What is the strongest team the Broncos can field in 2014 and 2015?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Seriously, Kahu

Why go against the grain of the 6. Barba, 1. Hoffman
Because you're putting two players out of their best position and seriously choking the attack. Having Kahu at 6, even if he isn't a choice 5/8, will allow Barba to play from the back, where he is lethal returning the ball, is a valid third playmaking option in attack anyway, and put Hoffman on the wing, where he shines as a finisher.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Why people wouldn't include vidot in the side is beyond me, much better then Copley.Yow yeh will def not be at his best in 2014 I'd personally want him to have 6-12 months more in
qcup to gain actual match fitness and strength back before being thrown into top flight footy, I for one don't think he will be back at all. I'd have lowrie for sure he has always been a solid performer.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Because you're putting two players out of their best position and seriously choking the attack. Having Kahu at 6, even if he isn't a choice 5/8, will allow Barba to play from the back, where he is lethal returning the ball, is a valid third playmaking option in attack anyway, and put Hoffman on the wing, where he shines as a finisher.

And put Kahu in 6, who's not going to choke the attack.

Kahu got barely a passing grade in his cameo roles on the wing and in the centres this year and all of a sudden he's NRL grade 5/8 material?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Why people wouldn't include vidot in the side is beyond me, much better then Copley.Yow yeh will def not be at his best in 2014 I'd personally want him to have 6-12 months more in
qcup to gain actual match fitness and strength back before being thrown into top flight footy, I for one don't think he will be back at all. I'd have lowrie for sure he has always been a solid performer.

Meh, our wings and centres are pretty much interchangeable (i.e. makeshift backs - wide running second rowers).

So long as Vidot gets out of the gym and the nightclubs then he could go alright. He could be the surprise packet of the year if he's actually motivated and we start winning some games.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
And put Kahu in 6, who's not going to choke the attack.

Kahu got barely a passing grade in his cameo roles on the wing and in the centres this year and all of a sudden he's NRL grade 5/8 material?
As I said, even if Kahu isn't flash at 5/8, it's still better than taking Barba away from the fullback position, and worse even, put Hoffman there. Takes most of Barba's X-factor away, and kills any attacking flair from fullback with Hoffman there.

Let me put it this way, I'd still prefer Barba at FB and Hoffman on the 3/4 line if our 5/8 was a broomstick wearing the no. 6 Broncos jersey!

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
As I said, even if Kahu isn't flash at 5/8, it's still better than taking Barba away from the fullback position, and worse even, put Hoffman there. Takes most of Barba's X-factor away, and kills any attacking flair from fullback with Hoffman there.

Let me put it this way, I'd still prefer Barba at FB and Hoffman on the 3/4 line if our 5/8 was a broomstick wearing the no. 6 Broncos jersey!

Funnily enough, i believe we have one of those in our top 25 :laugh:

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
We will be much stronger with someone like Cullen or strasser who have an actual kicking game over someone who is yet to show they're up to first grade standard without a kicking game. Yes Kahu has played first grade and he's done ok but why shouldn't we give these kids who actually play in the halves have a go? Kahu will more than likely get his chance in the backs.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I suspect whoever is named at 5/8 in the first trial may get the gig.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Halves and prop were problems this year and if Kennedy is in trouble then it will be the same 2014. I am hoping a young player seizes the moment

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Solid plan, every club needs more drug dealing criminals.

I was unaware that he was 1910 and if that's the case no one would want them at their club. Thank you for informing me.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Is there a chance this could be hodges last season? He's off contract. And if that is the case could it be possible we could sign Brent Tate?

Trade hodges for Tate?

No offence, but that's kind of like saying "my 1986 corvette is getting on a bit, can I trade you for your 86 Holden?"

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013

Never thought of Maranta as a 6.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Why not, the further in field he is, the less chance of him going over into touch, then again he would probably find a way.

Last edited:
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Jake Granville
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Martin Kennedy
17. Corey Oates

I'm not looking forward to Parker returning as our goal kicker ...

I reckon Ben Hunt could get the kicking gig. Did it in u20's in 08. (only kicked 49 goals mind you, but still)

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
The team above is pretty right except I would have Thaiday in the second row on the right and Glenn to start on the left as he usually does then interchange Gillett - he is an impact player but give him 40 minutes a game.
and my mind is still not convinced about Kahu at 5/8th
While it may be wishful thinking on my part I am still not convinced that Milford will be still in Canberra by the end of January - something tells me he will play the homesick card or the old man will become ill and he will want out - don't really think we have heard the last of it yet
You see my theory is that he will be training - getting fit - not causing any dramas - doing his pre-season and then WHAM
HE IS AT RED HILL FOR THE TRIALS AND START OF THE SEASON

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
Anybody heard anything more concrete as to the asada thing with Kennedy - are they still going ahead with it or are they going to re-interview Kennedy or anything coming from Gee or the Broncos

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • sooticus
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • Donald Garner
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.