What is the strongest team the Broncos can field in 2014 and 2015?

With what we know.

2014:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Kahu
7. Hunt

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Hala
17. Oates

2015:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Hunt
7. Milford

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Hala
17. Oates

With what we know.

2014:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Kahu
7. Hunt

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Hala
17. Oates

2015:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Hunt
7. Milford

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Hala
17. Oates

Why switch Hunt to 6 when Milford comes? He's a 7. Milford is a 6

Hunt, IMO, is a natural 6.

Or to word that better - He plays better one wider than where a traditional Halfback would stand.

Hunt, IMO, is a natural 6.

Or to word that better - He plays better one wider than where a traditional Halfback would stand.

I agree, he'd definitely be more of a 5/8th about 7 or 8 years ago... but halves these days are really mostly all the same, they play both roles depending on what side of the field the ball is on.

And even if they didn't, I think Milford needs to be even wider than Hunt. His running game is his best asset, and you want him to have more gaps to run into.

I think Hunt is more a 6 as well but Milford is far from a 7. Not that it really matters too much.

Both would make good natural 6's. I live prince actually playing the traditional halfback role and hunt the five eight. But what side milf and hunt play on will depend entirely on what direction the pass better in.

I agree, he'd definitely be more of a 5/8th about 7 or 8 years ago... but halves these days are really mostly all the same, they play both roles depending on what side of the field the ball is on.

And even if they didn't, I think Milford needs to be even wider than Hunt. His running game is his best asset, and you want him to have more gaps to run into.

Milfords running game won't be lost by playing in the halves. Sean Johnson has a great running game from half...... it keeps the defensive line guessing

and IMO Milford doesn't need a lot of space to make a move and cut through the defence. He can make a defensive line look stupid from a standing start.

On the long term scale, IMO Milford will be a much better half than he will a fullback.

You know you are in trouble when you have players that aren't even signed with the club and guy that has been told will never play FG again in your listed team.

Start of next season

1 Barba
2 Hoffman
3 Reed
4 Copley
5 Yow Yeh (hopefully) if not Vidot
6 Kahu
7 Hunt
8 Hannant
9 Macca
10 Thaiday
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Granville
15 McGuire
16 Hala
17 Lowrie or Stagg

i don't like Thaiday at prop but until one of our secondary props puts his hand up and says I want the job through performance we are going to be light on unless Kennedy comes through his saga unscathed
Physically Copley is looking great and I am hoping he has a big 2014

Last edited:
A lot of you have Gillett in the starting team.....I'm not so sure.

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Mcquire
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Gillett
16. Kennedy
17. Oates/Hala/Lowrie/Stagg

On form, I'd take Gillett & Thaiday over Glenn who received a massive free run because of his great 2012.

For mine, Gillett's biggest problem is we're leaving him out there for the entire 80 and since he's a game winner, he'll come up with silly mistakes just trying to do it all himself. That 10-20 minute refresher could do him the world of good.

Apart from Locky, for mine the biggest difference between 2011 and 13 was the quality of our bench.

Am I the only one who would prefer Oates over Vidot on the wing?

Am I the only one who would prefer Oates over Vidot on the wing?

Probably, but it completely depends on how Vidot shows up in the trial games, if he looks fit and strong, he'll be picked over Oates, if not, I'm sure Oates will get a crack.

1 Ben Barba
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges / JYY
5 Daniel Vidot
6 Jordan Kahu
7 Ben Hunt
8 Sam Thaiday
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Corey Oates
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

14 Jake Granville
15 Alex Glenn
16 Martin Kennedy
17 Ben Hannant

18 Dale Copley

Coach: Anthony Griffin
Assistants: Steven Kearney & Kirsten Woolf

Recruitment for 2015 season I hope is something like this
Coaching Staff: K Walters & Roger Fabri (the sprint coach to help strengthen Corvo's team)
Players: DCE or K Hunt not both, TauTau Moga, Kane Evans, Sam Moa, Marika Koroibete.

1 Ben Barba
2 Josh Hoffman / Vidot or Koroibete if Hoffman leaves.
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jharal Yow Yey
6 Anthony Milford / Karmichael Hunt
7 Dale Cherry Evans / Anthony Milford
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 David Hala
11 Corey Oates
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

14 Alex Glenn
15 Martin Kennedy
16 Ben Hannant / I think Moa or Evans if we release Ben to GC would be a ideal replacement.
17 Sam Thaiday

18 Dale Copley

Coach: Anthony Griffin
Assistants: Kevin Walters & Stephen Kearney

IMO we will either go for K Hunt or Cherry Evans after Smith decides to be a one club man and resigns with the Storm. If we get K Hunt, Milford will go to 7. If we get Evans, Milford at 6.

Last edited:

Active Now

• barker
  • Jazza
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • mrslong
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Justwin
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.