OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

I haven`t seen much of Mariner , I know he is a very fast runner .
Is he that good he can push Herbert to the wing ? I would have thought give him the Cobbo treatment play wing for a year then see ?
Fair enough, as you can tell I rate him very highly ahah sort of reminds me of RTS

his highlights

If true and Walsh does come
Selwyn can stay on the wing and be the Yow Yeh/Wendell type winger.
I hope Herbie Stays and wants to be a premiership winning centre.
Oates keeps his spot for at least next season and see how he goes.
Gives us time to develop Mariner properly and grow into his body. He's a guy you can bring in when one of the back 5 go down to ease him in. I know there is massive wraps on him but it's not a sure thing he will be a gun at NRL level.

man, not totally sold out.
Like others, still think it would be a massive big di$# move by Bennett to close on Walsh and throw the media a curveball.
Would rather Walsh's speed and swerve than Ponga's step. But would rather Cobbo's tackle break and power than Walsh. :)
Im not anti-dolphins like a lot on here, so would love for them to get a big name also.

turntables GIF

Is he that good he can push Herbert to the wing ? I would have thought give him the Cobbo treatment play wing for a year then see ?
Mariner is quick and will be good but he won’t start next year at this rate. Look we can definitely live if Oates leaves but I would be opting for Corey for the next year at least and I see Herbie probably leaving after the Fullback spots just dried up.

I wonder if that was part of the release that we gave him that if he doesn’t see out that contract we have first dibs?
Look it’s possible but I don’t think at the time the Warriors would be admitting that’s a possibility.

2 possibilities that remain. 1 is that it’s bullshit. 2, Redcliffe tried to pressure them to much that they decided not to allow him to go there which is well within their rights.

I think he’s played one game on the wing and that was when he was coming back from injury. Mam was in his position at his age in cup last year and he’s lived up to NRL level. Mariner gets another pre season under his belt next year and he might not start the year at centre but he’ll probably find his way there at some point.

He's simply not ready. Its just ridiculous, and we have had it before on here, that people just want to throw the next big thing into the side because they are the new shiny thing. Its what we did under Seibold, should tell you everything you need to know about a strategy like that.

If we are being honest as well, Ezra isnt ready either. He has his moments, does some decent stuff, puts on a big hit or 2 then also does some really dumb things like that chip kick on tackle one in our last game. If Gamble doesnt get injured, he doesnt get his chance. What needs to happen with somebody like Mam is they need to take what they learn from any exposure to NRL footy back to ISC and start to dominate at that level.

He's not going to move Herbie, he's just nowhere near his level, and if Oates stays he's locked out there as well. I never get the fascination people have with throwing these kids into the NRL so quickly. Its so detrimental to their development.

I just looked on google and couldnt find it, but I remember watching footage post-origin this year and Walsh was in the rooms standing behind Patty with his hands on his shoulders...just stood out as a real comfortable 'good mates' thing. I remember thinking, 'these are the moments that players realise its about more than just $'. The sort of moment that guys like Walsh and Fifita probably/possibly have regrets.

He's simply not ready. Its just ridiculous, and we have had it before on here, that people just want to throw the next big thing into the side because they are the new shiny thing. Its what we did under Seibold, should tell you everything you need to know about a strategy like that.

If we are being honest as well, Ezra isnt ready either. He has his moments, does some decent stuff, puts on a big hit or 2 then also does some really dumb things like that chip kick on tackle one in our last game. If Gamble doesnt get injured, he doesnt get his chance. What needs to happen with somebody like Mam is they need to take what they learn from any exposure to NRL footy back to ISC and start to dominate at that level.
I’m sorry mate but you are simply tripping if you haven’t been impressed enough with Mam to say he should still be in QCup.

and yes I agree with the Seibold throwing all the inexperience in AT ONCE was stupid….

But these are different circumstances most of the squad has had a couple of years in the NRL by now, we have Reynolds as captain and Mariner isn’t playing in some key spine position, he is a centre.

TBH I just don't care for Walsh that much. $ for $ I think we get better value out of Herbie.

The Dolphins may not be able to have a crack fair dinkum or otherwise.

They’ll be absolutely getting into the ear of his management, probably right now as we speak.

Missing out on Walsh would be the first real blow dealt from the Broncos towards the Dolphins

Here’s a question for you guys, if signing Walsh meant you either had to pick Oates or Staggs, who do you pick?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.