VOTE What hurt worse; 2015 GF or the spoon?

Which hurt more?

• 2015 GF

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • 2020 season

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters
Which is entirely why the context of the quote needs to be actually taken into account. He was speaking about the vitriol he cops from fans, saying he doesn’t let it get to him and when it comes to his mental health it is just a game. There’s literally no other way to twist it. And as far as his commitments to that game, especially more recently, from what we know he’s been nothing but a professional. And if you can prove otherwise please do so, otherwise **** off with the out of context bullshit

Sometimes mate, your myopia is chilling.

This is the context, the one and only context : you just DON'T say "it's just a game" .... ever, when you're the public face of the Broncos 2020 heading for the wooden spoon, whatever the media occasion, trolls or not, while coolly pocketing $3.2M for years of piss poor performances. So yeah, just a game, a rather profitable one come to think of it, trolls or not. Rather disingenuous for mine.

And as I watched the Broncos bend over to receive the wooden spoon, followed by the gender reveal, or lose the GF in '15, yeah, of course, I wasn't angry or upset. I didn't let it get to me, upset my mental and emotional health, cos, you know, it's just a game. Yeah, right.

Last edited:
Sometimes mate, your myopia is chilling.

This is the context, the one and only context : you just DON'T say "it's just a game" .... ever, when you're the public face of the Broncos 2020 heading for the wooden spoon, whatever the media occasion, trolls or not, while coolly pocketing $3.2M for years of piss poor performances. So yeah, just a game, a rather profitable one come to think of it, trolls or not. Rather disingenuous for mine.

And as I watched the Broncos bend over to receive the wooden spoon, followed by the gender reveal, or lose the GF in '15, yeah, of course, I wasn't angry or upset. I didn't let it get to me, upset my mental and emotional health, cos, you know, it's just a game. Yeah, right.
Sorry mate, your attempts at utilising gargantuan words to fabricate your intelligence isn’t masking the fact that you obviously don’t understand what the word context means

GF loss for sure. That still hurts. I can't even rewatch games from that year. Who gives a toss that we got the spoon, 2-16 result is the same, you didn't win the big prize, doesn't really matter where you finish after that.

I couldn't tell you who won the spoon in 2015 (or any season really, I know other clubs have won it, just couldn't tell you specific years) but I could tell you who won the GF.

I love watching 2015 games. Didn't win the GF, which definitely hurt, couldn't make a GF again since, which made it worse. But it was a great season, some of the best Broncos performances of all time.

2020 has been fucked, of course Broncos won the spoon. It would hurt more in a regular year when shit wasn't compounded by more shit at every turn. On the positive, I can't see us coming last again so it's only up from here.

This year definately hurt more to the point where I became numb to the pain and just couldn't give a ****. At least I could be proud of my team in 2015. What a ride that was.

2015. It was an absolutely awful end to a fantastic game. And I somehow managed to hurt my foot at the stadium pretty good.

Sorry mate, your attempts at utilising gargantuan words to fabricate your intelligence isn’t masking the fact that you obviously don’t understand what the word context means

Fare enuff. Let'z leeve it at that

2015. It was an absolutely awful end to a fantastic game. And I somehow managed to hurt my foot at the stadium pretty good.

Not to mention the prick Thurston giving us a glimmer of hope with the missed conversion, there's nothing worse than having hope for a fleeting second only for it to be snatched away in the first 5 seconds of golden point thanks to Bunt. I would have MUCH rathered he kicked that conversion than the events that followed.

“I don’t read anything on social media. I am really oblivious to a lot of it to be honest.” Boyd said he learned not to listen to the haters thanks to lessons learned from his time at Newcastle where he cut short his stint back in 2014 and visited a mental health facility that turned around his career.

He said he was now solely focused on keeping eighth-placed Brisbane on track for a finals berth ahead of Friday night’s must-win clash against Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“I used to do the opposite six years ago and look at social media when I was going through some struggles with mental health,” Boyd said. “I was reading everything which is the worst thing that you can do. “I learned that it is only a game. And I learned I just have to please my teammates, myself and my coach - that’s all I can do.”

August 28th 2019

Context.

2015 hurt a hell of a lot more then this train wreck. All I felt this year was disgust.

I'm still so upset by the 2015 Grand Final that I barely remember it now, I will never watch anything from that game, other than when Youtube or Fox Sports or whoever flashes some memories from it and I'm not quick enough to shield my eyes away from it.

I remember being like "I can't believe we're going to win another GF" to "fuuuuuck". Maybe it was how we lost? In the last play against the scum from up north. It just couldn't have been worse. I would have been maybe okay with a 40 point loss. It was like a sudden blow from your worst enemy. As opposed to this season where it was a slow train ride to hell and we could all see it coming, which gave us time to prepare for it.

Wooden spoon far worse

2015 was an epic game. It’ll be talked about far longer then this or last year and people will remember it - and we were there!

“I don’t read anything on social media. I am really oblivious to a lot of it to be honest.” Boyd said he learned not to listen to the haters thanks to lessons learned from his time at Newcastle where he cut short his stint back in 2014 and visited a mental health facility that turned around his career.

He said he was now solely focused on keeping eighth-placed Brisbane on track for a finals berth ahead of Friday night’s must-win clash against Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“I used to do the opposite six years ago and look at social media when I was going through some struggles with mental health,” Boyd said. “I was reading everything which is the worst thing that you can do. “I learned that it is only a game. And I learned I just have to please my teammates, myself and my coach - that’s all I can do.”

August 28th 2019

Context.
With the words in front of us, is anyone daring enough to try to spin it, or should we wait for another thread in a weeks time?

With the words in front of us, is anyone daring enough to try to spin it, or should we wait for another thread in a weeks time?
DarryB will forever have a legacy of being a stinky failure.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.