. The only reports of one of our players going to the Warriors is TMM and he is off contract next year and so not ours to negotiate for next year (unless we have done a deal and not announced it yet) so this makes me think that the Warriors boss is referring to a swap for this year. Who or what else could he be referring to?

It does make sense, they aren't making the finals and may start to look towards next year and want to see TMM play at FB for them plus Walsh doesn't want to be away from his daughter while they go back to play in NZ for the rest of the year so there is still a current welfare issue.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Me too....IF that person can do the job. 9/10 ........that isn't the case and we are simply filling the quota.

How is that equality......?

Yeah you're completely shit at your job but hey....you're female, so you get the gig.

That's how it is these days mate, across many workplaces.

M

Mesmerise

Mar 6, 2021
I’m all for gender equality, just wish that got someone that could make sense.
Admittedly, I don't watch many of these shows. Vonny always looked out of her depth to me, and just goes along with the anti Bronco narrative at times. A while ago Lara Pitt (I think?) was on 360 and she seemed to understand the game well and was making some insightful and valid points regarding concussion; unfortunately Kunt et al. talked over the top of her constantly and I haven't seen her on there since.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Admittedly, I don't watch many of these shows. Vonny always looked out of her depth to me, and just goes along with the anti Bronco narrative at times. A while ago Lara Pitt (I think?) was on 360 and she seemed to understand the game well and was making some insightful and valid points regarding concussion; unfortunately Kunt et al. talked over the top of her constantly and I haven't seen her on there since.
Lara Pitt is fantastic, it’s a crime she isn’t on more shows.

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
I think some of you are being overly harsh on Yvonne.
I spend more time disagreeing with Rothfield and Hooper's opinions than I would hers. At least she doesnt pretend like she knows it all.
She came across as meek because they yelled her down like typical, especially Kent. Some of his opinions are decent, but deadset, the guy shouldve become a lawyer...just bulldozes his way to 'his' truth.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think some of you are being overly harsh on Yvonne.
I spend more time disagreeing with Rothfield and Hooper's opinions than I would hers. At least she doesnt pretend like she knows it all.
She came across as meek because they yelled her down like typical, especially Kent. Some of his opinions are decent, but deadset, the guy shouldve become a lawyer...just bulldozes his way to 'his' truth.
Meek? She was shouting over them. Buzz and Hooper are fucking halfwits and you will see that said here there and everywhere every time they are on, I am not sure how that changes Yvonne not being able to grasp a very simple concept.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.