MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I thought you dealt in facts, not beliefs? What you are stating is an ignorant belief, which you rally against at every chance (where you aren’t exposed). I think you’ll find upon further research plenty of us admit when we are wrong. Or do you ‘believe’ it’s just you and faith in hook?
I deal in facts, evidence and reason. I hold beliefs. It's not contradictory. I rail against false beliefs. That doesn't mean I don't hold them myself. Again, no contradiction. I can be wrong but it happens less frequently than it does to the kind of people who are spontaneous knee jerk type.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Ha ha haa.....Wayne Bennett.............. he truly is a crafty old fox!

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Not really. He could genuinely still want to be here. But it sounds like his payout will be additional to his Souths’ salary. Plenty of players have genuinely wanted to stay with a club, but gone elsewhere when the financial benefit is too good to pass up.

He is quite well off. It would cry hypocrisy to me, considering he has stated for so long he wants to coach here next year I,e finish up properly.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I deal in facts, evidence and reason. I hold beliefs. It's not contradictory. I rail against false beliefs. That doesn't mean I don't hold them myself. Again, no contradiction. I can be wrong but it happens less frequently than it does to the kind of people who are spontaneous knee jerk type.

Aye, but you made an ignorant comment rooted in false belief. You and faith in hook aren’t the only ones who admit to fault, fairly egotistical claim, so admit it and move on. In this case, rail against yourself, because you are exhibiting ignorance, which you so detest. Admit it, move on.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree the media has reached a new low. On the article itself it is written in such a way that it implies the Bronco's have created the situation, that they orchestrated such a situation. It's not the Bronco's fault the NRL won't expand the competition as it's not their fault that the one time they did it was one of the most unscrupulous and deceitful efforts one could imagine.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Wayne Bennett was planning to be at Souths next week before stunning turn
The Sunday Mail understands Bennett has already been consulted on a Rabbitohs pre-season camp and was so convinced he would be sacked by Brisbane he was ready to join Souths on Monday week.
But Broncos chairman Karl Morris’ refusal to jettison Bennett at a meeting on Saturday has thwarted any hope of the 68-year-old arriving at Redfern in the next fortnight.
Bennett declined to comment but it is believed current Souths coach Anthony Seibold - his Broncos successor - was expecting a straight swap to occur in the coming days.
2244da725ff3f18bfefbad6e6a861e72

Bennett had begun planning South Sydney’s pre-season. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
Well-placed sources say the Rabbitohs were so advanced in planning for life after Seibold that Bennett had input on a key training camp that was to form the centrepiece of their 2019 pre-season.
Seibold had floated the prospect of a training regime at a specific location, but the Rabbitohs were set to amend that to a military-style camp for the whole squad after discussing the trip with Bennett.
Wary of a player mutiny against Seibold, Souths are happy to release the rookie coach, prompting club bosses to contact Broncos chiefs a fortnight ago to discuss the prospect of an urgent straight swap.
2d40512cceba8fdc5be441733a71ae9e

Bennett expected to be out the door. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
South Sydney general manager of football Shane Richardson recently flew to England for talks with Bennett, who was in the UK coaching the British team in their Test series against New Zealand.
Bennett feared the bullet was coming at Brisbane, but Morris’ decision to honour his Broncos deal next season has seemingly thrown a spanner in the works.
The Sunday Mail understands Bennett’s current assistant Jason Demetriou will eventually join him at Souths, while Seibold is expected to bring his right-hand man Peter Gentle to Red Hill.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/686fcf015b45dfc16178f003333bc740

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I agree the media has reached a new low. On the article itself it is written in such a way that it implies the Bronco's have created the situation, that they orchestrated such a situation. It's not the Bronco's fault the NRL won't expand the competition as it's not their fault that the one time they did it was one of the most unscrupulous and deceitful efforts one could imagine.

It's also not the Broncos fault there are so many Sydney teams which only contributes to the situation they find themselves in, you can't complain your team isn't bringing in comparable sponsors, membership and crowd figures etc when your competing with several other teams in virtually the same major city and surrounding area.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
What about Alex Glenn? Are the rumours of him leaving put to bed now too?

Glenn is still under contract with us, so still covered. If he were to leave, it was always going to require us to release him, something not requested yet obviously.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Pass the tin foil hat, @Unbreakable , this saga is far from over.

Not because I believe the media, because I trust the Broncos.

What this does is force Souths’ hand. If they want Bennett now, they have to come up with the goods. Bennett is not interested in taking any less than his $900k payout, but he didn’t specify it had to all come from the Broncos. The negotiations now go between Brisbane and Souths to decide who pays what, and we’re holding all the cards. We’ve now publicly shown that we are comfortable with Bennett in 2019. Are they happy with Seibold?

How about this for a plot twist. Bennett reneges on his deal with Souths and retires after 2019.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Aye, but you made an ignorant comment rooted in false belief. You and faith in hook aren’t the only ones who admit to fault, fairly egotistical claim, so admit it and move on. In this case, rail against yourself, because you are exhibiting ignorance, which you so detest. Admit it, move on.
Huh? Admit what ? I wrote that I'm no exception and that I'm capable of holding a false belief. So what if my belief is wrong? There may in fact be some on here who admit to being wrong but it's likely the exception. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. I haven't seen anyone from memory who has done what FIH did but they probably have so if they have my belief was ill founded.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
You know, depending on legal mish mash and contracts, if in fact WB has engaged with talk at Souths about pre season training - that is probably sackable....

The real story we might never know.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
How about this for a plot twist. Bennett reneges on his deal with Souths and retires after 2019.
You know what, I have a feeling his heart has never been in it. Based on nothing.

Last edited:
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Imagine the uproar in sydney hahahaha

The uproar it would achieve would be bennett’s greatest achievement in my eyes...

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Huh? Admit what ? I wrote that I'm no exception and that I'm capable of holding a false belief. So what if my belief is wrong? There may in fact be some on here who admit to being wrong but it's likely the exception. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. I haven't seen anyone from memory who has done what FIH did but they probably have so if they have my belief was ill founded.

Yeah it was. You are a straight up narcissist mate. Too egotistical to cop to it, but whatever. Whatever makes you happy, for as long as you have left.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah it was. You are a straight up narcissist mate. Too egotistical to cop to it, but whatever. Whatever makes you happy, for as long as you have left.
:ARMS1: Ha ha ha. Narcissist, not sure you know what the word means! Cop to what? I said it was ill founded if in fact others had put their hand up as they probably have. :bash:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

That's Buzz Rothfield for you.

It's such a shame he took such an interesting report and had to put such a simple minded slant on it. Now that's all most people will read about it, and they won't get a fair indication of the shape the game is in.

As far as the dig at the Broncos recent success, I genuinely hope that fans don't think there's a direct correlation between off-field success and on-field success. The Broncos could be as big as the New York Yankees, it doesn't matter because the club is hamstrung by the salary cap. If the Broncos were actually able to reap the benefit of being the most successful club in the game, Melbourne would have died a long time ago.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.