Warrior v Chooks *spoilers from TV game @ 7.30 pm*

Clintos said:
I don't understand that at all.

FTR, wasn't a penalty try an extra shot at goal for 8 points?

No, it's an 8 pointer if they are fouled in the act of scoring a try though.

Clintos said:
FTR, wasn't a penalty try an extra shot at goal for 8 points?

No

Penalty try is a try with the kick in front.

An 8 point try is the try & kick from where the try was scored plus a kick in front.

The Rock said:
Far from BS.

I have no doubt he would have scored that try if he didn't hold his arm back. Not only did it not allow mini to go for the ball with his right arm, but he was not even given the opportunity to dive with 2 hands on the ball because he was held up.

sounds like your missus is on your account dude!!

What's the point of that? I always thought that there was only one penalty try, and it's potentially an 8pt try. Has it always been like that, or have I just missed a rule change?

So, an 8pt try and a penalty try are different things?

Penalty Try: In both rugby league and in rugby union, if the referee believes that a try has been prevented by the defending team's misconduct, he may award the attacking team a penalty try. Penalty tries are always awarded under the posts regardless of where the offence took place. In rugby union, the standard applied by the referee is that a try "probably" would have been scored. The referee does not have to be certain a try would have been scored. In rugby league, the referee must be left in no reasonable doubt that a try would otherwise have been scored before a penalty try can be awarded.

Eight point Try: An 8 point try doesn't come into consideration unless an act of foul play is committed against the tryscorer.

Minis try penalty try......8 point try is you score the try, the I walk over and then punch you in the face. Try counts you get the kick plus a kick in front, possible 8 point try....... I think hahahahahaa

I don't think it should have been a penalty try. It can be awarded if it's 100% no doubt they were going to score and there was some doubt for me. He would have been 99% likely to score the try but I think Hohahia was a chance to knock it out of the way and they were very close to the dead ball line so Mini might not have been able to stop in time.

Nein bobble heads said there were other times during the season when a penalty try was more likely than this incident and I agree with them.

Aeetee said:
Minis try penalty try......8 point try is you score the try, the I walk over and then punch you in the face. Try counts you get the kick plus a kick in front, possible 8 point try....... I think hahahahahaa
Ok, now I get it. *sigh*

Oh ok. I always thought they were the same thing. Learn something new everyday.

Tee, your explanation was flawless.

Nahh theres a few flaws..... hahaha I think people understand things better when you speak to them like a 7 year old....name that movie quick.

Aeetee said:
Minis try penalty try......8 point try is you score the try, the I walk over and then punch you in the face. Try counts you get the kick plus a kick in front, possible 8 point try

Correct

Remember this year Kemp scored a try & I forget who it was hit Kemp in the head, that should have been an 8 point try but nothing was done.

Was Aubbuson in front of Mini when he kicked it ? (maybe i'm blind)

Playboy Bunny said:
Sorry about scotts facebook Tee...hehe

Just so we all know, Scots facebook status gives away the outcome of this game hahahah of all the places to find out who wins...... but I shall continue watching for i loves youse all.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.