OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

it's being reported that the Storm are pushing very hard to get Walsh for the remainder of the season. but the Warriors won't budge and come to the negotiating table. They say because of the reason for Walsh's release request.

the other player they're trying hard to get is Adam Doueihi from the Tigpies ... probably the only team in the comp that "might" owe the Storm a favour.

Michelle Bishop told SEN 1170

“I can reveal that this is a massive push from the Melbourne Storm so they’re not whispers, it’s actually happening,” she said on SEN 1170.

“They’re pushing hard. They want the Warriors obviously to release Reese Walsh early. He’s obviously signed with the Brisbane Broncos for the next three seasons, starting next year, but he would be the perfect candidate to fill the void left by Ryan Papenhuyzen who, of course, has had absolutely no luck with injuries.

“This will also take a bit of pressure off them to allow the Melbourne Storm to leave Nick Meaney there, who is a capable replacement, but leave him and freeing him up on the wing.”

Bishop though added the Warriors will not “budge” and come to the negotiating table.

“That’s despite still benching Reece Walsh for Chanel Harris-Tavita, who is not going to be at the club next year either,” she said.

“But they don’t see it as a good fit. They said that Reece wanted to be back home in Brisbane to be close to his family... but shifting from New Zealand via Melbourne to Brisbane is just not a good look.

“I can’t see the Warriors relenting with seven weeks to go. But as I say, the Melbourne Storm are pushing hard behind the scenes for it to happen.”
Warriors aren’t budging. because it seems obvious that he is coming the the broncos as soon as TMM is fit

I don’t trust the Storm at all and don’t want them touching Walsh. There's no long term benefit for Bellamy and I wouldn't put it past him to either try poach him or somehow ruin his growth as a player just to spite us. Especially when we are looking at passing them.

The Warriors and every other club should laugh in their faces. **** the Storm. Warriors are still a mathematical chance at finals footy too, so if they were to send Walsh the Storm should send someone to the Warriors too. Of course they'll just expect others to help without offering anything themselves.

If it wasn't the storm I'd say let him go learn under slater, who obviously coaches fullbacks incredibly well, but bcos it's the storm GET FUCKED.
1st off, they are a grubby organisation that has tried to screw over nearly every other nrl club at some point on and/or off the field.
Secondly, we are competing with them for a top 4 spot!

And lastly, I guarantee if the whispers about him coming to us get louder I guarantee there will be questions asked in the media about how we can afford to do it whereas no one is asking it about the storm? We came 14th last year and have been in the top 4 for the past 15 years and have a history of cheating the cap bigger than anyone else with a sports betting company owner as their owner ffs lol...

Who cares about Slater coaching Walsh? The broncos have a few decent full backs around the place that can coach him lmao.

**** helping the storm. The warriors refusing to entertain the request is heart warming.

**** the Storm. How about relying on your depth......

that's the thing isn't it ...

The Storm never help anyone but themselves, so there is no good will in the bank when they need some help from other clubs.

I have no doubt that one of the big reasons the Warriors allowed Walsh to negotiate with us but not the Dolphins is because we'd have plenty of good will in the bank with them. we loaned them Arthars and also initially released Walsh so he could join them ahead of schedule. now that good will is being returned

Who cares about Slater coaching Walsh? The broncos have a few decent full backs around the place that can coach him lmao.

**** helping the storm. The warriors refusing to entertain the request is heart warming.
Same goes to Hook and St George for not releasing Sims to them early.

What a hypocritical, two faced bunch of ***** the Storm are. Any of their players/management staff are made to adhere to the letter of the law of the contract, but this obviously does not apply to them. Assholes placing pressure on other clubs to release players to them. **** them.

What's in each option for the Warriors?

Keep him until October- he's yours play him/ win some games.
Release him to Brisbane- Clear up $100k next year's cap.

Do Brisbane have $100k and a spot for this year in their 30?

If Brisbane don't have the space or the desire then release him to another club for seven games- who has the 100k?

No matter where you release him it clears up the same space for the Warriors so I don't see why the Warriors would care where he goes once they decide he can go.

Just keep him for seven weeks.

If Brisbane don't have the space or the desire then release him to another club for seven games- who has the 100k?

No matter where you release him it clears up the same space for the Warriors so I don't see why the Warriors would care where he goes once they decide he can go.

Well, the difference is we don’t know who, if anyone, the broncos have agreed to swap for Walsh. If the Warriors went them early then they’d get 100k and their player(s) 6 months early.

Arthurs, TMM, who knows who else.

The question is also do we want Walsh early.

that's the thing isn't it ...

The Storm never help anyone but themselves, so there is no good will in the bank when they need some help from other clubs.

I have no doubt that one of the big reasons the Warriors allowed Walsh to negotiate with us but not the Dolphins is because we'd have plenty of good will in the bank with them. we loaned them Arthars and also initially released Walsh so he could join them ahead of schedule. now that good will is being returned
I feel like, as an organisation, some of the gloss is wearing off at Melbourne since DD left. Their recent attempts to get sims and Walsh just seem desperate, entitled, and aggressive.

The broncos would have to be fucking nuts not to get him early if the warriors gave us the choice between taking him now or giving him to the storm. Melbourne are direct competitors for the top 4 and Walsh is better than what we’ve got atm.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.