NEWS Walters: Milford can win it for Brisbane

Boyd? I think we’re talking about the exact same comments but each choosing to remember the bits that best suit our own argument.
No, he's spoken publicly at least twice. He most certainly did NOT say he was happy with his form and this was from a month ago or more.

No, he's spoken publicly at least twice. He most certainly did NOT say he was happy with his form and this was from a month ago or more.

Sorry, he said he was “pretty happy” with his form.

Boyd has also come under fire for missing several tackles at the back but said his form was not as bad as has been portrayed. He said the club would not be pressured into making changes.

"Everyone is going to have their say, but if we were three [wins] from five no-one is going to be saying the things that they are. It comes with the territory but that is the world we live in," Boyd said. "A lot of [the criticism] is unwarranted but you've got to move on and listen to the guys in house.

"I have been pretty happy with my game. I've been making some good metres, I've been really involved and I think I've been working in the attack line well. I've probably missed a few tackles which I need to pick up on definitely. It is about working hard at training, which I do every day, and making sure I am loud with the halves with my talk and leading the team."

Edited to add link:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/19/boyd-says-hes-no-five-eighth-and-lockyer-agrees/

Last edited:
I think the change in attitude has to be driven by the players. There's only so much a coach can do after only being at the joint for 4 months.

Some of these guys have been there for 10+ years excluding the extra time as juniors in the system.

Seibold reminds me of Bellamy and the Bellamy graduates like Arthur, Madge, Kearney and so on. In that they get across the technical aspects to play football, but aren't necessarily the best man managers.

Seibold is a former teacher and comes across alright so he's got a chance, but I wouldn't say he's exuding charisma.

I think Bellamy got pretty lucky with the group that he inherited way back when... it had a strong existing leadership group, an inherent desire to win based solely on being the lone team in Mexico (think Brisbane vs NSWRL back in the day) and future leaders coming through like Smith, Cronk and Slater who were all overlooked and having to work hard for their place in the league.

I don't think the players play so much for Bellamy in the same way players play for Bennett, rather they are playing to meet the standards that Bellamy sets. The leadership group also drive Bellamy's agenda back through the playing group.

There is literally no hiding in the current Melbourne system. If you don't meet the standards you're pretty well banished, because the coach has the leadership group's backing.

Would Bellamy be the same at the Broncos with this year's playing group??

Maybe... probably because of what he has achieved since he started, but there's also a chance certain playing groups just don't mesh with that style of coach.

The players have to realise they are all on notice. The board has backed Seibold with a 5 year contract and if he wants to move players on I'm sure they'll back him to do that as well.

He's actually giving them a chance and they should realise that and take it or start looking for alternative playing groups with lax attitudes... maybe ESL or Toronto

Last edited:
The issue with the team isn't Milford.......unless he's doing a hand stand. :smoker:

Defensive lapses aren't just coming from one of the smallest guys on the ground. We're missing tackles left, right and centre.

Sorry, he said he was “pretty happy” with his form.

Boyd has also come under fire for missing several tackles at the back but said his form was not as bad as has been portrayed. He said the club would not be pressured into making changes.

"Everyone is going to have their say, but if we were three [wins] from five no-one is going to be saying the things that they are. It comes with the territory but that is the world we live in," Boyd said. "A lot of [the criticism] is unwarranted but you've got to move on and listen to the guys in house.

"I have been pretty happy with my game. I've been making some good metres, I've been really involved and I think I've been working in the attack line well. I've probably missed a few tackles which I need to pick up on definitely. It is about working hard at training, which I do every day, and making sure I am loud with the halves with my talk and leading the team."

Edited to add link:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/19/boyd-says-hes-no-five-eighth-and-lockyer-agrees/
As I said, repeatedly, that Boyd spoke publicly previously to this. At that time he acknowledged his poor form and stated he was aware and working hard to fix it. I'm now done with this topic.

I hope Milford got up in front of the other three and said it straight "You're all shit and your shittiness is making my game worse."

I don't know why it's taking Seibold so long to figure out Kodi/Niko are never going to work as a half pairing. Lest we forget they had an entire year training with Benji Marshall, one of the greatest playmakers in the history of the game. No to mention Allan Langer, the benchmark we're still trying to replace.

Last edited:
I don't know why it's taking Seibold so long to figure out Kodi/Niko are never going to work as a half pairing. Lest we forget they had an entire year training with Benji Marshall, one of the greatest playmakers in the history of the game. No to mention Allan Langer, the benchmark we're still trying to replace.
Wait a second.. . You're anti seibold right? And one of your major gripes with him and reasons you're bagging him for is him not making a decision in 6 games that Bennett didn't make in over a year? Don't you see the irony in that?

Wait a second.. . You're anti seibold right? And one of your major gripes with him and reasons you're bagging him for is him not making a decision in 6 games that Bennett didn't make in over a year? Don't you see the irony in that?
Nope. Not completely. But I'm yet to be convinced by Seibold ESPECIALLY because he's belligerently persisted with Bennett's failings instead of bringing the fresh change we were promised. I haven't written us out of the eight yet, but the longer he farts around with this lineup the less likely we'll get there. Not much point waiting until it's mathematically impossible to decide he needs to hone a new spine like everyone's been saying since last year.

Last edited:
Nope. Not completely. But I'm yet to be convinced by Seibold ESPECIALLY because he's belligerently persisted with Bennett's failings instead of bringing the fresh change we were promised. I haven't written us out of the eight yet, but the longer he farts around with this lineup the less likely we'll get there. Not much point waiting until it's mathematically impossible to decide he needs to hone a new spine like everyone's been saying since last year.
Great response tbh. Totally unexpected considering your normal responses lol but makes sense, honest, logical and took away all hipocrisy most people bagging seibold are using to justify their rants

As I said, repeatedly, that Boyd spoke publicly previously to this. At that time he acknowledged his poor form and stated he was aware and working hard to fix it. I'm now done with this topic.

And as I said, so has Milf...several times. But unlike Boyd, Milf didn’t come out less than a week ago saying he’s happy with his form. So I really don’t see your point.

I’m glad you’re done with it.

And as I said, so has Milf...several times. But unlike Boyd, Milf didn’t come out less than a week ago saying he’s happy with his form. So I really don’t see your point.

I’m glad you’re done with it.
Err, don't understand your lack of comprehension. I stated that Boyd was aware he was playing poorly, acknowledged it and said he was working on it. Later on he was again asked about his recent form and he then said he was happier with his recent efforts as are most people. What's so hard to understand?

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.