MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I think the only thing to do now with the likes of Lodge, Oates and TPJ is offer min. 2 year contracts. Either sign for 2 or bugger off elsewhere. Signing for 12 months is a guarantee they will follow Wayne in 2020. At least having a year with a new coach will get the new coach a chance to win them over. May not work but reduces the probability of them leaving.

Lodge is already at training... To me that suggests he has already signed...

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
This I like, I believe you're the only other poster aside from myself who will put up their hand when they've been wrong or proven wrong. Kudos, doesn't make you less, it makes you human and respect level raised !

Good on you Huge, much appreciated. I have told myself I will never again get sucked in by newspaper articles and news reports claiming this and that, especially when it comes to the Broncos and Wayne.

Just looking forward to getting into 2019 now. You just never know what we might be able to do to prove the doubters (of which I was one) wrong!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
This I like, I believe you're the only other poster aside from myself who will put up their hand when they've been wrong or proven wrong. Kudos, doesn't make you less, it makes you human and respect level raised !

Good on you Huge, much appreciated. I have told myself I will never again get sucked in by newspaper articles and news reports claiming this and that, especially when it comes to the Broncos and Wayne.

Just looking forward to getting into 2019 now. You just never know what we might be able to do to prove the doubters (of which I was one) wrong!

images

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
it doesn't just suggest he has signed ... it confirms it.

without a current contract, he wouldn't be able to train with the team, as he wouldn't be insured in the event he gets injured

I know, but I was being polite to some in here who need an official confirmation from the club when the player’s word and photos of him at Broncos training, probably still aren’t enough...

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
The pressure on Seibs would be immense because anything less than a premiership would be a failure according to the media and some fans.

Not, in theory, coming off a premiership win. We are itching for one, not back to back, whoever is coaching. Although I’m pretty sure you are happy making the finals each year, despite getting smashed year after year.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I know, but I was being polite to some in here who need an official confirmation from the club when the player’s word and photos of him at Broncos training, probably still aren’t enough...

Sounds believable...

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

without a current contract, he wouldn't be able to train with the team, as he wouldn't be insured in the event he gets injured

What about Carney training with the Cows? Same go?

Last edited:
O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
We are gonna have a good side next year. I think Bennett still has what it takes to achieve great things with the squad. I just would have been more excited to see what Seibold can do after the way he had Souths firing last year.

One things for sure, if we make the grand final, Wayne has proven he knows what it takes to win the big one! I suppose we just have to get there in the first place.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Are we sure that's how it works? I'm almost certain we invite a bunch of different people to train with us that certainly don't have contracts. Fringe ISC / U20 guys, etc.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Knew that was gonna happen.

Lol@$ouffs

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
We are gonna have a good side next year. I think Bennett still has what it takes to achieve great things with the squad. I just would have been more excited to see what Seibold can do after the way he had Souths firing last year.

One things for sure, if we make the grand final, Wayne has proven he knows what it takes to win the big one! I suppose we just have to get there in the first place.

Hmm...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm glad this saga is over (for now...), with club and coach sticking to their word.

I don't believe we'll be much better next season, and I would prefer to see Seibold take the reigns ASAP and change the type of footy we play, but Wayne has done enough for the Broncos to deserve a chance to go out better than with that dreadful display against the Dragons as his last game.
I'm not convinced he will improve things much, although hopefully a fully fit Gillo, Milford and Boyd should help, but I hope he proves me wrong and leaves after bringing us our 7th premiership!

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if "things change" a few weeks from now, especially once we have our youngsters tied up to new contracts, removing the chances of Wayne enticing them to move with him, which is something I do fear, and couldn't blame him for under the circumstances.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
He’s not quite that bad. Disproportionate ego though, for sure.

Haha nah I wasn't comparing Huge to Trump. It just reminds me of the weird way he says the word Huge. Like Uuge. Similar to how he says Chyna haha

Active Now

• Matheos
  • Swordfish
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.