Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

Well I only just realised Nico Hynes is playing in Sydney tonight so I have no fucking idea who it was I saw outside Subway this afternoon.

If anyone can work it out from the photos I posted earlier, let me know

Well I only just realised Nico Hynes is playing in Sydney tonight so I have no fucking idea who it was I saw outside Subway this afternoon.

If anyone can work it out from the photos I posted earlier, let me know
Yeah, it didn't really look like him in the photos. Looks like you just took photos of a random Storm fan enjoying lunch at Subway. You should forward those photos to Badel though.

Yeah, it didn't really look like him in the photos. Looks like you just took photos of a random Storm fan enjoying lunch at Subway. You should forward those photos to Badel though.
This could be the funniest thing that’s happened on bhq

Jarrod Wallace on a cheap 2 year deal?

Please have a huge discussion endorsing this signing until Badel and co. pick it up. For those that don't watch Titans games he has become an absolute penalty machine. He just struggles to get up fast enough whether after tackles or playing the ball. Scrapes into our bench currently but can't see him making the side next season as of yet so I endorse this suggestion!

I remember there was an article about re-signing him for 1 year for 2021. Might have been a player option activation though?

he activated his player option

Is there any chance the new CEO, whether it be Ikin or whoever else is best suited for the role, can take over immediately? The more time they get to figure out what exactly the issues are at the club, the better. It would also allow the new CEO to watch in closely on the players and the entire coaching staff while the season is still running.

If the new CEO comes in after the season has finished, they won't be getting a full picture of the club in standard operation. Since It will take time to identify the problem areas, and to make the necessary changes, we may as well start now and fast track the entire process.

Is there any chance the new CEO, whether it be Ikin or whoever else is best suited for the role, can take over immediately? The more time they get to figure out what exactly the issues are at the club, the better. It would also allow the new CEO to watch in closely on the players and the entire coaching staff while the season is still running.

If the new CEO comes in after the season has finished, they won't be getting a full picture of the club in standard operation. Since It will take time to identify the problem areas, and to make the necessary changes, we may as well start now and fast track the entire process.
No, this is not allowed because it’s a good ideas

Please have a huge discussion endorsing this signing until Badel and co. pick it up. For those that don't watch Titans games he has become an absolute penalty machine. He just struggles to get up fast enough whether after tackles or playing the ball. Scrapes into our bench currently but can't see him making the side next season as of yet so I endorse this suggestion!

We know bro. It’s why we were happy when he left for huge overs

Would anyone be opposed to getting Josh McGuire and Adam Blair back? They were once our forward leaders and we've missed having someone with their presence in our team pretty significantly.

Blair is not wanted by the Warriors, so if he could join us for even a year, he would teach our guys a lot. Blair often cops criticism due to his lack of running metres, but with Carrigan, Flegler and Haas, we don't really need that from him. All we need is experience, leadership and defensive know-how, which he brings a tonne of.

Same goes for McGuire. Plus he has that bit of mongrel and tenacity that the young guys would react to and follow. With Kevin Walters likely to be our new coach, I'm sure he would like to play under the current origin coach full time.

I'd be organising some player trades to get rid of some dead weight and in return getting players who would add to our roster. Offer the Warriors Croft, Lodge, Ofagengaue, Kahu and Hopoate in return for Tuivasa-Sheck and also for taking Blair off their hands. A week ago I would of told you that surely the Warriors aren't that stupid, but then they went out and signed Nathan Brown as Coach, so it's worth a shot.

I would then organise a trade with the Cowboys. I would offer them Milford for Josh McGuire, plus see if either Scott Drinkwater or Jake Clifford are interested in coming to the Broncos. Sell them on how good their spine would be with Morgan, Milford, Holmes and Robson. Not sure how Drinkwater or Clifford would go with Dearden, but worth a punt considering that they could get wasted at the Cowboys.

If neither Clifford or Drinkwater want to come, I would chase Widdop. He would offer experience, leadership and class. He'd also be good for Dearden.

Last edited:
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jamayne Isaako
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Scott Drinkwater / Gareth Widdop / Jake Clifford / Cory Paix / ?
7. Tom Dearden
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Brandon Smith / Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Corey Oates / ?
13. Josh McGuire
14. Cory Paix
15. Adam Blair
16 Thomas Flegler
17. Ben Te'o / Ethan Bullemor

Coach: Kevin Walters

can offer all these players to all these clubs but at the end of the day if they dont want to move they wont be moving.
kahu is off contract next year i think?
wouldnt be shocked if hopoate ended up playing with his brother in sydney.

We are really going to struggle out wide next year, aren't we. No Fifita and no TPJ pretty much means its all on Staggs, unless Farnworth and Coates really explode. Even then, the 2nd row just has no strike power. Well, unless Oates somehow kills it.

We are really going to struggle out wide next year, aren't we. No Fifita and no TPJ pretty much means its all on Staggs, unless Farnworth and Coates really explode. Even then, the 2nd row just has no strike power. Well, unless Oates somehow kills it.

Banking on an early pick up of a 2022 gun signing or someone like Riki to have a Fifita-esque arrival on the scene.

can’t wait

Flegler and Lodge should be starting props next year move Haas to second row as a Fifita replacement.

Either way we need a few forward signings and preferably with some experience.

Last edited:
Flegler and Lodge should be starting props next year move Haas to second row as a Fifita replacement.

Either way we need a few forward signings and preferably with some experience.

It’d be interesting to see Haas float around a bit and venture out wide occasionally. Obviously has speed and size so using him as a crash over vs a half should be fairly successful. Alternatively a fake-out once teams catch on, then it can be a mind game after then of when we do it.

I think one of the Nein discussions brought it up when referencing Lolo v Haas and how the Cows eased him into playing big minutes - again an issue in itself.

But it all comes back to strategy and what is (or isn’t) coached.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.