MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
If this is how he's acting, **** him off with Wayne there or not.

First this bumpkin whinges in the media about wanting to play a position he's fucking useless at, now he thinks he can pull this shit? **** him off.
He didn't say anything wrong? He's off contract, of course the choice of coach would have an influence on his signing. I'd be more worried about professional athletes not giving a shit who the coach is. If you have a desire to be the best, you want to be coached by the best.

Also, he said the whole backrow thing is a joke between him and Wayne, he said he wants to stay on the wing for now but would like to see himself in the backrow in 2-3 years time.

Lol they werent specifically waiting for this exact game, how could they have known that this game would eventuate? They have sources and inside scoops inside every club in sydney then all of a sudden they dont for this story? The whole organisation would have known about it-therefore the media would have too. They would have sat on it and sat on it and sat on it until they thought “bam, its now or never”.. if they released it then they lose the stpry then, if they wait then that story would have just as much value in round 25 as in round 3. Its a win-win with a big upside if the team gets into the finals. Its not rocket science lol

Why this story? Why wait until September to break this? Do all media organisations get together and say no one break it until September? Why did the Telegraph get to break it today when the girl came forward? Why would rival media organisations help each other?

Why wouldn't the story be as big in May? They break probably 20 stories a year similar to this one and don't wait. They print 100 whispers and rumours like this a year.

If everyone knew and everyone said no one prints it how did they stop old mate loser is Lismore with a twitter account breaking it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why this story? Why wait until September to break this? Do all media organisations get together and say no one break it until September? Why did the Telegraph get to break it today when the girl came forward? Why would rival media organisations help each other?

Why wouldn't the story be as big in May? They break probably 20 stories a year similar to this one and don't wait. They print 100 whispers and rumours like this a year.

If everyone knew and everyone said no one prints it how did they stop old mate loser is Lismore with a twitter account breaking it?
Its obvious timing of a story. You think they dont do it? Explain to me what happened with matt lodge? They knew about it, they admitted that. Why wait to break it then. And in answer to all of your questions in 2 answers: news corp break 90% of the nrl stories in this country, they have a monopoly-they could keep, break and leave stories however hey please. Hello news of the world.and to say it wouldnt be more newsworthy in the nrl finals then in may is a joke right?

Youre living in fairy land if you dont think media have power and they manipulate it. Why do some stories gather more controvery then pthers? Is bashing a mans head in not worse then fake hunping a dog yet which story got more controversy from the public.

While im making my steel beam videos can you get off your high horse because you watch the qld cup. You know no more then anyone else on here. Stop acting like you do. Youre not an insider because you say peoples names and watch qld cup. Its gotten a bit old how you try to pretend you have some inside scoops because u watched an under 16’s game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its obvious timing of a story. You think they dont do it? Explain to me what happened with matt lodge? They knew about it, they admitted that. Why wait to break it then. And in answer to all of your questions in 2 answers: news corp break 90% of the nrl stories in this country, they have a monopoly-they could keep, break and leave stories however hey please. Hello news of the world.and to say it wouldnt be more newsworthy in the nrl finals then in may is a joke right?

Youre living in fairy land if you dont think media have power and they manipulate it. Why do some stories gather more controvery then pthers? Is bashing a mans head in not worse then fake hunping a dog yet which story got more controversy from the public.

While im making my steel beam videos can you get off your high horse because you watch the qld cup. You know no more then anyone else on here. Stop acting like you do. Youre not an insider because you say peoples names and watch qld cup. Its gotten a bit old how you try to pretend you have some inside scoops because u watched an under 16’s game...

No one reported on Lodge because no one cared- shattering news non NRL player Dolphin footage! You and 99% of the world would have said who are the Dolphins and Lodge. But it became news when he was going to be a Bronco.

This conspiracy theory comes crashing down when they break stories all year. Pearce’s Australia Day antics were broken in January- shouldn’t they have waited until September?

Sorry don’t believe the media get a big story and sit on it for six months. No way you can afford to do that in the 24/7 news cycle. Media are all about being first- that’s their goal.

This conspiracy theory comes crashing down when they break stories all year. Pearce’s Australia Day antics were broken in January- shouldn’t they have waited until September?

Not if their intention was to derail the Roosters season.

In that case, you break it before the season starts.

Ideally , need to lock up Oates and TPJ, and keep WB at the club in some sort of mentoring capacity.

One thing is certain WB will not be head coach past 2020 and it is possible he won't even be coach in a few weeks time.

I used to be a huge WB fan, but we just need to bite the bullet now and say a 30 point flogging in the first week of finals in front of 48000 is unacceptable, particularly after we effectively slacked off on the result in order to play the dragons (and then let that dragons know we did this).

A line needs to be drawn underneath that horseshit and WB needs to be gone from head coach , not just because of that debacle, but it should certainly be a deciding factor.

Other factors are being clueless on the maths and psychology around taking the 2, and the stuck in the mud attitude with the protected species in our spine. Time is up.

If players are loyal to WB then we just need to be smart about how we do the inevitable transition. Sign Oates and TPJ, get a decent head coach, then pull the trigger on WB, but give him some respect and throw money at a smart mentoring role.

No one reported on Lodge because no one cared- shattering news non NRL player Dolphin footage! You and 99% of the world would have said who are the Dolphins and Lodge. But it became news when he was going to be a Bronco.

Sorry don’t believe the media get a big story and sit on it for six months. No way you can afford to do that in the 24/7 news cycle. Media are all about being first- that’s their goal.
I dont know who the dolphins are? Sure i do, they play in the nfl right? Miami? Get over yourself mate, your patronising corrections when someone makes a mistake about a game in the brisbane comp in the 1960’s is getting a bit old. Im all for history and love the qld cup games and hearing about the juniors but it doesnt qualify you as a footy genius..

And on the observation, lodge signed for brisbane looooong before the week before the season. And mitchell pearces was made public by the “victim’s” owner, the media had no choice. You seriously dont think media sits on stories? Never? Lol timing is everything in stories.. i’ll give you a scenario: if a terrorist attack happens and a reporter goes I have an nrl player controversy ready to break you SERIOUSLY think the editor wont say “hold off on that, we have to focus on this” or “we will get maximum exposure about this in a week once the other stuff calms down”... it happens constantly in the media, this story would be EASY to sit on, very easy. To say someone in the media didnt know about it is... i have some magic beans to sell, you want some?

Last edited:
When I was at the 2008 semi between Broncos and Storm, there were a couple of journalists from the Courier Mail outside asking people questions about the toilet allegations and Lockyer's incident earlier that month.

I told them the timing of it all was suss, why not release it straight away?

They flat out told me they knew about Locky's night out long before news of it broke. They were sitting on it, waiting for the right time to expose it.

The media does sit on stories sometimes. It depends on what the story is.

I can't remember a season where we were absolutely blasted in the media week in week out like 2018.

We didn't handle all the negative attention well imo, it contributed to our lacklustre season and hopefully next year we can totally ignore the media because they'll come for us again. What happened to our us vs the world attitude?

Ideally , need to lock up Oates and TPJ, and keep WB at the club in some sort of mentoring capacity.

One thing is certain WB will not be head coach past 2020 and it is possible he won't even be coach in a few weeks time.

I used to be a huge WB fan, but we just need to bite the bullet now and say a 30 point flogging in the first week of finals in front of 48000 is unacceptable, particularly after we effectively slacked off on the result in order to play the dragons (and then let that dragons know we did this).

A line needs to be drawn underneath that horseshit and WB needs to be gone from head coach , not just because of that debacle, but it should certainly be a deciding factor.

Other factors are being clueless on the maths and psychology around taking the 2, and the stuck in the mud attitude with the protected species in our spine. Time is up.

If players are loyal to WB then we just need to be smart about how we do the inevitable transition. Sign Oates and TPJ, get a decent head coach, then pull the trigger on WB, but give him some respect and throw money at a smart mentoring role.

Think we need to be upfront about WB position with signings. Need to deal honestly and foster that culture of trust. As much as I hate his bulls*** WB decisions of late just re sign till 2020 but just put a strong tactical deputy in to keep him on his toes. Make the contract include mentoring/manager of football role till 2023. Unless Seibold is coming think we don’t have many options. But at least this way we can manage the pain in the transition a little better. If doesn’t want to play ball then yeah might as well get rid of WB cause it’s just delaying the inevitable poorly managed transition and demonstrating his priority may not be best interest of the team.

I dont know who the dolphins are? Sure i do, they play in the nfl right? Miami? Get over yourself mate, your patronising corrections when someone makes a mistake about a game in the brisbane comp in the 1960’s is getting a bit old. Im all for history and love the qld cup games and hearing about the juniors but it doesnt qualify you as a footy genius..

And on the observation, lodge signed for brisbane looooong before the week before the season. And mitchell pearces was made public by the “victim’s” owner, the media had no choice. You seriously dont think media sits on stories? Never? Lol timing is everything in stories.. i’ll give you a scenario: if a terrorist attack happens and a reporter goes I have an nrl player controversy ready to break you SERIOUSLY think the editor wont say “hold off on that, we have to focus on this” or “we will get maximum exposure about this in a week once the other stuff calms down”... it happens constantly in the media, this story would be EASY to sit on, very easy. To say someone in the media didnt know about it is... i have some magic beans to sell, you want some?

They do sit on stories, no doubt about it. They have done it with us this year, First with Lodge, then with the whole incident that happened with Boyd and Parker, which happened months before it got leaked. Sometimes, they don't hold onto stories, sometimes they do.

I can't remember a season where we were absolutely blasted in the media week in week out like 2018.

2007 was pretty bad media wise.

Not just because of on-field performances, but the whole Petero saga as well.

2007 was pretty bad media wise.

Not just because of on-field performances, but the whole Petero saga as well.
Oh yeah, true.

All I know is, we are really REALLY hated in the media and with rugby league fans more than ever and I think the club and team should use this as extra motivation but do the players actually care or even know they are hated this much?

Oh yeah, true.

All I know is, we are really REALLY hated in the media and with rugby league fans more than ever and I think the club and team should use this as extra motivation but do the players actually care or even know they are hated this much?

This is just my own opinion, obviously can’t read minds, but I do think there are some players that are just happy to be playing footy, which in itself is fine, but sometimes you need something extra to motivate. I think we have a few that aren’t that concerned about winning or losing.

They see their league career as a means to an end, be it status or just the job that sets them up for life. Which I get, and that also may not be the case at all. And they put themselves through the rigours etc etc but performances like Sunday don’t help that assumption

Hopefully Bird has that competitive edge and fires players up.
Its funny. Everyone complaining about signing bird and yet i dont see the game panning out the way it did with him in the team. A fit bird brings aggression, line speed, niggle, competitveness, tough runs out of our end, edge defence and anger... he takes it personal, other players bring some of those things but not all of them and not to to the level bird did for the sharks in 15-16 pre-injuries. Hes like his ex team mate luke lewis. If he brings what we are missing, who the **** cares where he plays. Its a team sport...

Last edited:
Its funny. Everyone complaining about signing bird and yet i dont see the game panning out the way it did with him in the team. A fit bird brings aggression, line speed, niggle, competitveness, tough runs out of our end, edge defence and anger... he takes it personal, other players bring some of those things but not all of them and not to to the level bird did for the sharks in 15-16 pre-injuries. Hes like his ex team mate luke lewis. If he brings what we are missing, who the **** cares where he plays. Its a team sport...
Turpin seems to have this attitude.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.