NEWS Walters: Milford can win it for Brisbane

lol now we know you are taking the piss. Seriously, go do your research and see how many times Milford tries to save a try while Boyd watches.
Been playing and watching football since well before you were born so I don't need advice from a thirty year old, half my age and with a quarter the experience. I don't give a **** about these miracle events you claim happen, Boyd seldom if ever just watches things happen. Due to the fact that he can't actually break the speed of light barrier he cannot get to the scene before the event is over and as highly experienced as he is, is best placed to judge. The common refrain 'at least make the effort' is puerile and in practice, futile. Boyd's going okay lately and has been honest with his self appraisal, something you could learn to do. He's learned to take advice from much more experienced people and he's what, about 30? Mmmm, I wonder if there's something in that for others...

Yep. And his leadership. Any thoughts on who could help him with any of that? Since he is obligated to save tries on his own now, anyone you can think of in the team that should be able to help with that?
He's obligated to make his best effort and if you think those pissy air grabs are okay or his best effort then you need a different sport. He's not obligated to save tries on his own and no one has said as much about that childlike claim. He's expected to give his best. Who could claim that effort on Sunday was his best? Only an idiot.

Boyd seldom if ever just watches things happen.

D4uBRv0UEAEeo_8.jpg:large

D3WRTyQUwAAfwtN.jpg:large

55bf733402abf6b0e653fae9f5268ff3

What, 2 hours of a blank screen? Boyd's got more commitment in his little finger than Milford has in his whole body.

Lolz.......no fucken way!

Howsabout you argue what I say instead hey?

That’s not Boyd’s only job. Just like making sure we get in position for a field goal isn’t Milford’s only job

It's probably Boyd's most important job, and he stinks at it.

Anyhoo, if the rest of the team improves I'm sure Milf and Boyd will too. They are vital to the structure of the team and game plan, both are letting the team down. Milf needs to take control and be brilliant and Boyd needs to do his job with some gusto.

He's obligated to make his best effort and if you think those pissy air grabs are okay or his best effort then you need a different sport. He's not obligated to save tries on his own and no one has said as much about that childlike claim. He's expected to give his best. Who could claim that effort on Sunday was his best? Only an idiot.

I mean, same goes for Boyd. But only an idiot, right...

Been playing and watching football since well before you were born so I don't need advice from a thirty year old, half my age and with a quarter the experience. I don't give a **** about these miracle events you claim happen, Boyd seldom if ever just watches things happen. Due to the fact that he can't actually break the speed of light barrier he cannot get to the scene before the event is over and as highly experienced as he is, is best placed to judge. The common refrain 'at least make the effort' is puerile and in practice, futile. Boyd's going okay lately and has been honest with his self appraisal, something you could learn to do. He's learned to take advice from much more experienced people and he's what, about 30? Mmmm, I wonder if there's something in that for others...

He needs to break the speed of light barrier to be in correct position for a fullback, and you know, have a dig at stopping tries? Put his body on the line, as you expect of Milf.

You are in as much denial as Boyd, it seems. Age has only given you arrogance.

And his attack

This IMO is the only real issue for Milford. I couldn't give two ***** that he misses a couple tackles.

He some how needs to find himself more time and space. It's becoming inexcusable though, that he continues to not find the ball in his hand on the 5th

This IMO is the only real issue for Milford. I couldn't give two ***** that he misses a couple tackles.

He some how needs to find himself more time and space. It's becoming inexcusable though, that he continues to not find the ball in his hand on the 5th
Huge does have a point about his defense. The fact that he regularly gets done twice a game by the same blokes every time they play and he doesn't try a different technique isn't very smart of him. Going high on Leilua one time and messing up is fair enough, but why didn't he learn from it?

Prove it. When I asked for proof the other day, this is entirely what I was talking about. If you can prove that stat to be anywhere near true I will never defend McCullough again

It was a nice soccer trap Milf had to perform on Sunday from one of McCullough's shit passes.

Plenty of old people are dumb af so no one cares about your age. I’m not trying to band wagon in the Boyd hate and I actually think he can bring a lot to this team but at the moment his leadership and efforts are very average. To claim he hasn’t stood back while being in a position to at least attempt to defend is ludicrous. He absolutely has done so, on many occasions for over a year now.

Why he does it? I don’t know. People say he’s a pea heart or whatever but if you watch some of his amazing bomb defuses under pressure, that obviously isn’t the case. He cats it and shows little urgency in defence, especially when he’s last in line. A defeatist attitude perhaps? He also rarely runs back with any intent. Perhaps it’s self preservation at this point in his career. Whatever the reasons, he is not living up to his pay cheque nor his leadership position.

Last edited:

See, I don't have a problem with this, because you're responding to something that was utter shit.

McCullough for the most part throws accurate passes, he may throw the occasional wobbler every few sets, but that's the case with most dummy halves. His decision making & speed of service are really the issues, and they're arguably pretty minor issues if we're factoring in everything wrong with this team as a whole.

I'm still pretty concerned with the team moving forward with McCullough as the only option at 9, but it's like not even in the top 5 of things we need to be worried about right now.

How about we try holding a team to under 20 points?

Hard spot. He's our best support runner by a mile, but also needs to be handling the ball more during sets and being in the correct position on the fifth. He and Kodi need to talk and sort it out I think. I think Milf has to accept that it's his job to do it all, all the time. He has to run, support, ballplay, kick, make an effort in defence and so on.

Huge does have a point about his defense. The fact that he regularly gets done twice a game by the same blokes every time they play and he doesn't try a different technique isn't very smart of him. Going high on Leilua one time and messing up is fair enough, but why didn't he learn from it?
I know that was hard to type for you and I mean in the sense that we often disagree ,so thanks. It was my only point and I say again he's been doing the same thing for years.

Correct, seldom if ever. Nice photos or screenshots . What are they for?

Nothing mate, the screenshots have no correlation to your claim that Boyd never stands around and watches.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.