MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Leaked by who? Sounds like the club is trying to save face
How is this anything even remotely close to the club trying to save face ... Given it has been known for well over 6 months (when this whole thing started) that the club ALWAYS wanted Bennett to remain in a front office role.

This is nothing more than Badel having run out of ideas, trying to keep dribbling his shit.

If an email was leaked it was because those at the club wanted it to be. This is the club saying we did nothing wrong, we offered him a job at the club. We are the good guys.

If an email was leaked it was because those at the club wanted it to be. This is the club saying we did nothing wrong, we offered him a job at the club. We are the good guys.

I agree, but like I said above, it's not anything new and shouldn't fool anyone in to thinking the Broncos are blameless here. For all we know, it was a sweet-as-pie ultimatum that 2019 is the last season he was coaching, go upstairs quietly or you're out for good. Or it could be exactly as it appears on the surface - true recognition for his work, and a cushy job when he hangs up the whistle. We just don't know, and the media will alternate between both versions depending on whatever agenda they have that day.

Maybe McGuire was never the rat and the real rat still lurks amongst red hill

Maybe McGuire was never the rat and the real rat still lurks amongst red hill
I am just annoyed that during the whole scenario of players let, players not resigned (i.e cut from the squad), McGuire being released and the whole coaching saga the club has not spoken enough to the fans. Forget Bennett and the media the club should respect the fans enough to speak to them. I honestly think they do not believe that they are required to do it. The club certainly have room for improvement in their engagement with fans.

Last edited:
I am just annoyed that during the whole scenario of players let, players not resigned (i.e cut from the squad), McGuire being released and the whole coaching saga the club has not spoken enough to the fans. Forget Bennett and the media the club should respect the fans enough to speak to them. I honestly think they do not believe that they are required to do it. The club certainly have room for improvement in their engagement with fans.

I think entitled fans need to calm down a bit. You expect them to come out and talk about every rumour? They came out and said he was coaching us. End of.

Conspiracy theory of the warm and fluffy kind.

Bennett is hanging around long enough for Lodge, TPJ, and Oates to officially re-sign, and will move to Souths when the roster is secured.

I think entitled fans need to calm down a bit. You expect them to come out and talk about every rumour? They came out and said he was coaching us. End of.
I am not talking about Bennett and ongoing conjecture. I am fine that they have not said a lot on the matter. I just think the club could be better at talking to the fans more. I think other clubs do this better. Especially about players coming and going, squad makeup etc.

Last edited:
I am not talking about Bennett and ongoing conjecture. I am fine that they have not said a lot on the matter. I just think the club could be better at talking to the fans more. I think other clubs do this better. Especially about players coming and going, squad makeup etc.

What have they got to say though that they haven't already? As soon as Moose was leaving, we were told. We were told we are working on Oates and TPJ and were constantly told they were under new management, so there would be delays to discuss with the new management. We signed quite a number of them, and were told.

What exactly would you like to hear from them?

Finally some words around the potential coaching staff changes that may come with the swap.

Are we there yet?
590653c6e98f267f7bfbf504bf105e57

This situation has really dragged on.Source: Supplied
If, as predicted, Wayne Bennett is coaching the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Anthony Seibold is at the Broncos next year, there will also be some adjustments in the assistant coaching ranks at both clubs. Seibold intends to have assistant coach Peter Gentle and strength and conditioning coach Paul Devlin working alongside him at Red Hill. There was also a play to have Willie Peters shift to Brisbane as well but the Rabbitohs fought hard to retain him. Peters is highly-valued and well-liked at Redfern.

To me this is the main hold up in a coach swap. It's not just about 2 men switching clubs it's about the support staff (current and future) and their families having to move interstate. Not to mention they're all still under contract themselves

What have they got to say though that they haven't already? As soon as Moose was leaving, we were told. We were told we are working on Oates and TPJ and were constantly told they were under new management, so there would be delays to discuss with the new management. We signed quite a number of them, and were told.

I want every board meeting live streamed, I want every phone call between club officials transcribed and published in this thread, I would also like WB wired with 24 hours surveillance at his premises, and places he frequents - also to be live streamed.

Is that too much to ask?

I have heard that Shane Richardson has given Bennett a deadline of this Saturday to decide if he will will be at Souths in 2019.
Souths are sounding desperate.
They must want to hear for the 100th time now, that Wayne doesn't want to be there in 2019.

Why is Bongo or anyone else entitled for wanting to know this? Anyone with a capacity to think can work out that lots of things are going on behind the scenes. Wayne may not be coach next year, even though they keep saying he will be.

There is nothing wrong with the fans wanting answers and nobody involved with the NRL would be collecting a wage without the interest of the fans.

lPVgIf.gif

Conspiracy theory of the warm and fluffy kind.

Bennett is hanging around long enough for Lodge, TPJ, and Oates to officially re-sign, and will move to Souths when the roster is secured.

Mate, I love Bennett (I mean I think that is obvious) but even I think that is too rose-tinted lol.

Why is Bongo or anyone else entitled for wanting to know this? Anyone with a capacity to think can work out that lots of things are going on behind the scenes. Wayne may not be coach next year, even though they keep saying he will be.

There is nothing wrong with the fans wanting answers and nobody involved with the NRL would be collecting a wage without the interest of the fans.

Because, realistically, a lot of things happen behind the scenes. There is no point the clubs releasing information about maybe's and almost's. When a decision has been made, generally we are told about it.

I have heard that Shane Richardson has given Bennett a deadline of this Saturday to decide if he will will be at Souths in 2019.
Souths are sounding desperate.
They must want to hear for the 100th time now, that Wayne doesn't want to be there in 2019.

200.gif

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Ozired
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
  • ozzball
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • johnny plath
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Financeguy
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.