MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Bennett rumors are getting clicks, conversation and more clicks. Bennett will be here in 2019.

The board and to a lesser extent Bennett have made a dog's breakfast out this all. Mostly the board.
Don't think so

Ipswich are coming 7th in an easier competition. No thanks..
I was addressing "Can't get more modern and extreme as Freddy" Not floating the Walker Bros to replace Bennett :P

I don't think the board have anything to answer for when we don't know the story. The board don't need to provide rolling updates about the running of the club, hell, there may not be a story there for them to control, so instead of coming out and looking like idiots with nothing to say, let the media look like wankers.

You make a fair point about rolling updates, however that is not what I am pushing at. The media will never look like fools while they control the story. The problem is that when bad press or potentially damaging press is coming out, you exercise good PR and tackle it head on. You set the tone, you don't let the media drive speculation. A great example of this was when White smacked the media about Green. That's all it takes.

The press release regarding no decision until October was weak and rudderless. They should have come out and ended speculation, declared full support for Wayne and said we will have a board meeting in the off season to discuss 2020, there won't be any news at all to deliver until during the 2019 season, any info to the contrary is untrue.

Instead we get: We are keeping quite until the season is done (paraphrasing).

They should have come out and ended speculation, declared full support for Wayne and said we will have a board meeting in the off season to discuss 2020

that would only fuel speculation ... not end it ...

any time a club comes out and says that a coach has the full support of the board, you can be damn sure that a sacking is imminent

Has the board or the coach released any official statement in regards to this - or is it all "leaked"? Need to calm before saying the club has shit the bed. Lets wait until facts are presented.

Has the board or the coach released any official statement in regards to this - or is it all "leaked"? Need to calm before saying the club has shit the bed. Lets wait until facts are presented.

leaked ...

both have pretty much stated that they won't be saying shit until the season is over

McGuire to coach the broncos next year. On Facebook so make of it what you want

No he's not a Harvard graduate. He's certainly a Harvard attendee as he attended a course, but he is not a Harvard graduate. Nevertheless, it is obvious that he has set his mind on bettering himself academically as he goes through his life's journey which I applaud whole heartedly.

The other standout piece of information, which incidentally he chose to finish the article with was how John Sutton was 34, approaching his 300th game and had just beaten two of his PBs in the off season. That's the sort of leader you choose to build your future forward's culture around. What a great example for the young forwards coming through their ranks.
Poetic licence police. ha ha.
Good point about Sutto.

I’d welcome Madge, a few blokes on here were saying he ran Souths ragged but I don’t really remember that. I just look at his impressive resume.

McGuire doesn’t feel me with confidence either. He was a great coach in the beginning but seemed to struggle to update his game plan. I feel like rugby league outgrew him in a few very short years.

I’d welcome Madge, a few blokes on here were saying he ran Souths ragged but I don’t really remember that. I just look at his impressive resume.

Yeah it could just be that most of the Souths team is made out of tissue paper and can't handle regular training regimens, shouldn't be an issue with most of our squad next year considering the average age. The way Seibold has modified their training to cater to their high risk of injury is a testament to him.

EDIT: I still hope Hasler is in the running, wouldn't be upset with Madge if the board is deadset on flicking Wayne. Good move.

Last edited:
Yeah it could just be that most of the Souths team is made out of tissue paper and can't handle regular training regimens, shouldn't be an issue with most of our squad next year considering the average age. The way Seibold has modified their training to cater to their high risk of injury is a testament to him.

EDIT: I still hope Hasler is in the running, wouldn't be upset with Madge if the board is deadset on flicking Wayne. Good move.

I can’t believe anyone would want Hasler anywhere near there club. The man is salary cap cyanide.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.