Where does Benji Marshall fit in?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Really? Did the Roosters not want him? It seems he was far closer to nailing than a regular spot there than he is here.

Yeah, I read a story about it last week - he's signed with a Queensland Cup team... the Seagulls from memory.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Benji could be a good addition to the roster but he has been pretty patchy for a few years now. I would like to see him do a really hard pre season. He kind of looks like he needs "'hardening up".

jd123

jd123

NYC Player
Nov 3, 2016
Marshall defending alongside either half is a recipe for disaster.
Could not agree more.

It's Scott Prince 2013 all over again.
I would rather 3 Scott Princes in my team than 1 Benji Marshall, Prince missed a lot of tackles, but then again, so did Hunt and Milford most of the latter half of this year. Prince went on to bigger and better things when he went to the Titans, Marshall is just filling in a year before retirement and probably a job in the media.

I have been fairly optimistic about this signing.
I am optimistic about winning lotto.

Who cares if we give him a shot at centre or bench utility and he is a flop. As long as he stays positive about it, as i say above I still think he can bring a lot of other qualities to the club.
Well I care, he shouldn't be there in the first place.

Tell me about these other qualities? Does he play piano? Does he have a bus drivers license? Now there is a role he could fulfill without us leaking points.

Seriously you guys here that are talking up Benji need your heads read. This will go down in history as being the worst signing in the history of the Broncos, apart from maybe Ashton Sims.

Last edited:
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Could not agree more.

I would rather 3 Scott Princes in my team than 1 Benji Marshall, Prince missed a lot of tackles, but then again, so did Hunt and Milford most of the latter half of this year. Prince went on to bigger and better things when he went to the Titans, Marshall is just filling in a year before retirement and probably a job in the media.

Tell me about these other qualities? Does he play piano? Does he have a bus drivers license? Now there is a role he could fulfill without us leaking points.

Seriously you guys here that are talking up Benji need your heads read. This will go down in history as being the worst signing in the history of the Broncos, apart from maybe Ashton Sims.
Wow. What were your thoughts on Blair coming to the Broncos too just quickly??

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Could not agree more.

You make it sound like we signed David Klemmer to replace Ben Hunt at halfback. Marshall is on a worthless contract, on salary cap space that wasn't going to be used anyway, and is purely a backup half or bench utility at most.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Could not agree more.

I'll see your Ashton Sims and raise you one Motu Tony, a Stuart Kelly, one Martin Kennedy and a Joel Clinton thanks.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Could not agree more.

For what it's worth, I think it's a great signing. As I said in an earlier post, he essentially is taking up Darren Nicholls contract.
When you look at it like that, would you prefer a former Golden Boot winner, Grand Final winner and former captain of his country, or an unproven, uncapped journeyman as a back up half?

I think Wayne has nailed this one.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
For what it's worth, I think it's a great signing. As I said in an earlier post, he essentially is taking up Darren Nicholls contract.
When you look at it like that, would you prefer a former Golden Boot winner, Grand Final winner and former captain of his country, or an unproven, uncapped journeyman as a back up half?

Hey smokes... how's he going at training?

jd123

jd123

NYC Player
Nov 3, 2016
You make it sound like we signed David Klemmer to replace Ben Hunt at halfback. Marshall is on a worthless contract, on salary cap space that wasn't going to be used anyway, and is purely a backup half or bench utility at most.
So an analogy to what you are saying could be, we filled our shopping basket, we have all of the food we need, but we have some money left over and there is some off fruit going cheap, we probably won't eat it, but we should buy it anyway, because we have the money......

I'll see your Ashton Sims and raise you one Motu Tony, a Stuart Kelly, one Martin Kennedy and a Joel Clinton thanks.
I would have to fold there. If you just raised me a Joel Clinton I would have called.

He has put a nail in our 2017 Premiership Coffin.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So an analogy to what you are saying could be, we filled our shopping basket, we have all of the food we need, but we have some money left over and there is some off fruit going cheap, we probably won't eat it, but we should buy it anyway, because we have the money......

No, more like we have a orange that's probably not going to ripen, so we get rid of him, and replace it with an orange that might be over ripe, but can still be useful. And yes, if you don't use spare salary cap money, then the club is fucking moronic.
He has put a nail in our 2017 Premiership Coffin.
With ridiculous statements like that, I'm definitely done debating with you. A bench utility, backup half has put a nail in our premiership hopes. Righto champ.

Last edited:
jd123

jd123

NYC Player
Nov 3, 2016

With ridiculous statements like that, I'm definitely done debating with you. A bench utility, backup half has put a nail in our premiership hopes. Righto champ.
Don't take it so personally.

Lets watch him play a few games, then see if you still stand by your thoughts about Benji, Champ.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Don't take it so personally.

Lets watch him play a few games, then see if you still stand by your thoughts about Benji, Champ.

Mate I don't think you are getting this, HE IS A BACKUP HALF, not a starting half.

Quit your doomsday rubbish.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Is he a back up half? And if so have you seen him play the last 5 years or is that irrelevant?

Exactly. No one really knows.

One thing that is for sure is that he is very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again.
Haha what a dick :D

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Is he a back up half? And if so have you seen him play the last 5 years or is that irrelevant?

I sure have seen him play over the last five years, especially 2015 when he was about the only thing decent about the woeful dragons attack. Considering his pay cheque he is fantastic value for money. Great question, thanks for asking.

One thing that is for sure is that he is very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again.

Name one time this has happened. I hate asking people to provide actual examples because I'm sure your time is very valuable, but I am comfortable this will be a very quick task following your advice that it has happened over and over again.

Look forward to your response.

Last edited:
jd123

jd123

NYC Player
Nov 3, 2016
I
Name one time this has happened. I hate asking people to provide actual examples because I'm sure your time is very valuable, but I am comfortable this will be a very quick task following your advice that it has happened over and over again.

Look forward to your response.

You want me to name all of Benji's **** ups? :laugh: How about you go and do your own research or ask Mummy to do it for you?

Alternatively you could wait until the season starts and he is playing for us, then you can see this happen for yourself. But you will probably blame something else or hide under a rock when this happens, it appears you choose only see Benji through rose glasses, that's your choice, I would rather face reality, but to each his or her own.

Or maybe you only watch the Broncos play and have never even seen Marshall play?

Either way, time will tell. Look for a big rock. :takdir:

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.