What do we do with the money?

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
JYY has now retired. Presumably his salary no longer counts under the salary cap.

He'd have been on a bit, so what do we do with the extra cash for the rest of the year?

I'd suggest we hang onto it for a little bit.

Not a bad spot to be in if someone big has a fall out with their club and wants an immediate release.....(I'm not saying one is on the horizon)

DeeSeeEee

That's the potential fall out that I have in mind.

I sense all is not happy at Manly with G Stewart being shown the door.

JYY's salary did not count this year anyway, so we're not really in any better position than we were before his official retirement.

I say lay it on the bar at the Leagues club and we can all rock up for a beer

JYY's salary did not count this year anyway, so we're not really in any better position than we were before his official retirement.

I thought it did.

Where does it say that it doesn't?

(I'm not challenging you or disagreeing, I'm just interested to find out).

I believe Yow Yeh got an exemption from the cap based on the situation he was in..

I believe Yow Yeh got an exemption from the cap based on the situation he was in..

I would certainly have hoped so, but we must remember that the game is run by people from Sydney (aka cretins).

An exemption is allowed after an extended time on the sidelines through injury

Note the article is from last year:

" Such is Brisbane's remarkable show of support, they have carried Yow Yeh's full value on their salary cap this year and are exploring some form of NRL dispensation for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. "

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-boss-paul-white-says-jharal-yow-yehs-big-money-deal-will-be-honoured/story-fni3gv5x-1226695826529

Isn't Josh Morris off contract at the Bulldogs and given they have paid a shitload for a certain footballer might be worth considering? Or there's always Karmichael Hunt(for the right price), Fullback, centre, wing or 5/8th certainly would give us options.

Last edited:
Isn't Josh Morris off contract at the Bulldogs and given they have paid a shitload for a certain footballer might be worth considering? Or there's always Karmichael Hunt(for the right price), Fullback, centre, wing or 5/8th certainly would give us options.

Dragons will be chasing Josh Morris pretty hard, I don't think we'll get him.

Worth a shot, though.

The utility value of a K .Hunt style player is really important. Not saying he is the one, he hasn't played league in years, but there's a lot to be said for the role of champion utilities like Plathy and Berro. We simply don't have that player, and haven't had for quite some time.
We have one in Ben Hunt

Isn't Josh Morris off contract at the Bulldogs and given they have paid a ****load for a certain footballer might be worth considering? Or there's always Karmichael Hunt(for the right price), Fullback, centre, wing or 5/8th certainly would give us options.

Morris is is only a day or two away of announcing he's resigned

If hunt is getting around a million in AFL I doubt he would come back to the broncos to be paid half as much, stranger things have happened though!

At this point in time it looks quite unlikely that we are going to grab DCE....... we spend our money this year and grab a few players that are off - contract, tatau moga, david nofolomau, dave taylor, ben hampton(The storm have wasted there money on smith - he has looked promising and is still young). Moga and nofolomau would be cheapies and they have plenty of potential!

Tatau Moga is one I certainly hope we do sign, he's a potential gun. Apart from that I wouldn't be just signing people for the sake of it.

DCEDECEDCEDCEDCE

Feldt. Wouldn't it be nice to have a goal kicking winger?? Otherwise upgrade the likes of Copley and other young quality players and bank the rest.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • Brotherdu
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • RodF
  • Old Mate
  • Volvo Driver
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.