OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Not mad about the signing, unfortunately it likely means the end of Herbie unless he accepts his spot on the left edge, and would prefer to be a centre for a strong club, or a fullback for someone like the Tigers or Titans.

When he’s not wanted, then he’ll need to change. At the moment he’s just a very young, very talented, much-hyped and pressurised man-child, with a child. It seems unfair to throw stones.

Not sure you can fault his attitude. He's one of the only players on that Warriors team that never stops trying.

On the field maybe, but the second the going is starting to get tough off the field, he's quitting. You know what the deal is if you sign for a club based in NZ. Dont want to go there to live, dont sign.

I will be extremely happy if this happens. You'd be hard pressed to find a player in the spine at his age with his talent. Ponga was probably the last fullback to look as good as Walsh at the same age.

Right now the Knights look a 10x better team without Ponga than with him....

The fact that Paul Kent didn’t shut anything down tells me it’s as good as done.
He is in constant contact with King Ikin and I’m sure Benny would have told him it’s a big fat no if there was no truth to it.
I’ll still be shocked if the dolphins don’t go all in for him.
This right here. Kent is essentially the clubs mouthpiece via Ikin. If this was not on Ikin would have told him to hose it down.

If this comes through I stand by my previous statements of not wanting him back as I think his attitude sucks. More than happy for him to prove me wrong though.

No. He got released cause CNK signed at the Warriors. He has been released for the end of they year. Seems they don’t give a **** where he goes. We are negotiating directly at the minute not to the warriors. I’m saying that when reading the courier mail they it didn’t sound so convincing that he couldn’t be taken from beneath us by the Dolphins or somebody.

Surely the dolphins are going to go hard for him

Michael Carayannis / Brent Read in the Courier Mail saying that he requested a release today and was ONLY given permission to negotiate with us. (maybe we earned some goodwill "loaning" them Arthars

Jesse Arthurs

can't be a swap for Athars as he was already on our books for next year anyway

Scoring a try doesnt make you a good center. And he plays a fair bit on the wing anyway.
I think he’s played one game on the wing and that was when he was coming back from injury. Mam was in his position at his age in cup last year and he’s lived up to NRL level. Mariner gets another pre season under his belt next year and he might not start the year at centre but he’ll probably find his way there at some point.

TMM to 6? Ezra 14?

Look, I love what TMM has brought to the side this year, we were competing for a top 4 spot for a good while and he has played no small part in it.....But you can't drag Mam now. Not as he's just beginning to adapt to first grade.

You bench Mam now, you will lose him to another club faster than you can squeeze a fart out.

this would be my backline next year if everything goes as planned

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Farnworth
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

what a fucken backline
I haven`t seen much of Mariner , I know he is a very fast runner .
Is he that good he can push Herbert to the wing ? I would have thought give him the Cobbo treatment play wing for a year then see ?

Michael Carayannis / Brent Read in the Courier Mail saying that he requested a release today and was ONLY given permission to negotiate with us. (maybe we earned some goodwill "loaning" them Arthars

can't be a swap for Athars as he was already on our books for next year anyway
Maybe they view Redcliffe as a bigger competitor through the next few years. It’s tactically smart. Cause I can’t see the Warriors getting towards this end of the table which we should be staying towards if we stay fit. Obviously they must as well. Combine that with a bit of Goodwill for some of the releases we have given them over time. Lodge, Kodi, Reece and Jesse’s Loan.

Maybe they view Redcliffe as a bigger competitor through the next few years. It’s tactically smart. Cause I can’t see the Warriors getting towards this end of the table which we should be staying towards if we stay fit. Obviously they must as well. Combine that with a bit of Goodwill for some of the releases we have given them over time. Lodge, Kodi, Reece and Jesse’s Loan.
I wonder if that was part of the release that we gave him that if he doesn’t see out that contract we have first dibs?

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.