Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

I know its been said before but as soon as November 1 hits I'd be on the phone to Sua to get him back for 2022. He's just the enforcer we need and can replace Glenn in the second row when he moves on. I know he's a true Brisbane boy and has all his family here so shouldn't be hard to entice back.

Throw in the Rabbits won't have the Wayne factor in 2022 either. He'll be 24 and hitting his peak, probably worth around 500-600k a season by then with some origin experience.

Yeah, we definitely need some second rowers with Glenn getting worse and Fifita gone. I can also see TPJ leaving, I've got doubts that Kev is going to want him.
There has been a lot of hype about Riki, but he's only really had the one pretty good game so far.

So yeah, getting Su'a back would be great.

Last edited:
Yeah, we definitely need some second rowers with Glenn getting worse and Fifita gone. I can also see TPJ leaving, I've got doubts that Kev is going to want him.
There has been a lot of hype about Riki, but he's only really had the one pretty good game so far.

So yeah, getting Su'a back would be great.
Agree 100%. My concern with Riki is that like so many players before him, he has one flashing moment of brilliance that wasn't actually that brilliant and we automatically pin hopes on him. Similar to Jonus pearson falling over the line for three trys and suddenly he was going to be our next great winger.
Not saying he won't be a handy second rower but he's got a long way to go before he becomes a solid 80 minute hole running hard hitting second rower.

Listening to Kalyn Ponga talk about what he does on Fox at the moment. He might not be the player he was hyped up to be but **** he should really be a Bronco. We need to get back to being the club that these young guys want to play for.

So true......

I know its a touchy subject with you.....and it very well may be the last time I'll mention his name, but perhaps if Darius hadn't of been so selfish and played on well past his use by date.....we may have been in the position to make Kalyn an offer he couldn't have refused....?

So true......

I know its a touchy subject with you.....and it very well may be the last time I'll mention his name, but perhaps if Darius hadn't of been so selfish and played on well past his use by date.....we may have been in the position to make Kalyn an offer he couldn't have refused....?

They would have had to make that offer back in 2016 when Boyd was the Test fullback and Ponga hadn't played a game during the regular season (only two games in the finals under dire circumstances). The Knights were ridiculously quick on the ball and Ponga was in the position where he didn't care about winning premierships, he just wanted to be the marquee player despite still being inconsistent at NYC level.

The Broncos only realistic shot was in 2013 when he was 15 and they had him on a scholarship. If we take Badel's article at face value, all they had to do was offer him decent first-grade money for his first two seasons at the club to keep him.

What would be an offer to good to refuse?
He is on a 4 year 4.5 mill contract how much higher do you go?

They would have had to make that offer back in 2016 when Boyd was the Test fullback and Ponga hadn't played a game during the regular season (only two games in the finals under dire circumstances). The Knights were ridiculously quick on the ball and Ponga was in the position where he didn't care about winning premierships, he just wanted to be the marquee player despite still being inconsistent at NYC level.

The Broncos only realistic shot was in 2013 when he was 15 and they had him on a scholarship. If we take Badel's article at face value, all they had to do was offer him decent first-grade money for his first two seasons at the club to keep him.
It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway. Wayne would have still brought Boyd over because Ponga would have been too young and then Ponga would have left to look for another opportunity.

Hayne is what brought Henry down ... he had the Titans building nicely, before the decision to bring Hayne back from the USA

What happened to Hayne, did he ever officially retire or is he not allowed to play because of his issues?

So true......

Man, I wish some of you would pay attention. I’ve been saying for over two years now that Boyd should have retired or been dropped. It’s not a touchy subject. I was just over people blaming him for everything when others were at fault and the unnecessary insults in every single thread. There was a bias surrounding him, so strong that people would forget the other 12 players on the field. I like what Boyd does off the field, but on the field he should have been gone years ago.

I think BP has explained the Ponga situation far better than I could.

What happened to Hayne, did he ever officially retire or is he not allowed to play because of his issues?

I think his trial starts next month? I don't think he retired though, just nobody offered him a contract.

I think his trial starts next month? I don't think he retired though, just nobody offered him a contract.
I heard he’d finally found his perfect job.
C4E80AF8 9D5D 49AA A701 3A8DC3523D2A

So true......

Or maybe Gillett May have got another season or two ......

I know its been said before but as soon as November 1 hits I'd be on the phone to Sua to get him back for 2022. He's just the enforcer we need and can replace Glenn in the second row when he moves on. I know he's a true Brisbane boy and has all his family here so shouldn't be hard to entice back.

Throw in the Rabbits won't have the Wayne factor in 2022 either. He'll be 24 and hitting his peak, probably worth around 500-600k a season by then with some origin experience.
100% agree I'd like to have him back, but he'll likely get an Origin jumper this year as you said, which puts him squarely on everyone's radar and drives his asking price up just before he comes back on to the market. I think in those circumstances $600k is probably a steal.

What about Dean Whare? known as a great defender and having the ability to feed his winger good ball. He was injured and can’t crack their side since. Dare say Penrith would chip in to free up some space
Whare is far too good a player to not be playing first grade. He should be one of Kevvies targets.

Active Now

• Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Broncorob
  • Stix
  • mieko
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Painin the Haas
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.