MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Just to double check, am I the only person who thinks this is what's happening? My prediction is that this will re-surface in 2-6 weeks and we'll eventually cave and give him the full buyout he wants.

That would be stupid if they wait any longer, stand by Bennett for his last year or pay him out. I really can't see this dragging on.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
Sooo the media have confirmed Bennett will remain coach next year......it must be true then. I will wait and see who will show up after Christmas to coach our side. The fact that out CEO stated weeks ago that Wayne will remain as our head coach next year does not not mean Jack #### to me. A lot has transpired over the last few weeks. The fact that a meeting was required with Wayne to discuss next years coaching role, to me would indicate that nothing was set in stone.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Get ready for one last ride with Bennett ball ladies and gentlemen. Yewwwwwwwwwwwww

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
My prediction would be Broncos finish somewhere between 5th-8th. Get knocked out 1 week before the prelims. We achieve enough to keep a fair portion of people happy whilst simultaneously not really achieving anything at all.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
My prediction would be Broncos finish somewhere between 5th-8th. Get knocked out 1 week before the prelims. We achieve enough to keep a fair portion of people happy whilst simultaneously not really achieving anything at all.

I don't really think it matters what you or I think now. The decision has been made and we need to get behind both coach and team with our full support. No more speculation or negativity. If 2019 is there for the taking we need to give it our best shot and trust and believe in those in charge; including Wayne.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I don't really think it matters what you or I think now. The decision has been made and we need to get behind both coach and team with our full support. No more speculation or negativity. If 2019 is there for the taking we need to give it our best shot and trust and believe in those in charge; including Wayne.

Don't worry I will.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Macca is gonna be dally m hooker of the year. I feel like he’s having his best pre season and will get it all together for year 2019.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Macca is gonna be dally m hooker of the year. I feel like he’s having his best pre season and will get it all together for year 2019.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure he put it all together like 6 years ago, this is the finished product.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
This scenario sucks. Wish Seibold was starting in 2019.

How are we not sacking Wayne and just topping up the difference between his Souths and Broncos contract for next year? The Broncos have lots of money. Just failing to understand how this is not happening.

Last edited:
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

If the guy actually utilises his kicking game consistently then maybe. He and Milf need to communicate and sort that shit out.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I'm hoping he stays as the current crop know his system and provided we don't have the horrendous injuries we had last year we'll be in a far stronger position to challenge come semi time. Plus, I get a feeling that the players are fair dinkum in their commitment to him. Milf starting the season early. Boyd and Bird looking fresh and fit. a real red hot pack with Lodge having overcome the torrent of abuse last year. Benny's final year at his beloved Broncs. It all shapes up as the perfect storm.

If we can’t go all the way, I’d be happy to have Wayne’s tenure end with knocking the Storm out in the finals. Perfect storm indeed.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
At the end of the day we are not prepared to pay WB close to $1m to move to Bunnies in 2019. I am sure if Bunnies wanted WB for next season and were prepared to stump up the $1m he would be gone.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
At the end of the day we are not prepared to pay WB close to $1m to move to Bunnies in 2019. I am sure if Bunnies wanted WB for next season and were prepared to stump up the $1m he would be gone.

It seems Wayne wants to stay with though.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
It seems Wayne wants to stay with though.

Yep, which he is fully entitled to do considering he has a signed contract as coach for 2019. If the board wanted otherwise, it was up to them. They chose not to. Let's move on and look forward to 2019 now that it is settled.

Last edited:
Pub Steak

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Feb 24, 2018
I think the only thing to do now with the likes of Lodge, Oates and TPJ is offer min. 2 year contracts. Either sign for 2 or bugger off elsewhere. Signing for 12 months is a guarantee they will follow Wayne in 2020. At least having a year with a new coach will get the new coach a chance to win them over. May not work but reduces the probability of them leaving.

Unread

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • kiwibronco
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.