MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Lmao. Wouldn’t shock me if Souths said “**** it” and tore up his contract over this if what’s being reported (about him saying he will be in Sydney next week) is true. The fans ain’t happy; he’s basically rooting their 2019 season in the hope of getting a few more dollars, not exactly what you want from an incoming coach.

Edit: we can all establish that the club isn’t paying him to leave, how does he not realise it? The guy is losing the plot.

Last edited:
Well, Wayne just took back all the power. Now we have to sack him this afternoon if we want to announce Seibold.

Wayne won. Cheeky ****.

Well, Wayne just took back all the power. Now we have to sack him this afternoon if we want to announce Seibold.

Wayne won. Cheeky ****.

No he didn’t. He’s rooting Souths worse than us here. This won’t hurt our player base because he can always just blame the management.

No he didn’t. He’s rooting Souths worse than us here. This won’t hurt our player base because he can always just blame the management.

He's not rooting Souths at all if he's confident we'll sack him to announce Seibold, which I'd say is a 95% chance at this point. If we call his bluff of his calling our bluff of us calling his bluff, well then...

He always bragged about knowing when to call time on a player’s career early yet he’s going to be coaching into his 70s and seemingly ruining his legacy in the process. If he doesn’t win a comp with Souths then he’s absolutely diminished his standing in the annals of RL history.

That's up to him though. Broncos have given him the tap on the shoulder, he doesn't agree with them. He is staying now anyway.

The Broncos were never going to sack him. It's not in there interest to do so. Lose $1million dollars in paying him out, and then also lose the potential increase in crowds for his fairwell season.

Bennett is really giving Ivan Cleary a run for his money as biggest dickhead coach.

Wayne just bitch slapped the media again lol ... and they sounded butthurt about it as well ...

they held a press conference to confirm what both the club and Bennett have been saying for months ... that Wayne Bennett is the Brisbane Broncos coach for 2019

Badel and Dobbo need to find something else to report on, they keep looking like fools, wuth their error-riddled reports about whats happening at the Broncos.

however, i'm sure the media and Badel in particular will keep on the coach-swap train, hoping to one day be right

He's not rooting Souths at all if he's confident we'll sack him to announce Seibold, which I'd say is a 95% chance at this point. If we call his bluff of his calling our bluff of us calling his bluff, well then...

Wayne is playing the fools in the press like a fiddle. They never learn.

The Broncos were never going to sack him. It's not in there interest to do so. Lose $1million dollars in paying him out, and then also lose the potential increase in crowds for his fairwell season.

Bennett is really giving Ivan Cleary a run for his money as biggest dickhead coach.

So Wayne is being a dickhead by telling the idiots in the media that he is going to honor his legally binding contract.

Now where's Jean Luc Picard.

However, Bennett did also confirm he would be sacked this afternoon after it was revealed the Broncos have set-up a press conference for Anthony Seibold later this afternoon.
This from Triple M. Just a bare faced lie. He never confirmed that.

What an absolute mess this is.
The board would have to be very nervous now, especially if there is any truth to the fact that Seibold was suppose to do a presser in Brisbane this arvo.
I reckon even Seibold would be questioning whether or not he has made a good decision in signing with us.
This will continue to drag on..

I'm on the side of us needing a new coach, but Wayne Bennett has every right to see out the remainder of his contract ... and I for one am glad that we are a professional organisation that will honour his contract (unlike what the Panthers have done, especially given that they enticed a coach to break their contract)

More shown now, lets see how they respond here lol

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kman
  • Kev_Guz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.