What’s going wrong with us?

He didnt have his own team at Souths, but he did ok there. Just wondering why you might think he would be capable of moulding a side? His coaching record has been fairly mediocre apart from last year. In fact, i think one of his rivals for the Broncos job, Jason Demitriou has pretty much out coached him at every level apart from NRL ( i know thats the big one, @1910 could probably give some great background here though about JD's coaching compared to Seibs).

I've lost a lot of faith in our coach right now. I really dont think he needs to rebuild this team. A few tweaks here and there and maybe next year a couple of key players is all it would take.

Interesting you say that, it has been a topic of discussion lately because of this very comparison during the interviews. JD openly put his record against Seibold in his interview.

Seibold

Mackay- 44G 18W 1D 25L
Storm- 24G-11W-13L
Assistant Manly- 24G- 8W
Assistant Souths- 24G 9W

JD

Pride 51G 40W
Two minor premierships
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Cowboys assistant 28G 20W
1 Premiership

Dragons NSW Cup- 24G 15 wins
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Broncos assistant 52G 32W

Last edited:
I'm not totally sure mate. I remember him there a few times i saw them, then i remember he was in a 3 way battle for the spot but lost out to Barba i think in their premiership winning year.
I think fullback is suited to him on the offensive side of the ball but I'd be worried about him defusing the kicking game of halves nowadays who have an array of variations to rain down.

The obvious floating bombs that trouble many, but also following the play for grubbers, kicks off the posts, dinky chips into no man's land, bombs aimed at the cross bar, defending 40/20, etc.

It doesn't take much to dent someone's confidence and it also only takes 1 game of struggling against the kick for the opposition to start letting them fly with confidence in the fullback's perceived weakness

I'm not as anti Boyd as a lot on here, so I typically feel confident in him defending against the kick although I think he succumbs too easily nowadays by hitting it dead, running it across the sideline or not attacking the ball.

Interesting you say that, it has been a topic of discussion lately because of this very comparison during the interviews. JD openly put his record against Seibold in his interview.

Seibold

Mackay- 44G 18W 1D 25L
Storm- 24G-11W-13L
Assistant Manly- 24G- 8W
Assistant Souths- 24G 9W

JD

Pride 51G 40W
Two minor premierships
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Cowboys assistant 28G 20W
1 Premiership

Dragons NSW Cup- 24G 15 wins
1 Premiership
1 State Championship

Broncos assistant 52G 32W

How did seibold get the gig?

Just out of curiosity, do you think Michael McGuire would’ve been a good option if we didn’t go with Seibold?

Yeah I think so. The tigpies beat us with a far inferior squad.

Last edited:
Fucked my tips up, but suck a fat one Storm.

I thought it was very valid.

Yeah it is. Also convenient.

No idea what happened tonight. Sharks didn’t play like that last week. Good thing they didn’t because we’d be 1-7 if they did.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.