MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
it is not Paul Whites job to find coaching replacement's ... it is the Board's

Paul White only pulls the trigger, he doesn't order the hit.

and FTR, we have no idea what options they have put in place, what we do know is that coaches get judged (and rightly so) on current results, not what the achieved 3 years ago (GF) or 8 years ago (Premiership at Dragons) or 12 years ago (last Broncos premiership)

and if anyone is trying to destabilize the club it is Wayne Bennett not Paul White. Bennett has a contract for next year, the club told him they would make a decision on 2020 after the season was complete (likely so they could review this season first, which is fair enough). but that wasn't good enough for Wayne, and he keeps feeding the media frenzy with his comments and digs at the club. His problem is that he is trying to negotiate from a position of weakness. our form this year was always going to make the board question whether we are headed in the right direction.

the more he does, the less respect i'm having for him (no that he really gives a shit if I or any other fan has respect for him). I still think we should retain him for next year (unless we have a quality replacement lined up), but as for the extension he wanted, I am no longer in favour, we should definitely move on.

But that is not the issue and you know it. 2020 is not in question, it has been made clear that Bennett will not be here. The question that White and/or the board need to answer is the very strong suggestion that they will be sacking him at the end of this season with a year to run on his contract.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
But that is not the issue and you know it. 2020 is not in question, it has been made clear that Bennett will not be here. The question that White and/or the board need to answer is the very strong suggestion that they will be sacking him at the end of this season with a year to run on his contract.

that's because the Board and White are professionals, unlike Gould. They will wait until the season is over, conduct a review of the season and make a decision, based on that review ...

If Bennett wants to coach us in 2019, then right now, he is going the complete wrong way about it. not only are our results poor, but by having these sly digs at the board through the media (regardless of whether the media actually start it), then it is becoming increasing likely, that the board won't want to continue like this for another 12 months and will just make the split now.

what he should be doing is his usual trick of saying nothing and getting on with ensuring we don't just limp into the 8 only to face a first week exit. that's how he keeps his job for 2019

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
His results or Gould and Ciraldo's results? His results also include turning the powerhouse Broncos into a joke.

How quickly people forget Henjak ... Griffin had to deal with the transition from Lockyer, in fact the one year Griffin had Lockyer, we were one knee away from a possible GF ... Henjak had Locky and during Henjaks tenure, we were on the wrong end of more thumpings than at any other time in our illustrious history

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
How quickly people forget Henjak ... Griffin had to deal with the transition from Lockyer, in fact the one year Griffin had Lockyer, we were one knee away from a possible GF ... Henjak had Locky and during Henjaks tenure, we were on the wrong end of more thumpings than at any other time in our illustrious history
Henjak was a shit coach too

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
His results would suggest otherwise.
His results being that he turned a powerhouse club into a team who couldn't make the playoffs and basically made them a laughing stock. Another result being fired a month before the end of the regular season despite his team being firmly entrenched with a post season berth. The third result being that 80% of the guys that played under him think that he is a total numpty. Excellent results.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Surely the Board isn’t doing all this kicking and screaming to get rid of Bennett without a coach lined up. I am hoping either Walters or Mcguire.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Honestly guys, Wayne deserves better than this. Yes we aren't performing how we'd like but some of the responsibility has to be on the players. The coach can only do so much.

Is there any way us fans can write to them? Tweet to them? Create a hash tag that goes viral showing the fans support to wayne and the team? Letting the board know we're sick of all this innuendo and bullshit and we cannot turn on one another. Anyone got any contact info or ideas?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Honestly guys, Wayne deserves better than this. Yes we aren't performing how we'd like but some of the responsibility has to be on the players. The coach can only do so much.

Is there any way us fans can write to them? Tweet to them? Create a hash tag that goes viral showing the fans support to wayne and the team? Letting the board know we're sick of all this innuendo and bullshit and we cannot turn on one another. Anyone got any contact info or ideas?

I don't think so mate. I have written several emails to the club with no response.

I think potentially if we could get a hashtag going it might embarrass the club enough for them to get off their arse but I don't know.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
I don't think so mate. I have written several emails to the club with no response.

I think potentially if we could get a hashtag going it might embarrass the club enough for them to get off their arse but I don't know.

Spam there Instagram post with comments [HASHTAG]#Dontletbennetgo[/HASHTAG]

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

A few people have been using [HASHTAG]#RetainWayne[/HASHTAG] on Twitter

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
His results being that he turned a powerhouse club into a team who couldn't make the playoffs and basically made them a laughing stock. Another result being fired a month before the end of the regular season despite his team being firmly entrenched with a post season berth. The third result being that 80% of the guys that played under him think that he is a total numpty. Excellent results.

Wow, I really thought you were better than actually believing what the media makes up.

Let's actually look at the FACTS here (and just before the usual occurs, I am not saying I want him back as head coach, this has nothing at all to do with that):

1.He had to come in almost as the season was starting after Henjak had to go and took the team to one knee from a GF appearance.
2. The side that went to the 2015 GF was largely one he had assembled.
3. He managed to get Milford's signature, not Bennett.
4. He had one of the best winning percentages of ANY coach in the NRL during his time coaching Penrith.
5. They have had injuries all year and yet they are basically a strong chance at top 4, not languishing in 8th and a real shot at missing finals due to having just been beaten by two teams fighting for the wooden spoon.
6. Gould is manipulating the media to make Griffin look like a numpty, which his results clearly show he isn't.

Yes, he made mistakes for sure. The Hoffman at 6 selection is one of the worst in history. His fat bulking strategy was awful but he showed leading into 2015 and in his time at Penrith that he had learned from that.

And I have no idea about the 80% figure you mentioned, is that from the media / Gould / Nine? If so, I think we can all agree anything Nine or Gould says should be taken with a pinch of salt given his team's captain came out and said he had no idea about the 'loss of the dressing room'.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010

That's great of you sending them emails. Don't stop doing that cause i'm sure if they receive enough, someone on the board may get them.

I think a hashtag would work but we ALL have to buy in. We are the fansx without us there is NO Brisbane Broncos, it's that simple. We hold the power so if enough of us get together and do something, I'm positive someone with power on the board or even the CEO will see it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If we really want to send a strong message, we should all buy some merchandise from the Official BHQ Merchandise store.

You make a shirt saying “Paul White is a Tallis” or “Not my Chairman” and I will buy it.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Galah
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.