Wayne's World No Longer Relevant

That 2015 arguement is bullshit for anyone who tries to point it out ssaying Bennett did nothing but ride off hooks coat tails. Bennett got argueably our two most important players when he signed with the club in Blair & Boyd who played massive roles in the side for that year.

Can we spend some money on getting a curator that knows how to manage turf. We have the best league stadium in the world with the worst playing surface. I have seen country paddocks stand up better to real horses running over it. The state of the playing surface is not even third rate. Why anyone would pay to see this shit is beyond me.

Yet manly and the traboyovidbrkd brothers ran fine on the surface.

That 2015 arguement is bullshit for anyone who tries to point it out ssaying Bennett did nothing but ride off hooks coat tails. Bennett got argueably our two most important players when he signed with the club in Blair & Boyd who played massive roles in the side for that year.
Both have now left us - Blair to the Warriors and Boyd has given up.

Because he was tapping them based on facts and knowledge and you're wanting him tapped based on bias, guesses and the media telling you what's going on at the club. The players are responsible for the way they're playing as well but everyone is silent about that. Plus having six threads shitting on Bennett for the same reasons, reasons that are fabricated, is too much.
Sure. Anyone who dares criticise the Messiah, WB has a nefarious agenda but the Messiah did tap Parker a year too early and slightly thereafter re-signed on big money the guy who is already playing like a dud the first year into his big money 4 year deal and signed the guy who has now been dropped after a few games in first grade for 4 years on big money. I mean, it has seemed to me for a while someone has an agenda that isn't necessarily in the best interests of the club but based on his history, just thought he must have a plan I can't understand. I no longer think that. I just think he has coached a year too long.

You know that unless another club is willing to pick up the entirety of their (Boyd and Bird) salary before their current deals have ended, the Broncos are stuck paying the difference and it is counted in the salary cap? Given his age, another club may pick up part of Bird's salary but probably less than half. I can't see any other club being interested in Boyd unless the Broncos are paying the vast majority of his salary. No, I fear this is going to set us back by several years. Even after their salaries end, we will likely lose several players in the meantime.

Last edited:
Sure. Anyone who dares criticise the Messiah, WB has a nefarious agenda but the Messiah did tap Parker a year too early and slightly thereafter re-signed on big money the guy who is already playing like a dud the first year into his big money 4 year deal and signed the guy who has now been dropped after a few games in first grade for 4 years on big money. I mean, it has seemed to me for a while someone has an agenda that isn't necessarily in the best interests of the club but based on his history, just thought he must have a plan I can't understand. I no longer think that. I just think he has coached a year too long.

You know that unless another club is willing to pick up the entirety of their (Boyd and Bird) salary before their current deals have ended, the Broncos are stuck paying the difference and it is counted in the salary cap? Given his age, another club may pick up part of Bird's salary but probably less than half. I can't see any other club being interested in Boyd unless the Broncos are paying the vast majority of his salary. No, I fear this is going to set us back by several years. Even after their salaries end, we will likely lose several players in the meantime.
You're not Bennett's ex missus are you?

Yep, Reyter makes some very valid points for sure. Those two long-term, high money signings have the potential to cripple this club for the next half decade. Let's hope the Broncs can do a Roosters and somehow get away with throwing a salary cap out the window.

Yep, Reyter makes some very valid points for sure. Those two long-term, high money signings have the potential to cripple this club for the next half decade. Let's hope the Broncs can do a Roosters and somehow get away with throwing a salary cap out the window.

random drug test for bird after a Maccas run? There’s enough shit in that rubbish to turn his piss purple.

random drug test for bird after a Maccas run? There’s enough shit in that rubbish to turn his piss purple.

He’d be jonesing pretty hard for a Big Mac, could have a good effect on his form.

Probably just get clean urine from one of the other players anyway the fat junkie.

So if we follow the logic that Bennett needs to be gone because of the current seasons results and disregarding history, then Griffin is the new mastercoach.

So if we follow the logic that Bennett needs to be gone because of the current seasons results and disregarding history, then Griffin is the new mastercoach.

Griffin is Bennetts kryptonite.

I could be wrong and I hope I am but I just think the writing is on the wall. He has been in the game a year too long. But I'm not saying I want him gone. Just unless there is a dramatic and consistent improvement from now, I'm in favor of a thorough and impartial review at the end of the season to see whether WB sees out the final year of his contract. He shouldn't be a protected species.

I bet if we dangled Boyd in front the Titans they’d probably stump up a fair bit of his salary. Gordon is on his last legs and they have no depth in that position. Also Boyd is a Gold Coast junior

I could be wrong and I hope I am but I just think the writing is on the wall. He has been in the game a year too long. But I'm not saying I want him gone. Just unless there is a dramatic and consistent improvement from now, I'm in favor of a thorough and impartial review at the end of the season to see whether WB sees out the final year of his contract. He shouldn't be a protected species.

I think we owe Bennett more than that. We're still in contention, and if we had our full line up and Jack Bird was performing then we'd be top 4 right now. There are some external factors with Titans/Dragons/Sharks/injuries fucking us over a bit too. We're still a good footy side that can beat any side on our day at full strength.

Yeah injuries and the need to shuffle around the squad and positions haven't helped us settle into our game this year.

Look at the Dragons, basically been able to field the same team each week, very few injuries so far.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • scobie
  • lynx000
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.