Whatever happens this year...

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
...how awesome has it been?!?

This season has been a really fantastic one to be a Broncos supporter. Our young guys have surpassed all of my expectations and just seem to be having so much fun doing it. Not to mention the arrival of the great Griffin, along with Locky's best form in 5 years. I couldn't be prouder! :cheesy:

...how awesome has it been?!?

This season has been a really fantastic one to be a Broncos supporter. Our young guys have surpassed all of my expectations and just seem to be having so much fun doing it. Not to mention the arrival of the great Griffin, along with Locky's best form in 5 years. I couldn't be prouder! :cheesy:

Huge +1 from me. I'll be disappointed if we aren't competitive in the finals, but on the grand scheme of things, we've already exceeded my expectations. I was hoping at this stage of the season we might be in with a shot of making position 6-8, but to be right up there in contention for 2nd is massive!

And the future looks so bright with the young guys who debuted last year looking like they deserve to be playing first grade and beyond, and Petero coming back to provide some extra leadership next year to further help us pass through the post-Lockyer era.

Anthony Griffin is the biggest shining light IMO. He's down to earth, he's got players playing for eachother, he has the respect of the front office and the playing group. He's EXACTLY what we needed.

agreed.

this years results are exactly why i wasnt too fussed about missing the finals last year. we blooded all these new guys, they started learning the ropes and finding positions and learning each others games, and we had an absolutely terrible injury toll, yet we missed the finals by 1-2 wins. it was a stellar effort, and it was always going to put us in a better position than keeping dads army and making the finals and then bowing out without a fight, as has been the case in most other years the last decade.

i havent been this excited to watch broncos games, or gotten this happy when we score a try or force a drop out etc, for years. we're playing with passion, with pride in the jersey, and the only thing holding us back is our 7 and 9 IMO. once we get that sorted out, hold onto your seats.

absolutely loved watching the Broncos this season. cannot praise Griffin and the players enough.

2nd place is the first loser. Winning is everything!

Agreed with all the posts so far. We've done so well, especially the young ones. Hoffman, Yow Yeh and Reed have made a named for themselves, playing well and are sometimes one of the best on-field.

Full credit to Griffin as he seems to get everyone's respect unlike Henjak.

This has been a brilliant season for us so far!

loving Griffin, loving the way we are playing and the players that we have. Good to see. Really want to see us win the GF tho lol.

Like everyone else, I'm so wrapped about this season.
I want the premiership for Locky, but even if that doesn't happen, looking at our future with this crop of players fills me with expectation, because we can only get better.

How good are the coming years going to be? Even Gus drools all over this team...

The Culture at the club has certainly changed since Griffin has taken over IMO... We are on the road to some really good years with our young pack and gun backs.. Just need our halves and hookers to stand up in the future. Been a good year and making the finals will be an achievement in itself .

A lot will have to do with culture at the club and player retention/recruitment. We need to sustain the culture that Griffin has started otherwise we'll end up losing players like Hoffman, Reed, Gillett etc...It may be a little harder to attract qaulity players to the club once Lockyer and Civo leave, so we need to be smart about how our team is run.
More than happy to cut the fat, as long as those kind of players stay around. That said, if anyone of them makes unreasonable demands, the club could have no choice but to let him go.

At this point, unless some extraordinary opportunity (JT to name one) appears in the halves, we don't really need to recruit.

Civoneciva is filling the only real gap we had, with Hannant and an ever improving McGuire. Hopefully Hala will learn the ropes from Petero, to form an amazing front row.

Hala will spend most of next season in QCup as will Anderson or McGuire.

Big calls!
Can't see who other than Dodds would compete for a bench spot with McGuire, Anderson and Hala...

I'm still unable to shake off my doubt in the team that carried over from last years efforts. My expectations are so high from the 2008 season (first year as a season member, damn we were good) I need to find solace in the fact that this team is just as capable.

Big calls!
Can't see who other than Dodds would compete for a bench spot with McGuire, Anderson and Hala...

Gillett, McGuire, Teo, Hunt

2012's bench, real shame to as i rate Anderson highly.

Not a fan of Hunt, would prefer Norman so hopefully he does get first shot at the 6.

Norman has another big advantage over Hunt in how he's very similar to Lockyer of old (just with a lot less talent though). Played at both 5/8th and fullback, left foot kicker, likes to sniff out opportunities to attack etc etc.

Anyway, it's been an awesome year, but the real test is how we handle the next 2 or 3. While this season has been a great preparation for them, who knows how we'll go without Lockyer.

Agreed. Agreed and agreed.
Epic season for a whole range of reasons. It will be a great memory for years to come. Locky's last year with the Origin build up was fantastic. Watching our footy has been nothing short of exciting - these young guns really make watching NRL fun again. I could go on and on but everything has been said already.

Knock WOOD we don't experience another 2008 (feel free to kill me if I have jinxed it) but I think we can officially stamp it as a successful and tremendous season on all levels... Finals footy is always heartbreak apart from winning the GF anyway.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.