Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

If players are getting tapped on the shoulder then obviously we already have our next coach picked because they wouldn’t be tapping them on the shoulders otherwise

this makes so much sense that I cant believe for 1 second we are actually doing it....

Biggest question mark for me is still full back. Bird if he is still with us may be our best option..

Biggest question mark for me is still full back. Bird if he is still with us may be our best option..

It is a huge issue for sure. I don't think Bird will be at the club though, so who else can be a stop gap until a top line guy or actually performing kid comes around?

I think if Bird is gone we might just have to sign someone, Johnston from Souths seems like an obvious one if we can get a good deal.
The club should absolutely NOT cover ANY of Bird's wage. If they do I will be ropeable. The club needs to think carefully about how they go about this.
If Bird leaves this club there is no way we are not paying his wage, no one on this earth is paying a million a season for a player who has missed that much football, I don't think we should expect it either.

Last edited:
I think if Bird is gone we might just have to sign someone, Johnston from Souths seems like an obvious one if we can get a good deal.

If Bird leaves this club there is no way we are not paying his wage, no one on this earth is paying a million a season for a player who has missed that much football, I don't think we should expect it either.

Then he stays at the club. He took up his player option, our club shouldn't cover anything if he wants to leave.

Then he stays at the club. He took up his player option, our club shouldn't cover anything if he wants to leave.
Of course he is going to take up the player option he isn't going to get that kind of money anywhere and it's our problem that he had that option because we gave it to him.

Player careers are short, it's naive to think a player in that position when given such an option wouldn't take it up.

Last edited:
Of course he is going to take up the player option he isn't going to get that kind of money anywhere and it's our problem that he had that option because we gave it to him.

Player careers are short, it's naive to think a player in that position when given such an option wouldn't take it up.

That isn't the point I was making though. If he wants to go home, too bad unless he finds a club willing to pay full price tag. The Broncos do not need to get rid of him now they have cap space, paying for him to go elsewhere after all this rehab is ridiculous.

Another club I guess. I this day and age you need a dynamite hooker to be a contender, Turpin just doesn’t appear to be that kind of hooker and Paix isn’t ready yet and may never be. Hunt is a gun hooker but average halfback.
If Kev comes back I could see him getting Hunt back into form. I think him and Dearden could go well together.

That isn't the point I was making though. If he wants to go home, too bad unless he finds a club willing to pay full price tag. The Broncos do not need to get rid of him now they have cap space, paying for him to go elsewhere after all this rehab is ridiculous.

Yeah I say we roll the dice on him.
If we dump him and he tears it up at another club next season we will look like idiots.
Off course we do anyway after this season but no need to prove it all over again.

This ... he signed the deal, he took up the option and he has a manager.

Tell him to tell his manager to pull his fucking finger out and secure a deal otherwise get your boots on and take the fucking field.

The risk is still on us, if he gets injured again he is worth $0 if he leaves we could get something, which can contribute to signing another player.

The amount we spend on him to get fit is a side issue because we can easily spend significantly more then the cap, it's there for competition reasons(which I disagree with) and the only thing that matters is value to the % of the cap.

I personally think he is worth the risk to keep, but I can see the another side to the argument

Last edited:

that includes us

Part of the reason for his manager looking elsewhere would be to try and secure him a longer deal passed next year, if Jack has another bad injury next year then his value drops even further.

Part of the reason for his manager looking elsewhere would be to try and secure him a longer deal passed next year, if Jack has another bad injury next year then his value drops even further.

Sure but the team he goes to can pay full price or he willingly gives up his contract with us next year.

Badel reckons we need to sign Smith, Tamou and Welch to lead our revival

Do you want to change the receptionist too? Perhaps they aren't greeting potential signings well enough which is leading to them either not signing or signing for too much.

Not to mention those pair of incompetents in the merchandise shop next to the front entrance, or the young lass who works in the coffee shop, who knocks off at midday every day!

What sort of rockshow IS this place? Huh???

😂

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.