OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Hes actually 21 soon and had 3 seasons since debut. Played equivalent of 1 season in top grade, 29 appearances.

Centre or FB ?
Played how many at FB ? Context is a wonderful thing .

The only thing I don't understand is where this best athlete ever thing is coming from @Big Del

are you being legit here or...

It`s an Anthony Seibold quote .
He said Tesi Niu is the best athlete he had ever seen . That`s some statement considering Seibs would have seen an athlete or two in his days .
gotcha. thanks brother!

You know what, whether this signing is good or bad will come out over the next few years BUT one thing is does do is it stops the Warriors trying to steal any of our kids again for a long time. It also shows other teams that like Hodges before him, if you take one of our star kids, you better be prepared that you may not be keeping them very long. This will be rammed home if Fifita comes back too which remains to be seen. That is a massive disincentive to a number of clubs in the competition, especially the perennially poor performing ones that have nothing other than money to offer.

I haven't seen anything from Cobbo saying he wants to play fullback yet, might be something out there but I haven't seen it.
He said it in an interview just before they announced the Walsh signing. I didn't see the interview - only read it - so it might have been an answer to a hypothetical question rather than an ambition.

You know what, whether this signing is good or bad will come out over the next few years BUT one thing is does do is it stops the Warriors trying to steal any of our kids again for a long time. It also shows other teams that like Hodges before him, if you take one of our star kids, you better be prepared that you may not be keeping them very long. This will be rammed home if Fifita comes back too which remains to be seen. That is a massive disincentive to a number of clubs in the competition, especially the perennially poor performing ones that have nothing other than money to offer.
This talk of Fifita coming back, while baseless, is a bit unsettling. Add mine to the list of names who'd rather he not return. There seems to be such a good atmosphere around the sheds right now, I'm loathe to revisit vestiges of the old one.

This talk of Fifita coming back, while baseless, is a bit unsettling. Add mine to the list of names who'd rather he not return. There seems to be such a good atmosphere around the sheds right now, I'm loathe to revisit vestiges of the old one.
Was Fifita a poor impact to culture though? He may have been, serious question, i don't recall him being an issue in the sheds?

For my point of view, Fifita never wanted to leave, he rejected the Titans at least twice that was reported and God knows how many other times through his agent. It wasn't until they just kept upping their offer to crazy numbers as well as the pressure of Meninga and Tallis constantly telling him to sign up with all the promises in the world that made him buckle. Hell, i even remember the Matty Johns show at the time all telling him to take the money and sign. Who did we have on our side of the fence convincing him to stay?...Anthony fucking Seibold and Paul fucking White.

Plenty of views lately to give Walsh a 2nd chance as he is only a kid and give Tesi more time as he is only a kid but Fifita was also a kid picking between 700k from Seibold/White vs. $1.1M from Tallis/Meninga/Media.

I haven't seen Fifita look happy once at the Titans...even when he scores he looks embarrassed, especially compared to say that try he scored for us against the Cows...i'd love to give him another chance at the Broncos at the right price of course.

Not even close for me. Kotoni every time.
The real contest is Herbie vs Tesi. And that will be literal as they'll both come off contract next year.
I disagree with you here. If Staggs was as consistent as Herbie, absolutely, but he's not, he is more like like Fifi, amazing one game, quiet the next 3. For someone on 6 or 700k, you want them consistent. Herbie would be on no where near that, way more value for money.

Was Fifita a poor impact to culture though? He may have been, serious question, i don't recall him being an issue in the sheds?

For my point of view, Fifita never wanted to leave, he rejected the Titans at least twice that was reported and God knows how many other times through his agent. It wasn't until they just kept upping their offer to crazy numbers as well as the pressure of Meninga and Tallis constantly telling him to sign up with all the promises in the world that made him buckle. Hell, i even remember the Matty Johns show at the time all telling him to take the money and sign. Who did we have on our side of the fence convincing him to stay?...Anthony fucking Seibold and Paul fucking White.

Plenty of views lately to give Walsh a 2nd chance as he is only a kid and give Tesi more time as he is only a kid but Fifita was also a kid picking between 700k from Seibold/White vs. $1.1M from Tallis/Meninga/Media.

I haven't seen Fifita look happy once at the Titans...even when he scores he looks embarrassed, especially compared to say that try he scored for us against the Cows...i'd love to give him another chance at the Broncos at the right price of course.
Agree 100% I feel Fifita gets lumped in with the rest of the bad apples simply because he left when we were a basket case, but so what? He fulfilled his contract, didn't bad mouth the club (to my knowledge), and basically got drowned in an unheard of amount of cash for a guy his age and all the promises under the sun from all and sundry. He performed well when he was at the club. He's still actually performed ok at the Titans if you look at his stats, I just think people expect him to be running 200m a game and scoring a brace because he's on 1.2mill. He's had a injury disrupted season and he's probably also mentally struggling with being in another rubbish team (yes, his choice, but they weren't running 15th when they signed him).

Anyway, it's all moot because if he did return, all the idiots carrying on about never supporting him or whatever else would be the first ones lining up to you-know-what once he put in his first good performance, which would probably be week 1.

Agree 100% I feel Fifita gets lumped in with the rest of the bad apples simply because he left when we were a basket case, but so what? He fulfilled his contract, didn't bad mouth the club (to my knowledge), and basically got drowned in an unheard of amount of cash for a guy his age and all the promises under the sun from all and sundry. He performed well when he was at the club. He's still actually performed ok at the Titans if you look at his stats, I just think people expect him to be running 200m a game and scoring a brace because he's on 1.2mill. He's had a injury disrupted season and he's probably also mentally struggling with being in another rubbish team (yes, his choice, but they weren't running 15th when they signed him).

Anyway, it's all moot because if he did return, all the idiots carrying on about never supporting him or whatever else would be the first ones lining up to you-know-what once he put in his first good performance, which would probably be week 1.

😍.......

Yeah thought it was odd David Fifita was being spoken about in terms of contributing to a poor club culture. I don't recall that at all.

this is the same fifita that got himself locked up in bali right?

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.