NEWS Walters: Milford can win it for Brisbane

Yep I saw an interview of Tallis the other day and he was praising Bennett

Was it Sunday / Monday. They made Wayne award him his Hall of Fame ring at the game. Awkwarrrrrd.

Not really sure why people on here always look for/want recognition from the media. For me, you know we're going well when there are a lot of these so-called experts trying to have a dig at us and talk us down.

Wayne is the master at using all the negative talk to fire us up. I say bring more of it on and I couldn't really give a **** what these hacks think about my footy team. We're doing fine.

Not really sure why people on here always look for/want recognition from the media. For me, you know we're going well when there are a lot of these so-called experts trying to have a dig at us and talk us down.

Wayne is the master at using all the negative talk to fire us up. I say bring more of it on and I couldn't really give a **** what these hacks think about my footy team. We're doing fine.
To me it is more about them seemingly happy to unload on a team endlessly without realising they are basically alienating an entire supporter base.

The herd mentality for the rest of the population then just accept their opinions as fact and jump on the bandwagon and perpetuate false claims until they can only see them as fact.... [HASHTAG]#penaltybroncos[/HASHTAG]

I actually just want to enjoy watching my team and hear unbiased opinions rather than false claims and dribble... and feel like you have to defend your team at every instance.

For example how has Badel's $3.2M story been referenced by every football show, yet TPJ actual interview has gotten zero attention.

What other code in the world actively sabotages parts of their game??

It's too bad super league didn't succeed because at least the cancer that is NSWRL would've been removed from the game and a national sport would've taken its place

Last edited:
To me it is more about them seemingly happy to unload on a team endlessly without realising they are basically alienating an entire supporter base.

The herd mentality for the rest of the population then just accept their opinions as fact and jump on the bandwagon and perpetuate false claims until they can only see them as fact.... [HASHTAG]#penaltybroncos[/HASHTAG]

I actually just want to enjoy watching my team and hear unbiased opinions rather than false claims and dribble... and feel like you have to defend your team at every instance.

For example how has Badel's $3.2M story been referenced by every football show, yet TPJ actual interview has gotten zero attention.

What other code in the world actively sabotages parts of their game??

It's too bad super league didn't succeed because at least the cancer that is NSWRL would've been removed from the game and a national sport would've taken its place
All great points and you are spot on.

I gave up long ago trying to convince people they were wrong and to stop blindly following what is written. Haters gunna hate and I actually get a good laugh at some of the shit that gets spouted out there. Just makes the victories all the more sweeter :beer-toast1:

So far this year Milf has forced 19 drop outs, up from 12 forced last year.

Not the most amazing stat ever but it shows that he has stepped up his output since Hunts exit.

So far this year Milf has forced 19 drop outs, up from 12 forced last year.

Not the most amazing stat ever but it shows that he has stepped up his output since Hunts exit.
Not that it matters, but I wonder how many of them were on the 3rd tackle. He often wastes half a set

It's time people started talking about Milford's appalling tackling. His 'technique', such as it is is so poor that anything he does cannot outweigh his negative effect on the team. I haven't ever seen a player as frightened to make a tackle as Milford. He will not put himself in front of anyone nor will he bend at the hips and use his shoulders.

Halfbacks are often given a pass if they at least have a go but Milf is a 5/8th and he is simply not prepared to commit to the team. It's time to dump him to reserves. Yes, I did see his great kick last night.

It’s not enough that his attacking and running ability has disappeared but now he is just a speed bump in defence. My god he is a shadow of his former self.

Truth is we scored enough points to win yesterday. Our defence is loosing us games. Those two soft tries before halftime were a disgrace. Milford was there for both of them!

It’s not enough that his attacking and running ability has disappeared but now he is just a speed bump in defence. My god he is a shadow of his former self.

Truth is we scored enough points to win yesterday. Our defence is loosing us games. Those two soft tries before halftime were a disgrace. Milford was there for both of them!
So so right. Milford went high like I mean, forever as usual and allowed two tries he should have stopped. He is worse than Maloney, seriously worse. Ok, maybe not but Maloney outweighs his shitty defence with great attack AND he has a go in defence. Milford could do it but when you're guaranteed a million a year and have the outrageous good fortune to have three other team mates copping the brunt you seem to get away with pro level shitiness.

Time for posters to start talking about this because Milford and co do read about themselves on this very forum. No doubt Milford wants to kick me in the nuts for reminding everyone that Milford won't make committed legs tackles.

4 guys standing in the tackle and the Canberra player gets an offload away, milford's fault?
Bird rushes Leilua and brushes him and drags milf and Glenn over the line, milford's fault?
This is why sua should be on milford's inside, but you kidding if either of them were milford's fault.

It's time people started talking about Milford's appalling tackling. His 'technique', such as it is is so poor that anything he does cannot outweigh his negative effect on the team. I haven't ever seen a player as frightened to make a tackle as Milford. He will not put himself in front of anyone nor will he bend at the hips and use his shoulders.

Halfbacks are often given a pass if they at least have a go but Milf is a 5/8th and he is simply not prepared to commit to the team. It's time to dump him to reserves. Yes, I did see his great kick last night.

Then you're clearly not watching him enough.

4 guys standing in the tackle and the Canberra player gets an offload away, milford's fault?
Bird rushes Leilua and brushes him and drags milf and Glenn over the line, milford's fault?
This is why sua should be on milford's inside, but you kidding if either of them were milford's fault.
No, both were situations where Milford simply had to make a legs tackle and not, for the five hundredth time get brushed off like a piece of lint. Again, I've been pointing out this crappy tag routine Milford does. Going high 99 times out of 99! Useless useless useless. Make a fucking tackle for once. It's Milford's fault when it's a bog standard legs tackle. Just one yesterday and we'd be celebrating a win.

Then you're clearly not watching him enough.
Really? Show me 6 legs tackles from the last two years. I'm watching all right and I wrote about his shitty tackling last year, the year before and the year before that. I've watched him make air grabs for so long I pray no one runs his way and that's a big commitment for an atheist!

No, both were situations where Milford simply had to make a legs tackle and not, for the five hundredth time get brushed off like a piece of lint. Again, I've been pointing out this crappy tag routine Milford does. Going high 99 times out of 99! Useless useless useless. Make a fucking tackle for once. It's Milford's fault when it's a bog standard legs tackle. Just one yesterday and we'd be celebrating a win.

A leg tackle wouldn't of stopped old mate popping the offload to Leilua , and good luck to most trying to tackle him when he has momentum . Bird needed to make the tackle , if you rush your man make the tackle. 3 or 4 guys standing in a tackle, wrap the fucking ball up.

The worst one was I think Whiteheads when they all just dropped off, pathetic...

More concerned over his follow up after a bomb.
He just stands and watches, no attempt at running through to put his players on side. Will come back and bite him one day.

More concerned over his follow up after a bomb.
He just stands and watches, no attempt at running through to put his players on side. Will come back and bite him one day.

I agree, he needs to take a leaf out of cronk and Thurstons book. He does seem lazy at times.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Brocko
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.