Wayne Bennett: Gagai shouldn’t have been sacked

there were also reportedly issue with Gagai's attitude ... including skipping or arriving late to training. and the sacking likely gave him the wake up call he needed to ensure he didn't waste his talent

His strength and size now has nothing to do with Hook’s ridiculous weight gain program.
All young athletes get bigger and stronger as they mature with the right diet and weight training.
From the sounds of it Gagai was just getting fat and depressed on Hook’s ridiculous get fat as quickly as possible program.

What’s going on with Hook and Moylan at the Panthers?
Another talented player Hook can’t be bothered to deal with?

Yes it's all Hook's fault, nothing to do with the loose lifestyle he was leading.

Your Moylan point ignores all the young players that have no issue with Hook.

He was only a rookie then of course he had deficiencies but he showed glimpses of brilliance that a lot of people were hopeful for. Guys like maranta got given more chances though and he got driven back cross country every tackle.
And then subsequently losing the ball or being driven over the sideline (mainly both at the same time!)

His strength and size now has nothing to do with Hook’s ridiculous weight gain program.
All young athletes get bigger and stronger as they mature with the right diet and weight training.
From the sounds of it Gagai was just getting fat and depressed on Hook’s ridiculous get fat as quickly as possible program.

What’s going on with Hook and Moylan at the Panthers?
Another talented player Hook can’t be bothered to deal with?

That’s trumped up crap based on a couple of social media jokes.

I’m sure Griffin didn’t want them to just get heavier, with no regards to how. He’d have wanted them putting in the time in the gym, busting their guts to build muscle mass. And yeah, eating more has a lot to do with being able to make those muscle gains but I dare say they were also given strict diets and workout regimes and schedules.

Joking about something that helps retain water in order to cheat a weigh-in would be just that - a joke. It wouldn’t fool the countless other tests that measure composition.

That’s trumped up crap based on a couple of social media jokes.

I’m sure Griffin didn’t want them to just get heavier, with no regards to how. He’d have wanted them putting in the time in the gym, busting their guts to build muscle mass. And yeah, eating more has a lot to do with being able to make those muscle gains but I dare say they were also given strict diets and workout regimes and schedules.

Joking about something that helps retain water in order to cheat a weigh-in would be just that - a joke. It wouldn’t fool the countless other tests that measure composition.

From talking to current and ex Broncos players.. players that were “undersized” were told to eat whatever they could get their hands on to reach their target weight.
Hook wasn’t too concern about body fat percentage.

It was revealed by players, in articles and not jokes on social media, that their diets under Hook were rubbish and consisted of a lot of junk food to make weight quicker.

From talking to current and ex Broncos players.. players that were “undersized” were told to eat whatever they could get their hands on to reach their target weight.
Hook wasn’t too concern about body fat percentage.

You were talking to them yourself?

It was revealed by players, in articles and not jokes on social media, that their diets under Hook were rubbish and consisted of a lot of junk food to make weight quicker.

Junk food, hey? I know it’s a long time ago for me to be asking to see those articles, but I don’t remember anything about not caring what types of food.

Putting on muscle mass requires a high calorie intake but it still requires the right types of food.

Do you have actual quotes, or just social media saying so?

You were talking to them yourself?

Yes I have personally talked to them over the years.
Hook didn’t care if was processed junk food as long as it was high in calories and got them to put on weight.

Do you have actual quotes, or just social media saying so?

Jharal Yow Yeh on The Locker Room mentioned Hook used to make Tariq Sims wake up middle of the night to eat a crap load of ham.

Another example speaking to Barba during his first preseason at the Broncos, he used to drink 4 litres of full cream milk a day.
2 litres in the morning, and another 2 litres before bed.

Jharal Yow Yeh on The Locker Room mentioned Hook used to make Tariq Sims wake up middle of the night to eat a crap load of ham.

Another example speaking to Barba during his first preseason at the Broncos, he used to drink 4 litres of full cream milk a day.

you know ham isn't junk food right ...

Heaps of protein and calcium... wow, shocking.

Junk food, hey? I know it’s a long time ago for me to be asking to see those articles, but I don’t remember anything about not caring what types of food.

Putting on muscle mass requires a high calorie intake but it still requires the right types of food.

I usually agree with pretty much everything you say, but I have to disagree on this one. I remember vividly the talk at the time about this. I will find the actual articles I read but my memory on this is very clear because at one time I was the number one ticket holder for the ‘Hook’ fan club and it was this bullshit that woke me up.

Just coz meats and dairy are deemed 'healthy' as they contain essential nutrients, doesn't mean that they can be eaten without moderation. Overeating anything can be detrimental

Heaps of protein and calcium... wow, shocking.

4 Litres of full cream milk a day is not healthy for you.
It just gets you fat fast and that is what exactly happen to Barba
So I guess Hook telling Maranta to eat 2 whole BBQ chickens from Woolthworths a day is also a healthy diet to you?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.