OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

He might well be....

then again, Walsh ....might well be.... the next genuine superstar this team has.

Bit hard to judge or guess who will be the better, when one hasn't had time in the team.

admittedly I don't have a great catalogue of data to reference....but I don't recall having the feeling of impending doom when watching Walsh....as compared to Tesi.

Yeah I agree even though I am a fan of Tesi. It is interesting though because I don't think TMM will be with us much longer, maybe even within the week gone. However, I feel like he is the best all round player of the three options (including Walsh as he will be with us likely within the week) currently. That said, in attack Tesi is an absolute weapon. He makes mistakes sure but I also think that is because he has so much in his bag of tricks, similar to Ezra. If we could somehow fix Tesi's defensive awareness, well he might well be a better player than Reece.
He got it wrong the last game but the combo starting to blossom between Tesi and Ezra in the open has looked dangerous.

Who knows though, could be even better with Walsh there.

Kev seemingly has Mam set up on the left and Tesi on the right in attack essentially playing as 2 fullbacks in attack and it’s the forwards playing first receiver and Reynolds playing the second receiver role. It’s an interesting style and seems to be working well.

Walsh’s playmaking in that system would be devastating.

He might well be....

then again, Walsh ....might well be.... the next genuine superstar this team has.

Bit hard to judge or guess who will be the better, when one hasn't had time in the team.

admittedly I don't have a great catalogue of data to reference....but I don't recall having the feeling of impending doom when watching Walsh....as compared to Tesi.
I think we all have isaako ptsd. Given Niu Is a similar style player we feel he's been around for longer. I like having both Walsh and niu in the 30. Niu might make a good option at centre as well one day if he can learn to defend properly

Yeah I agree even though I am a fan of Tesi. It is interesting though because I don't think TMM will be with us much longer, maybe even within the week gone. However, I feel like he is the best all round player of the three options (including Walsh as he will be with us likely within the week) currently. That said, in attack Tesi is an absolute weapon. He makes mistakes sure but I also think that is because he has so much in his bag of tricks, similar to Ezra. If we could somehow fix Tesi's defensive awareness, well he might well be a better player than Reece.
i think that the things we are after will come with experience and Tesi has always been mentioned in the same breathe as locky , as in he puts in and trains hard . And that's all we can ask for , as for being better than walsh well that may become irrelevant because it seems a lot of people see walsh as a 6. Time will tell i guess.

He made his bed. He was the one that wanted an NRL spot now. He made the move. The Warriors thought they had a 10+ year fullback in him but I don't think he ever had the intention of moving to NZ for the long term. He fucked us around and now he has done the same to the Warriors in basically only his 2nd year of NRL. I've got no sympathy for him, it's all on him. He's very lucky we have taken him back to be honest.

Hopefully he grows up a bit from this and puts his head down and works hard. He has talent, but that only gets you so far. I hope he knuckles down and learns from this experience. I'm not sold on the kid but will love to be proven wrong.

I really hope Kevvie isn't planning on just gifting the fullback jersey to him. Particularly if Tesi continues to improve, people on here will tell you Tesi is Isaako v2.0 but I don't agree with that

Tesi is 20 years old, he's still very much finding his way and he's had to deal with a few injuries along the way, not to mention being blooded into probably the worst Bronco team of all time by Seibold

I'm not sure where Tesi fits into our team moving forward but imagine how dangerous he would be as a hooker sniffing around the ruck.
His defence would really need to improve though.

I get what you're saying but every high standard NRL coach isn't looking at what they can bring in attack, it's usually always defense first. You hear the way Kev spears about Ezra and it's not about how dangerous he is with the ball it's what he has done in defense.

I do laugh at some of the theories fans throw up sometimes, completely forgetting that these players have to be able to play on both sides of the ball, it's the reason Turpin gets a spot in the team, he may not give anything in attack but he's as good a tackler as anyone else going around

Until he improves his D he's another Matt Dufty. Electric in attack but still totally clueless in D. D is about attitude and Tesi doesn't seem to want to get his hands dirty unless he's on the attack.

Until he improves his D he's another Matt Dufty. Electric in attack but still totally clueless in D. D is about attitude and Tesi doesn't seem to want to get his hands dirty unless he's on the attack.

You will find that to be the case with most young players in the spine, they don't get picked to play rep footy for QLD in the under 18's because they can defend well, the mentality switch between the younger grades and what it takes in the NRL is almost a complete switch and that's why ideally NRL coaches want their up and comers to bide their time in QLD Cup

Walsh took off when he was asked to do that

I'm not sure where Tesi fits into our team moving forward but imagine how dangerous he would be as a hooker sniffing around the ruck.
His defence would really need to improve though.
Tesi took Paulo front on and didn't have any problems, this whole defence thing is more to do with positioning than anything else.
People who just think he's shit in defence really need to watch Walsh's, Coates and even Cobbos bad eeads and get some kind of gauge.

off your tree if you think waksh is any better, guess we'll have to Dufty's. pretty sure that there was a few on here wanting to sign him too.

You will find that to be the case with most young players in the spine, they don't get picked to play rep footy for QLD in the under 18's because they can defend well, the mentality switch between the younger grades and what it takes in the NRL is almost a complete switch and that's why ideally NRL coaches want their up and comers to bide their time in QLD Cup

Walsh took off when he was asked to do that
I can understand being outmuscled or outfoxed via experience, but not being out-enthused. There is simply no reason for Tesi to be jogging in some of these highlights, he has given up on the play before they've even scored. Yes, he knocked the ball loose last week v Sami, but he was awfully lucky there because he clearly wasn't busting a gut to get there in time. Same deal as the highlight above.

I would prefer he sprinted his arse off and overran the play than casually jogging over like he's already given up on the play. That's attitude.

off your tree if you think waksh is any better, guess we'll have to Dufty's. pretty sure that there was a few on here wanting to sign him too.
I've already mentioned I'm unsure on Walsh in this very thread. Sober at the moment though, probably off my tree later this evening.

Plus I’m not convinced he’s currently better than Tesi. This isn’t a comment on potential, just current level.

I also don’t want the Storm getting any help whatsoever

That could be a lot to do with one playing for a basket case team with no direction or leadership and the other is playing for a side who's confidence is high. I dont think it will take Walsh long to get up to speed here.

I can understand being outmuscled or outfoxed via experience, but not being out-enthused. There is simply no reason for Tesi to be jogging in some of these highlights, he has given up on the play before they've even scored. Yes, he knocked the ball loose last week v Sami, but he was awfully lucky there because he clearly wasn't busting a gut to get there in time. Same deal as the highlight above.

I would prefer he sprinted his arse off and overran the play than casually jogging over like he's already given up on the play. That's attitude.

I've already mentioned I'm unsure on Walsh in this very thread. Sober at the moment though, probably off my tree later this evening.

I'd put that down to fatigue, he was there though for the Sami play and I have no doubt his right hand (I think) which he led with was his non-preferred hand, or whatever hand he went in with initially as it just looked so un-co.

It wouldn't be easy playing fullback especially when you're probably not at your peak fitness after an injury, he plays in the line then has to not only read the play but probably sprint his arse off to get there, it's effort on effort and it would be hard to do. Not sure it's a lack of commitment though, he would be trying his hardest but it's not easy. A lot of players have really struggled to play fullback, it took Latrell a little while under Wayne before he could punch out 80 and I remember seeing Rapana having a bit of a chuck on the field as he was that spent when he was back there in a Raiders game.

I'd put that down to fatigue, he was there though for the Sami play and I have no doubt his right hand (I think) which he led with was his non-preferred hand, or whatever hand he went in with initially as it just looked so un-co.

It wouldn't be easy playing fullback especially when you're probably not at your peak fitness after an injury, he plays in the line then has to not only read the play but probably sprint his arse off to get there, it's effort on effort and it would be hard to do. Not sure it's a lack of commitment though, he would be trying his hardest but it's not easy. A lot of players have really struggled to play fullback, it took Latrell a little while under Wayne before he could punch out 80 and I remember seeing Rapana having a bit of a chuck on the field as he was that spent when he was back there in a Raiders game.
At the end of the day he did save a try so it is a bit harsh of me to be using it as a criticism of it, I still maintain his approach though was very casual and he got away with it, but ends justify the means in a situation like that... I'm just concerned his approach is as aforementioned, lacking in enthusiasm because defending isn't sexy or fun, but critical all the same.

Most champion fullbacks aren't defensive monsters from day 1 but the effort is always there. Hopefully it is a fitness thing and not a mentality thing and with a full pre season behind him he closes the gap, because there is a huge gap atm.

nice , sounds like a good plan .
i mentioned before that if you watch the highlights of both eels and titans games ,that you'll see both Brimson and gutherson whom a both 2 very energetic players both jogging on some of our tries.
it's just the modern day game, defending in the line you'll get caught out and sometimes there's no point in getting across.
even the better ones get caught out , ponga in origin was terrible at times.

There are things he can work on such as his organisation and communication as he matures, and his attack is fine. Him under the high ball i'm 50/50 about. Practising to catch a ball in training isnt the same as doing it in a match situation under pressure. I can only remember the Eels putting up one testing high ball towards Tesi all game the other night and he didnt attack it, he let it bounce. Thats a worry.

The comments you make about him jogging and not busting a gut are the ones that concern me the most. Imo thats something thats either in your game or it isnt . I remember having this argument with somebody on there about Mosby when he was at the Cowboys as they wanted him here. They said it could be trained into him, i was convinced it couldnt be after i watched him in a fair few games just not chase players. I'm still of the belief thats something the majority of players cant have coached into them.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • theshed
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.