MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
From Twitter
https://twitter.com/JoelGould6

BREAKING: The plot thickens with Wayne Bennett here at @brisbanebroncos training this morning briefly. As he left training he said of today’s expected coaching swap drama: ‘I’ve got a decision to make and the club has got a decision to make’. We’ll sort it out.’ via @NRLcom

Might have been his goodbye so he didn't have to send a group text.

**** me dead. karl morris and white need to go for their piss poor handling of this whole situation.

**** me dead. karl morris and white need to go for their piss poor handling of this whole situation.
Why ?
They've told us countless times Bennett has a contract here for 2019.
Seems to me it all boils down to whether Bennett wants to go early or not.

To be honest I put all this blame on Bennett. The broncos offered him a job for life after the 2019 season and wanted this year to be a nice fairwell for him and to keep him around the club. Bennett has once again chased the bucks and signed with the Rabbitohs. From all reports, he told them he would be there for 2019 and expected the Broncos to sack him so he would get paid out his $1m+ salary, and then also make $1m from the rabbitohs.

The Broncos said they are happy to keep him, and appear to have always maintained that stance yet he is the one always questioning it and seemingly trying to force the broncos hand in sacking him, only for his benefit. I think White and Morris have done all they can to try and save the club $1m and also to try and send Bennett off with a good fairwell.

This whole saga has just made me hate Bennett even more. This whole "It's not about the money" bullshit when it has ALWAYS been about the money. He left the Broncos for Dragons for money, he left Dragons for Knights for Money, and he came back to us because, shock horror, we offered him the most and he probably thought he'd 'own' the club and do whatever he wants. He set the club up and made it what it is, but it's hard to look at his past decade of coaching with anything but a question mark. 1 premiership and 1 grand final loss. Not bad statistically, but he ruined the Dragons and the Knights in his time there, and signing long term deals to players with question marks over their fitness like Gillett and Boyd, Releasing talented youth like Ash Taylor, Corey Allan, Jai Arrow etc. and this circus he has created here, he is hardly leaving us in the best shape either. Yes we have some exceptional young forwards coming through, but we look pretty weak in some of the other positions.

I just want this to all be done, and personally I hope he just walks away from the Broncos and resigns.

To be honest I put all this blame on Bennett. The broncos offered him a job for life after the 2019 season and wanted this year to be a nice fairwell for him and to keep him around the club. Bennett has once again chased the bucks and signed with the Rabbitohs. From all reports, he told them he would be there for 2019 and expected the Broncos to sack him so he would get paid out his $1m+ salary, and then also make $1m from the rabbitohs.

The Broncos said they are happy to keep him, and appear to have always maintained that stance yet he is the one always questioning it and seemingly trying to force the broncos hand in sacking him, only for his benefit. I think White and Morris have done all they can to try and save the club $1m and also to try and send Bennett off with a good fairwell.

This whole saga has just made me hate Bennett even more. This whole "It's not about the money" bullshit when it has ALWAYS been about the money. He left the Broncos for Dragons for money, he left Dragons for Knights for Money, and he came back to us because, shock horror, we offered him the most and he probably thought he'd 'own' the club and do whatever he wants. He set the club up and made it what it is, but it's hard to look at his past decade of coaching with anything but a question mark. 1 premiership and 1 grand final loss. Not bad statistically, but he ruined the Dragons and the Knights in his time there, and signing long term deals to players with question marks over their fitness like Gillett and Boyd, Releasing talented youth like Ash Taylor, Corey Allan, Jai Arrow etc. and this circus he has created here, he is hardly leaving us in the best shape either. Yes we have some exceptional young forwards coming through, but we look pretty weak in some of the other positions.

I just want this to all be done, and personally I hope he just walks away from the Broncos and resigns.

How is it Bennetts fault if he still wants to coach? Hardly him chasing the money. He wants to coach not slip into the background.

Regardless of where you stand hopefully this will put an end to it once and for all, if that means Bennett not here in 2019 so be it.

Yet we're still one of the favourites for next season.

How is it Bennetts fault if he still wants to coach? Hardly him chasing the money. He wants to coach not slip into the background.
I'm saying the whole circus is his fault. The broncos have always stated they have no intention of sacking him. But he always says "i don't know you will need to ask them". He has been proding the fire the whole time, and if reports are true that he always told rabbitohs he would be there, then his whole childish behaviour the past month or so makes sense. Because the entire time it's as though he has been trying to force the Broncos to sack him so he can take the money. If he wants to coach, shut up and coach us this year and go to Rabbitohs next year, or resign, and **** off to south sydney. Quit trying to double dip. He's just trying to blame this on the Broncos club and board. It has never been about the Broncos, it's ALWAYS been about him and the way people perceive him. For someone who claims to not care about the media, he sure seems to spend a lot of time trying to get a response.

This is fascinating stuff...

Upload 2018 11 30 10 23 48

Dafuq? Why? This is all on Bennett. He has lost the power and he is trying to reclaim any of it with a finger to everyone on his way out the door.

I love Bennett and appreciate everything he has done for the Broncos, but my one main criticism is he doesn't seem to consider the affect this sort of bullshit has on the fans and it just feels like we are collateral damage.

I wish they would actually have given a time for when this would occur, but morning doesn't exactly narrow it down.

I'm saying the whole circus is his fault. The broncos have always stated they have no intention of sacking him. But he always says "i don't know you will need to ask them". He has been proding the fire the whole time, and if reports are true that he always told rabbitohs he would be there, then his whole childish behaviour the past month or so makes sense. Because the entire time it's as though he has been trying to force the Broncos to sack him so he can take the money. If he wants to coach, shut up and coach us this year and go to Rabbitohs next year, or resign, and **** off to south sydney. Quit trying to double dip. He's just trying to blame this on the Broncos club and board. It has never been about the Broncos, it's ALWAYS been about him and the way people perceive him. For someone who claims to not care about the media, he sure seems to spend a lot of time trying to get a response.

He hasn't been doing anything like trying to get the sack. He has a contract, why should he break it. If Brisbane don't want him then he is well within his rights to have that contract paid up if Brisbane want him gone now. Why should he resign? Nobody in their right mind is going to throw away the kind of money he is on.

And as for this being a circus, it's only really a circus in the media and with people gullible enough to fall for all their bullshit.

I was hoping this was going to start at 10:30... I have an 11am meeting and need to leave the office in about 10 minutes :(

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
  • Robboi_321
  • bert_lifts
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.