What is the strongest team the Broncos can field in 2014 and 2015?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Anybody heard anything more concrete as to the asada thing with Kennedy - are they still going ahead with it or are they going to re-interview Kennedy or anything coming from Gee or the Broncos
Rebecca Wilson was on Sportsline tonight and said the NRL Integrity Unit report will probably be out tomorrow. This is separate from the ASADA investigation and will most likely focus on breach of duty of care type stuff such as Sharks admin, etc.

ASADA report probably won't be out until early next year.

She also said that anyone who reckons they have scoops on ASADA findings are full of crap because they are tighter than a fishes backside when it comes to leaking their info.

Disclaimer, of course, this comes from Rebecca Wilson.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
BourbonBec_zps3ace9917.jpg

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Trade hodges for Tate?

No offence, but that's kind of like saying "my 1986 corvette is getting on a bit, can I trade you for your 86 Holden?"
Obviously trading hodges for anybody we would be getting a worse player. But if it is hodges last season and we don't get the likes of smith and/or cronk why wouldn't we have a go at Tate? He's a good, hard working player and would be great to have back at the club. Especially as well, if we lose Hoffman and hodges.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Obviously trading hodges for anybody we would be getting a worse player. But if it is hodges last season and we don't get the likes of smith and/or cronk why wouldn't we have a go at Tate? He's a good, hard working player and would be great to have back at the club. Especially as well, if we lose Hoffman and hodges.

if we had to replace Hodges, we need to replace him with a younger center ... Tate is 31, most likely not that much longer in his career anyway.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Hodges isnt going any were he was trying to extend his contract a while ago. Gagai is the guy to replace Hodges but don't know if Wayne will give him back that easily. I believe he signed a 3 year deal so by the time that finishes Hodges will be close to done. The other centre that I would keep a eye on and I have said this in numerous posts is TauTau Moga. Could come cheap with SKD, Jennings in front of him. Tate is not a option to old.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013

Tate will probably retire before hodges sorry but it does seems quite daft. We have some good young options and yeah going for Moga or Gagai seems much more realistic

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't think hodges will want to retire but his injuries might force him to. And Tate still has a few more years left in him. I don't think it's all that bad an idea if we were to miss out on moga and if we are waiting another year for gagai. I definitely don't think he would be our first choice to sign but he will be an origin player for a while longer and if we can sign him for another year before gagai can come, then we don't risk doing the same thing we will be doing to this years 5/8.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I don't think hodges will want to retire but his injuries might force him to. And Tate still has a few more years left in him. I don't think it's all that bad an idea if we were to miss out on moga and if we are waiting another year for gagai. I definitely don't think he would be our first choice to sign but he will be an origin player for a while longer and if we can sign him for another year before gagai can come, then we don't risk doing the same thing we will be doing to this years 5/8.

Thing is Tate doesn't have a few more years in him. The deal he is on now couldvery well be his last, if it isnt it would only be another year and we dont need that, it would be another scott prince. We have copley, kahu, vidot, even oates and some good ones coming through the u20, Elijah Alick has been compared to Inglis.

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
Tate is a very good player but he is on his last legs - literally - as well so why go chasing him - we need younger blood with stand out ability - Gee and co must be ruing the day they sent Gagai to Bennett at Newcastle to help sort him out and that he did - if I was Gagai I would not be coming back to the Broncos unless Benny was back coaching and Hook was gone - Gagai and Moga are 2 bloke we should be chasing but weather we get them or not is another thing and if they can hang on to Alick then all the better - he does look the goods.
I am still to be convinced that Kahu has the goods but Vidot shows promise as he is a big strong bloke who could develop into a barnstorming centre with pace
And as far as Rebecca Wilson is concerned does anybody REALLY take any notice of the stuff she says - I turn off immediately I hear her voice - she NEVER NEVER has a good word for anybody

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Thing is Tate doesn't have a few more years in him. The deal he is on now couldvery well be his last, if it isnt it would only be another year and we dont need that, it would be another scott prince. We have copley, kahu, vidot, even oates and some good ones coming through the u20, Elijah Alick has been compared to Inglis.

Try Jordan Drew also

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Tate is a very good player but he is on his last legs - literally - as well so why go chasing him - we need younger blood with stand out ability - Gee and co must be ruing the day they sent Gagai to Bennett at Newcastle to help sort him out and that he did - if I was Gagai I would not be coming back to the Broncos unless Benny was back coaching and Hook was gone - Gagai and Moga are 2 bloke we should be chasing but weather we get them or not is another thing and if they can hang on to Alick then all the better - he does look the goods.
I am still to be convinced that Kahu has the goods but Vidot shows promise as he is a big strong bloke who could develop into a barnstorming centre with pace
And as far as Rebecca Wilson is concerned does anybody REALLY take any notice of the stuff she says - I turn off immediately I hear her voice - she NEVER NEVER has a good word for anybody

Kahu had 2 straights years out of the game but he still showed promise, hes strong can see that in a few of his tries and good in the air. Vidot looks like a good winger but centre i have my doubts with his defence and ability for impact like a good centre

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
Yes Drew did look ok in the one game he played last year and saw him in the u20s a bit as well but just a typical Hook decision he dropped him the next week for someone else and didn't give him another crack
And Yes I understand the Kahu injury problem but in the few games he played last year he was found out of position a few times and missed a fair few tackles - he looks ok in attack but my jury is still out until I see him a few more times - I will shake in my boots however if dumbo Hook makes him 5/8th - who else in the squad can do our last tackle tactical kicking apart from Hunt - ANYBODY!!!!

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Yes Drew did look ok in the one game he played last year and saw him in the u20s a bit as well but just a typical Hook decision he dropped him the next week for someone else and didn't give him another crack
And Yes I understand the Kahu injury problem but in the few games he played last year he was found out of position a few times and missed a fair few tackles - he looks ok in attack but my jury is still out until I see him a few more times - I will shake in my boots however if dumbo Hook makes him 5/8th - who else in the squad can do our last tackle tactical kicking apart from Hunt - ANYBODY!!!!

Missed tackles and being out of postion is just down to lack of game time over the 2 years, he can work on that, if anything they rushed him back into the NRL. But I agree 5/8th is a tad worrying, we have 5 other young playmakers to work with, one of them must be a better option

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Gagai doesn't want to come back to Brisbane.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
It's the daylight savings, the sun comes up too early in qld for Gagai.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.