OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Surely the Broncos are having a yarn with our mates across the ditch about swapping Walsh and TMM immediately, if they aren't happy with how Walsh is going..
And yes, I'd be sad to see TMM go. He deserves to be in the finals with this squad, he is a big reason we are where we are..

I don't want Walsh anywhere near that filthy Melbourne team that are below us on the ladder. I wouldn't put it past Bellamy to feed him to the wolves, just to try and get one over us.
As others have said, use your depth players, Melbourne.
Brilliant to see no other NRL team is wanting to help them out however, they still seem to be the media darling team, along with penriff.

I think it would be satisfying overtaking the Storm with them indirectly helping us by giving Walsh a few months of Billy Slater guiding him.

What's in each option for the Warriors?

Keep him until October- he's yours play him/ win some games.
Release him to Brisbane- Clear up $100k next year's cap.

Do Brisbane have $100k and a spot for this year in their 30?

If Brisbane don't have the space or the desire then release him to another club for seven games- who has the 100k?

No matter where you release him it clears up the same space for the Warriors so I don't see why the Warriors would care where he goes once they decide he can go.

Just keep him for seven weeks.

Warriors made a point of saying we don`t want a soap opera about where you go .

I`d be very surprised if he went anywhere other than Red Hill this season .

Plus the Warriors seem to value family and would not want to send him packing to Melbourne.

Also just on us and NZ warriors, I love how the clubs relationship and our forums reflect. There is a competitive respect and the matches have always been quality and I enjoy their fans. I remember sitting at Suncorp next to the biggest human I have ever met and he was the nicest bloke, gave me a high five when we scored. This was back in 2014-2015 from memory.

Warriors made a point of saying we don`t want a soap opera about where you go .

I`d be very surprised if he went anywhere other than Red Hill this season .

That was to do with his future. Now he’s leaving do they care as much about seven weeks?

Also just on us and NZ warriors, I love how the clubs relationship and our forums reflect. There is a competitive respect and the matches have always been quality and I enjoy their fans. I remember sitting at Suncorp next to the biggest human I have ever met and he was the nicest bloke, gave me a high five when we scored. This was back in 2014-2015 from memory.
Mid-2000’s I went to a Warriors game at Suncorp. Two Warriors fans were sitting in front of us wearing Warriors jerseys. When the Broncos got a lead and the game was locked up they both took off their jerseys revealing Broncos jerseys underneath. It was pretty funny and I remember it to this day.

That was to do with his future. Now he’s leaving do they care as much about seven weeks?

If they want to keep their relationship with Brisbane -yes .
Brisbane or no where the Warriors boss said .Look like hypocrites if they change now .

If they want to keep their relationship with Brisbane -yes .
Brisbane or no where the Warriors boss said .Look like hypocrites if they change now .

Again that was in relation to his long term release. He’s away from SEQ at the moment anyway. If the Warriors want the space and Walsh wants to go to Townsville for seven weeks. Then Warriors would be stupid not to do what’s best for them and their cap.

Of course the easiest solution is Broncos take him early but if it’s not possible and they want him off the books then I wouldn’t care where he goes given it’s not for long.

David Mead retired this week ?
Is that from old age or salary cap juggling ?

Again that was in relation to his long term release. He’s away from SEQ at the moment anyway. If the Warriors want the space and Walsh wants to go to Townsville for seven weeks. Then Warriors would be stupid not to do what’s best for them and their cap.

Of course the easiest solution is Broncos take him early but if it’s not possible and they want him off the books then I wouldn’t care where he goes given it’s not for long.
Warriors have already come out and said he’s not going to Melbourne this year.

If he is only owed 100k more for the season, we can definitely afford him, after Mead’s retirement, we have two spots free right? So bring in Walsh and upgrade day Mozer or Willison and there you have it. We didn’t replace Isaako’s money remember.

He will be with us before the deadline.

As much as I’d love to see him at the Broncos today I’d like to see him stay. They’ve done the right thing for him next year. Warriors deserve something. It’d show a bit of growth from Walsh to say I’ll see it out.

As much as I’d love to see him at the Broncos today I’d like to see him stay. They’ve done the right thing for him next year. Warriors deserve something. It’d show a bit of growth from Walsh to say I’ll see it out.
What do the Warriors get from keeping him on book and on the bench? Warriors would get the most out of releasing him.

I think if we have the 100K then get him over here now. I notice nothing was said about the Roosters being able to afford Lodge this far out from season end too.

It's like the media have been totally desensitised to the Rorters rorts.

I think if we have the 100K then get him over here now. I notice nothing was said about the Roosters being able to afford Lodge this far out from season end too.

It's like the media have been totally desensitised to the Rorters rorts.
And the Cowboys just signed Leilua without releasing anyone when it was all over the media that they couldn't afford him without losing anyone. Get it done, Broncos!

We should have the money the only thing that would stop it that I see would be Warriors.

Active Now

• Santa
  • jarro65
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Dexter
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.