What is the strongest team the Broncos can field in 2014 and 2015?

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. but really? Thaiday is NOT a prop, we have no need to play him out of position in 2014 when we have 3 perfectly capable ones in Hannant, McGuire, Kennedy.. Also why on earth would you have Hannant on the bench?

And for 2015.. Hala starting over Hannant, Kennedy, Thaiday, Glenn?.. Wat

2014 2015

1. Ben Barba 1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman 2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed 3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges 4. Justin Hodges
5. Daniel Vidot 5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt 7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant 8. Martin Kennedy
9. Andrew McCullough 9. Cameron Smith
10. Josh McGuire 10. Josh McGuire
11. Matt Gillett 11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday 12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker 13. Corey Parker

14. Jake Granville 14. Andrew McCullough
15. Martin Kennedy 15. Francis Molo
16. Alex Glenn 16. Corey Oates
17. David Hala 17. David Hala

Reasoning: -

I believe Josh Hoffman will stick around, at least until his contract ends in 2015. Daniel Vidot will get first crack at the right wing position for 2014, due to Jharal still not being at 100% speed, but by the end of 2014 / start of 2015 Jharal will be back in Broncos colours.

I also have a strong feeling that Ben Hannant won't re-sign with the Broncos beyond this season, potentially moving to the Titans, freeing up some more cap space for us to sign Cameron Smith and opening up a spot for Martin Kennedy (or) David Hala to move into the starting line-up, depending on who performs the best in 2014.

And my last feeling is that we'll be asked to grant Alex Glenn a release from the final year of his contract after this season, as it's going to be nigh impossible for him to crack the starting line-up, barring mass injury or during the origin period, opening up a spot for Corey Oates on the bench in 2015, potentially pushing Thaiday and Gillett for the starting jobs, depending on form.

Somehow, I don't see Glenn leaving, the club rates him very highly.

Do not want Smith, hate the idea of Milford being named at 7 also.

Am I the only one who would prefer Oates over Vidot on the wing?

I wouldn't only because I don't want to see him pigeon holed or being under utilized on the wing.

Would much rather see him having a crack closer to the action even if it means he's coming off the bench.

Wait until the calculus equation that is our recruitment strategy settles for 2014, then discuss.

Somehow, I don't see Glenn leaving, the club rates him very highly.

If he isn't in the starting lineup the Broncos won't have a choice but to release him, we aren't paying $400k+ for a bench player m8.

Even IF Yow Yeh is fit .....should he still be considered in the strongest side in 2014?

His injury was very damaging. He's been going round in the Qcup late last year with none of the skills that made him a star back in 2011. He's got a long long way to go IMO

Best case scenario for him to be considered as a starter in our strongest side would be 2015.

I hadn't really thought about this and I don't think lots of other people have either. Yow Yeh would almost be starting from scratch when he does return

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Jake Granville
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Martin Kennedy
17. Corey Oates

I'm not looking forward to Parker returning as our goal kicker ...

Glenn had a terrible year, but the halves were not exactly putting him into space either. Glenn played far better with locky and so do a heap of players, but I think inadequate playmakers last year affected everyone's performances. Glenn for my mind does play bench and plays that super sub type role, you can just about put him anywhere if affected by injury and he will do okay. He is also part of leadership group and broncos have invested a heap of time into him. At one stage he was being groomed for the captains job.

Recruitment for 2015 season I hope is something like this
Coaching Staff: K Walters & Roger Fabri (the sprint coach to help strengthen Corvo's team).

Solid plan, every club needs more drug dealing criminals.

Agree with Rhino. Matt Gillett's form was great towards the end of the year when Ben Hunt was working that left hand side. Hunt was giving him good ball, often and it showed with Gillett's form. I think if we can fix the right side, hopefully with Kahu feeding Thaiday/Copley/Vidot/Yow Yeh/Hodges, we should be reasonably dangerous on both sides.

Kahu can also goal kick. Not sure if he's better than Parker, but it's an option.

Is there a chance this could be hodges last season? He's off contract. And if that is the case could it be possible we could sign Brent Tate?

Seriously, Kahu

Why go against the grain of the 6. Barba, 1. Hoffman

Because Barba has been an absolute sensation at fullback?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Stix
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.