OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
This quote from the Warriors' boss plays to the notion that Walsh may come this year. The only reports of one of our players going to the Warriors is TMM and he is off contract next year and so not ours to negotiate for next year (unless we have done a deal and not announced it yet) so this makes me think that the Warriors boss is referring to a swap for this year. Who or what else could he be referring to?

It does make sense, they aren't making the finals and may start to look towards next year and want to see TMM play at FB for them plus Walsh doesn't want to be away from his daughter while they go back to play in NZ for the rest of the year so there is still a current welfare issue.
I read it more along the lines of a sweetener for doing the Broncos a favour in releasing Walsh exclusively to us. I think if CNK is released immediately, then we'll get Walsh immediately.

It would make sense to release him to us for the finals, though, if the Warriors don't make them.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I’m all for gender equality, just wish that got someone that could make sense.
Same here: anyone who identifies as a woman should have the right to choose. Provided we can all agree on what a "woman" actually is.

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
I am not sure how that changes Yvonne not being able to grasp a very simple concept.
but that's my point...in my opinion, she can have a different opinion than you but still not be put in the same basket as the other guys. difference of opinion or not 'grasping a simple concept' happens all the time. being a toolbag who thinks they're always right while being disrepectful to others like some of the other journos on the show is next level.

that's my point. , which I am fine if you disagree with :)

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
I read it more along the lines of a sweetener for doing the Broncos a favour in releasing Walsh exclusively to us. I think if CNK is released immediately, then we'll get Walsh immediately.

It would make sense to release him to us for the finals, though, if the Warriors don't make them.
I agree, seems if one domino falls...

Hoshsie

Hoshsie

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2022
If we were to get Walsh in early this season would we have room in the top 30 to have him? Considering Te Marie is on a train and trial

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Sauce thinks TMM going to Warriors and is why contract hasnt been finalised. No solid word from Warriors or BHQ.
Is this from like a brekky meet up or are you just straight texting him. If so keep us updated cause whilst I could have told you that’s the case I reckon he would get in on some of these things quicker than what the journos with pieces to write would.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Any chance of immediate releases?
That would be the only way TMM is inclusive. Otherwise they can just go sign him at their own peril right now and keep Walsh for the rest of the season.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
That would be the only way TMM is inclusive. Otherwise they can just go sign him at their own peril right now and keep Walsh for the rest of the season.
Correct however, there is a chance that the Broncos had already extended TMM and not yet announced it.
In that case a release would be needed for 2023+.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Yeah I think it would hinge on CNK heading to warriors early... but I dont think Ricky fully trusts Savage just yet, so getting rid of CNK early leaves him with Rapana as the only back up.

The loss last weekend pretty much ends Canberra's season though... although Ricky will never admit that until it is well and truly over.

We also dont play the warriors again this year so there's no risk that Walsh comes back and tears them apart

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Correct however, there is a chance that the Broncos had already extended TMM and not yet announced it.
In that case a release would be needed for 2023+.
I’m that case I feel we would be dealing in very bad faith if we are releasing a l bloke who just re-signed with us. Unless his position on the matter has changed as a result of evidently losing the FB position.

MagicMan87

MagicMan87

BRL Player
Aug 21, 2018
If we were to get Walsh in early this season would we have room in the top 30 to have him? Considering Te Marie is on a train and trial
Yep we would, we still haven’t filled our 30th squad spot and if Turpin does find a club in the next couple of weeks we will only have 27 in our top 30.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Anyone got a clue as to how long before we have official conformation from the club?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This quote from the Warriors' boss plays to the notion that Walsh may come this year. The only reports of one of our players going to the Warriors is TMM and he is off contract next year and so not ours to negotiate for next year (unless we have done a deal and not announced it yet) so this makes me think that the Warriors boss is referring to a swap for this year. Who or what else could he be referring to?

It does make sense, they aren't making the finals and may start to look towards next year and want to see TMM play at FB for them plus Walsh doesn't want to be away from his daughter while they go back to play in NZ for the rest of the year so there is still a current welfare issue.
They’ve lost Lodge too so are probably keen to get a prop.

If it was to occur this year I could see Arthurs, TMM transferring early - my other guess would be Palasia. Though much like TMM it would only benefit them if it happens this season.

Potential early releases (this season)::
- Palasia
- Turpin
- TMM

Potential future early release:
- Arthur’s
- Niu
- Periera
- Riki
- Robati

Could even see Piakura offered if we are seriously considering Dave returning.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Is this from like a brekky meet up or are you just straight texting him. If so keep us updated cause whilst I could have told you that’s the case I reckon he would get in on some of these things quicker than what the journos with pieces to write would.
Text.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Behold
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • broncotville
  • broncsgoat
  • Howie
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.