Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

Once we've offloaded Kahu, Boyd, Macca (hopefully), TPJ, Fifita, hopefully soon Bird too... we must have some absolutely serious bank at our disposal surely?

enough to re sign Milford and Boyd for 4 more years

Article from Badel & Meyn in the CM saying that these are all players the Broncos will attempt to 'move on' over the off-season:

Jack Bird, Anthony Milford, Alex Glenn, Brodie Croft and Andrew McCullough (if he returns).

Thinking out loud.

Ikin Ceo
Kevvie to coach.
Give Hodges a role as assistant along with Parker.
Smith for a season, then he moves to assistant. Keep Turpin and Paix to be developed.
Milf free to go - Paix, Deardon and Croft can cover the halves.
Croft on notice, im certain he would improve under Kevvie, Smith or Hodges.
Keep Bird, if form is good offer new 1-2 year contract at fair value for his performance and health.
Oates from bench, handy utility at second row or wing.
Keep Teo
Make play for Jack Heatherington, hes off contract next year with Panthers (contract ends Nov 21).

Hetherington reminds me of TPJ...if thats who you're trying to replace by targeting him then...go for it...

Id like Guerra here first to be honest, if he'd be interested......

Article from Badel & Meyn in the CM saying that these are all players the Broncos will attempt to 'move on' over the off-season:

Jack Bird, Anthony Milford, Alex Glenn, Brodie Croft and Andrew McCullough (if he returns).

Seems strange to try and move Glen on. We will likely need him next year.

Seems strange to try and move Glen on. We will likely need him next year.

Yep, if you could keep one bloke from that list it would be him, just to have a solid Broncos fella around, on the cheap.

Might end up as a casualty of putting the broom through the joint though.

Yep, if you could keep one bloke from that list it would be him, just to have a solid Broncos fella around, on the cheap.

Might end up as a casualty of putting the broom through the joint though.

It would almost be like repeating the McGuire mistake again. Which would not surprise me at all.

Hetherington reminds me of TPJ...if thats who you're trying to replace by targeting him then...go for it...

Id like Guerra here first to be honest, if he'd be interested......

yes but with a bit more IQ and probably more reliable.

yes but with a bit more IQ and probably more reliable.

maybe...maybe not.....to be honest id need to see much more of him before considering a move to bring him in...

Last edited:
Who we should have been chasing and making sneaky enquires to is Mulitalo to fill centre/wing next year but just re-signed with Cronulla

Well for those who have been speaking about Nico Hynes, I was driving back from work on the Sunny Coast this afternoon and pulled up at the Subway on the highway heading back into Brisbane and seen Hynes with what appears to be his player manager (at least I think it was Hynes) and he was signing some documents/contracts. So unless he was signing Broncos contracts whilst in storm apparel we won’t be getting him anytime soon.

a141a93519617358e7432abf93d1e85a.jpg

6b2407a818ae675de5ff6d873d18ca38.jpg

1a85730864500a83a13a6fd7099b0170.jpg

We will be fine with Isaako at FB as the new coach will allow him to run with the ball.

The **** did we re-sign Milford for if he's just going to be released (apparently).

Oh yeah, he had 1 good game before COVID hit didn't he. Always good for 1 in 6 good games I guess.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Jason Simmons
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.