OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Staggs 28, Cobbo 28, Walsh 25, and Oates 20 are all in the top 10 for errors this season.
That’s never great but find me a group of 4 players with the same amount of try involvements in one team. Would be hard to find. Some shit they call errors is baffling though. Whilst I think our side needs to focus a lot on discipline next year so they can match it with the best sides I am not so worried about that stat line cause quite honestly apart from Cobbo who did a fair chunk of them early and in the Storm game I am not to worried.

Ramsay one he was way out of position TMM and Walsh would of been there, Suli would of been hard to stop but he gave himself no chance with how he positioned his body, Feagai was terrible a one on one tackle if it wasn't for Palasia back in cover it would of been a try.
The efforts on the grubbers into the ingoal were pretty casual aswell, he got lucky with the bounce of the ball on one occasion.
Dragons were very poor with their halves and last play options, better teams would of exploited that.

His attack was great yesterday minus a few things but as we've seen with TMM being a big attacking threat isn't everything especially against the top tier teams.
the hole right eadge missed Ramsay and just beat Niu for pace , which coming off a hamstring surgery isn't really that bad.
Tmm wouldn't have got close and how the **** can you say that walsh would have?
your just making shit up .

I'm with you BUT the obvious caveat is, will he unlock that potential or will he go the way of Isaako and just never actually get there? I really like Niu and there is something about him that makes me worry whether getting Walsh back might also end up being a shame. I honestly don't know though. This signing has me torn so much. Walsh is obviously a massively promising kid with huge upside...but you know what, so is Tesi.
He’s already shown in a handful of games way more skill than Isaako has in his plenty. Niu just can’t stay on the park long enough to build on performances. He returns from injury and just as he’s building a solid run of form he gets injured. It’s disappointing because if he can put it all together he could be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the game.

He’s already shown in a handful of games way more skill than Isaako has in his plenty. Niu just can’t stay on the park long enough to build on performances. He returns from injury and just as he’s building a solid run of form he gets injured. It’s disappointing because if he can put it all together he could be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the game.
exactly, and what 20 year old dosen't have deficiencies.
I'm a huge walsh fan but to just punt Niu would be just stupid , and to say he's not first grade standard is just plain dumb.

Unless Payne was to go..
The thing with Selwyn is does he himself want to play fullback or is it just a push from the media?
When asked in interviews what's his best position? Where do you want to play? He's always said anywhere in the back 5..
The only noise about him being the future fullback has only been speculation because really we don't/didn't have anyone else..
I'd be happy for Selwyn to become a Yow Yeh/Sailor type winger with a roving license like when Turbo plays for NSW.
Has anyone read the CM article saying that Cobbo wants to be a FB? Was there a quote from him? If so, can someone please post it?

Listening to Ikin on Deadset Legends on Saturday he spoke to Herbie and Cobbo wanting to play FB being about money. He said that Walsh will likely play FB next year but I was hoping to hear him talk about a plan for all of them or alleviate my concerns that we won't lose Cobbo if he wants to play FB (I think Cobbo will be one of those once-in-a-lifetime players). However, I am a big fan of Ikin and his intelligence so I have faith they have a plan.

in response to all this talk about it being unfair that the Dolphins couldn't table an offer to Walsh, Tallis has questioned if Walsh event wanted to go there.

Dobbin has said that the Dolphins offer was double ours

Tallis says:

“But who said Reece Walsh wants to go to the Dolphins?”

Dobbo says:

“He was offered double the amount of money to go to the Dolphins,” Dobbin said.

“The Dolphins had an offer on the table that was $700,000 and the Broncos had $350,000.”

some other quotes re: Walsh from the same Fox Sports article, James Graham says:

“I like it in that they have said if you need to be in Brisbane you can’t go and negotiate with a Sydney club, but I think they are using Reece Walsh to get one over the Dolphins and I don’t think that is fair,” Graham said on Triple M.

“Why should Reece Walsh be used in that game. That’s not fair on a young footballer.”

Dobbo Again:

“The elephant in the room is Peter O’Sullivan because he was the recruitment manager there,” Dobbin said.

“His son is Sean O’Sullivan and his son-in-law is Matt Lodge. All three aren’t at the Warriors.

“There has obviously been some bad blood there and the falling out from there has been that.”

It has been discussed in various places on here but what about Niu progressing into the 14 role with Paix starting at 9? Billy has done nothing to deserve being moved on from but Tesi could be an absolute weapon off the bench...if he learns how to tackle.

in response to all this talk about it being unfair that the Dolphins couldn't table an offer to Walsh, Tallis has questioned if Walsh event wanted to go there.

Dobbin has said that the Dolphins offer was double ours

Tallis says:

“But who said Reece Walsh wants to go to the Dolphins?”

Dobbo says:

“He was offered double the amount of money to go to the Dolphins,” Dobbin said.

“The Dolphins had an offer on the table that was $700,000 and the Broncos had $350,000.”

some other quotes re: Walsh from the same Fox Sports article, James Graham says:

“I like it in that they have said if you need to be in Brisbane you can’t go and negotiate with a Sydney club, but I think they are using Reece Walsh to get one over the Dolphins and I don’t think that is fair,” Graham said on Triple M.

“Why should Reece Walsh be used in that game. That’s not fair on a young footballer.”

Dobbo Again:

“The elephant in the room is Peter O’Sullivan because he was the recruitment manager there,” Dobbin said.

“His son is Sean O’Sullivan and his son-in-law is Matt Lodge. All three aren’t at the Warriors.

“There has obviously been some bad blood there and the falling out from there has been that.”
So they tabled an offer or not?

the hole right eadge missed Ramsay and just beat Niu for pace , which coming off a hamstring surgery isn't really that bad.
Tmm wouldn't have got close and how the **** can you say that walsh would have?
your just making shit up .
The try is on the right edge it's not Nui's fault but he was nearly centre field when Ramsay hit open space, he should be tracking the play abit better specially when he can see shape out the back and knows the plays going that way.
Whether it's a fitness issue with the dodgey hammy or not he's done it in the past and what he needs to work on.
Both TMM and Walsh are alot better in this effort area.

Respectfully to both of you, he just doesn't have the football IQ. Its not natural to him. Hes a rocks and diamonds football brain.

You wont ever be able to rely on him to make a critical tackle or choose the right play cleaning up a ball on our line. His instinct in defense is reserve grade standard.
He's only 19. He may develop it. You may be right that he never does but I am not going to call it at 19

That’s never great but find me a group of 4 players with the same amount of try involvements in one team. Would be hard to find. Some shit they call errors is baffling though. Whilst I think our side needs to focus a lot on discipline next year so they can match it with the best sides I am not so worried about that stat line cause quite honestly apart from Cobbo who did a fair chunk of them early and in the Storm game I am not to worried.
From what I have seen I think the Oates and Staggs ones are less excusable. I would like to see the types of errors and when they occur to get the full context.

Has anyone read the CM article saying that Cobbo wants to be a FB? Was there a quote from him? If so, can someone please post it?

Listening to Ikin on Deadset Legends on Saturday he spoke to Herbie and Cobbo wanting to play FB being about money. He said that Walsh will likely play FB next year but I was hoping to hear him talk about a plan for all of them or alleviate my concerns that we won't lose Cobbo if he wants to play FB (I think Cobbo will be one of those once-in-a-lifetime players). However, I am a big fan of Ikin and his intelligence so I have faith they have a plan.
I haven't seen anything from Cobbo saying he wants to play fullback yet, might be something out there but I haven't seen it.

Herbie resigned end May and Cobbo after that, Walsh asked for a release wanting to go to the Broncos 6-8 weeks ago or more and was probably in talks for a while, so there's a chance Herbie and Cobbo both knew Walsh was coming before signing on wanting to be Fullback.

The try is on the right edge it's not Nui's fault but he was nearly centre field when Ramsay hit open space, he should be tracking the play abit better specially when he can see shape out the back and knows the plays going that way.
Whether it's a fitness issue with the dodgey hammy or not he's done it in the past and what he needs to work on.
Both TMM and Walsh are alot better in this effort area.
i understand your point but as the commentary suggests, dragons hide Ramsay well and he's very quick.
like I've mentioned he has deficiencies and walsh isn't up to scratch with his positioning either, TMM definitely reads the game better but very much doubt he would've stopped him.

He's only 19. He may develop it. You may be right that he never does but I am not going to call it at 19
Hes actually 21 soon and had 3 seasons since debut. Played equivalent of 1 season in top grade, 29 appearances.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.