OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
this is the same fifita that got himself locked up in bali right?

Might still feel he owes us, especially after the nightmare his Titans' stint has kind of turned into.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
the point is that its not outside the realm of possibility that he was bad for culture
Sure, but it's also possible he's just a dumbass and did a stupid thing on holiday, and was duly punished for it.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Might still feel he owes us, especially after the nightmare his Titans' stint has kind of turned into.
I doubt it. Anyone can bribe corrupt Balinese without the help of the broncos. Club went over there for a photo op if nothing else, oh and to show Dave they care about his well-being.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm taking Walsh over Tesi every day of the week. He was great in attack against the Dragons, but his defence was still ordinary in a game he wasnt really tested. We have better options than Tesi and we should concentrate on them. You cant keep every player and he would be better off leaving and trying to fix up his organisational skills and his defence elsewhere. If he is happy doing that in Qcup for us on a low wage thats fine, but i dont see him offering more than Walsh as a 1. I doubt we signed Walsh for have him sitting behind Niu.

The one thing he currently has in his favour he has the shirt for now. If he can look as good against sides that will test us more than the Dragons or the Titans will, he could easily get himself a decent contract elsewhere. Its pretty clear we are all in on Walsh, not Tesi so a move is going to be better for his career.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Not sure why there is so much talk around Fifita coming back.
I can only see him going to the Dolphins if/when he leaves the tits. We don't have even half the cash he is currently on and uncle Wayne needs to sign someone so I am sure he'd be around the 800k mark.
Again, he'll be promised the world and feel warm and fuzzy.
The only world I can see Fifi back is if the tits were happy to trade him for Riki, but we know that's not going to happen.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Not sure why there is so much talk around Fifita coming back.
I can only see him going to the Dolphins if/when he leave the tits. We don't have even half the cash he is currently on and uncle Wayne needs to sign someone so I am sure he'd be around the 800k mark.
Again, he'll be promised the world and feel warm and fuzzy.
The only world I can see Fifi back is if the tits were happy to trade him for Riki, but we know that's not going to happen.

Dispose of Haas. Sign Fifita. Simple.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Dispose of Haas. Sign Fifita. Simple.
Won't happen. The club will prioritise Payne over Fifi. And before everyone says he wants out, he is still under contract and x100 more reliable then Fifita

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Won't happen. The club will prioritise Payne over Fifi. And before everyone says he wants out, he is still under contract and x100 more reliable then Fifita

It could all come down to money. If Haas doesn't want close to a million a year, see ya buddy. If Fifita comes back, I imagine it would be on a hefty cut on his current salary, I'm guessing we would go no higher than 600k which the Titans may not be willing to do anyway, so it could all be a moot point.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
The multiple breaches haircut? Yeah, sure thing...
wasnt fififa also in trouble at the titans for making his way into some dudes house to see his daughter only for it to be forgotten about after a 10k security system was 'donated' by the tits?
that would be multiple things.
really is pie in the sky stuff he wont be back here.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

If he is still going to carry on like a pork chop like he did he's on his way out. We dont need the drama he and his management are going to cause. On top of that, he's simply not worth the money. He's not worth double what we pay Carrigan, not even close, and i'd argue Pat is now more important to us that Payne is. I'd go so far as to only offer him $750k a year and i think thats generous. As good a player as Payne can be, he's made nowhere near the impact and has nowhere near the influence Arey does. I'd prefer to spend the money on a 9 now if we can find one who can have the same kind of impact Arey has.

We lose in that trade. Highly consistent over paid prop for an inconsistent over paid backrower.

We do if we spend everything on Fifita. IF we can get a good deal, we can have a better balanced side and a better balanced cap.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
the point is that its not outside the realm of possibility that he was bad for culture
He was basically blackmailed by the Bali police wasnt he??

Got put in prison, but then released after giving them a payout.

To me they basically found out that he was a gun athlete on good coin and they wanted a payday

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
If he is still going to carry on like a pork chop like he did he's on his way out. We dont need the drama he and his management are going to cause. On top of that, he's simply not worth the money. He's not worth double what we pay Carrigan, not even close, and i'd argue Pat is now more important to us that Payne is. I'd go so far as to only offer him $750k a year and i think thats generous. As good a player as Payne can be, he's made nowhere near the impact and has nowhere near the influence Arey does. I'd prefer to spend the money on a 9 now if we can find one who can have the same kind of impact Arey has.

So you are happy for us to give the money we have set aside in the cap for Payne straight to Fifita?
A bloke who walked out on the club for money, noting we bailed him out of a third world country.
Payne since his spat a couple of weeks back hasn't caused any more noise/headaches (as far as I am aware). On field nothing has changed with him.
We are all very quick to forget that Payne carried this team for the past 3 seasons.
We know what we get from him, sure he has carried on/had his issues and Im not dismissing any of that.
Fifi can't even get himself back into the origin squad.

For <600k I'd happily welcome Fifita back as there probably isn't too much to lose but if we are talking a straight swap or same money as Payne, its a no.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
He was basically blackmailed by the Bali police wasnt he??

Got put in prison, but then released after giving them a payout.

To me they basically found out that he was a gun athlete on good coin and they wanted a payday
think its all on a shitty video somewhere lol

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Howie
  • winslow_wong
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • Seibs
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.