Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

Banking on an early pick up of a 2022 gun signing or someone like Riki to have a Fifita-esque arrival on the scene.

can’t wait
I too, have a really good feeling about Riki. I think with a few games behind him, he will come to the fore.

I too, have a really good feeling about Riki. I think with a few games behind him, he will come to the fore.

there was a fair bit of sarcasm implied there, having to rely on another rookie possibly, but if Riki happens to light it up it should be fun

Iosia Soliola is off contract and often talked about as Canberra’s heart and soul. Tough old school forward. Could be a good edge option.

Iosia Soliola is off contract and often talked about as Canberra’s heart and soul. Tough old school forward. Could be a good edge option.
Hey Seibs, do you mind confirming / denying a few rumours floating about?

Jks, don’t do that.

Last edited:
Well for those who have been speaking about Nico Hynes, I was driving back from work on the Sunny Coast this afternoon and pulled up at the Subway on the highway heading back into Brisbane and seen Hynes with what appears to be his player manager (at least I think it was Hynes) and he was signing some documents/contracts. So unless he was signing Broncos contracts whilst in storm apparel we won’t be getting him anytime soon.

a141a93519617358e7432abf93d1e85a.jpg
Why would you eat at Subway when there's a totally delicious Beefy's right next door? I confess, I have a Beefy's problem.

I think Kevin Proctor on a 2 year deal would be a great signing. Forget the loss of strike power on the edge, lets fix our defensive issues and lack of leadership first and foremost. He is off contract and and I'm not sure if Titans will re-sign him after the amount they just invested in other forwards.

Alternatively there is Guerra (I think he will leave with Frizell going to Newy), Aubo (probably stay at the roosters), Asiata (Looking to leave for a starting spot
but probably best used as a lock), Cooper (probably retire).

Then there are some depth options that are at the end of their career like Chris Lawrence, David Gower, Elijah Taylor, Brad Takarangi. And for middles Sia Soliola, Mark Nicholls, Aiden Tolman. These kind of players would be similar to the Tagatase, Fensom, Lowe, Staggs cheap toiler varieties that are good to have as depth.

Was proctor dropped for dabbling with the old Columbian marching powder? This sort of potential gateway player is the last thing we need at the Broncos.

Sia Soliola and Asiata would be great additions in my view.

I would say a big chunk of players do the powder, its the best drug to get away with the pee tests because its out of your system within the day.

The stupid ones tend to get caught though.

Was proctor dropped for dabbling with the old Columbian marching powder? This sort of potential gateway player is the last thing we need at the Broncos.
Good point. So did Jesse Bromwich to be fair and I have seen alot of people suggesting we go after him.

this won’t be a welcomed idea by many but under the current circumstances.......Will Chambers would be a good addition to this side

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jamayne Isaako
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Scott Drinkwater / Gareth Widdop / Jake Clifford / Cory Paix / ?
7. Tom Dearden
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Brandon Smith / Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Corey Oates / ?
13. Josh McGuire
14. Cory Paix
15. Adam Blair
16 Thomas Flegler
17. Ben Te'o / Ethan Bullemor

Coach: Kevin Walters

....I assume the Broncos CEO application process is still open

Why would you eat at Subway when there's a totally delicious Beefy's right next door? I confess, I have a Beefy's problem.

you don't see the closed sign on the door

Welch, sign him!

...I would certainly put him in a watch list of potential forwards we "should" be talking to about their plans for 2021

Welch, Guerra.....maybe Tamou......and was going to suggest De Belin if found innocent.....but yeh...

...I would certainly put him in a watch list of potential forwards we "should" be talking to about their plans for 2021

Welch, Guerra.....maybe Tamou......and was going to suggest De Belin if found innocent.....but yeh...
Need an established middle forward with a high work rate, enter Welch. he’s off contract, he runs hard, is well spoken and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg and coming into the prime of his career, He’s a perfect fit.

I’m convinced the nucleus is ok, just need to clear some deadwood and get in a board and coach that know what they are doing:

1. Drinkwater
2. Farnworth
3. Bird
4. Opacic
5. Coates
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. Welch
9. Grant
10. Haas (on reduced minutes)
11. Glenn
12. Guerra
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Lodge/Riki/bench signing
17. Oates

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.