Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

on the surface....their biggest problem, and it's been like this for 10 years now, is allowing younger players leave for nothing and then turning into true NRL talents somewhere else...stop that and they may be able to build something...

AAAANNNNDDDDD........thats why we had no new CEO.....

more time wasted......or is this more about the incoming CEO timeline I wonder...?

Last edited:
Ahh, this is that accountability the club keeps talking about..

That aligns with the Storm bloke’s end-date.
Connecting dots to make a pattern that likely isn't there. Most likely the board haven't been able to find anybody who wants the job that they would choose, we all know the success they have with poaching from the Storm.

A couple good signings on that list that could boost the backline:
Blake Ferguson
Dean Whare
Addo-Carr (if he can't find a gig in sydney)
James Roberts (probably wouldn't come back)
Curtis Scott
Esan Marsters (If kevvie thought he could get the best out of him go for it but not a necessity)
David Fusitu'a (wouldn't go out of my way to get)
Jorge Taufua (wouldn't go out of my way to get)

Obviously Fergo and Whare would be the best signings of the lot especially fergo if they would be willing to release him that would be a great signing
Forwards:
Dylan Napa (if willing to take the risk)

Not a huge fan of it but kevvie kept picking him for origin and might very well target him

Blake Ferguson
Dean Whare
Curtis Scott
Esan Marsters (If kevvie thought he could get the best out of him go for it but not a necessity)

Obviously Fergo and Whare would be the best signings of the lot especially fergo if they would be willing to release him that would be a great signing
Forwards:

Not a huge fan of it but kevvie kept picking him for origin and might very well target him

my response to the majority of those would be ... HELL NO (especially the bolded ones)

Blake Ferguson
Dean Whare
Curtis Scott

Forwards:

Fergo - Will cost too much and his best days are behind him
Whare - 100% should target
Addo-Carr - Only being release to return home to Sydney
Roberts - He is cooked
Scott - Barely first grade standard
Marsters - Refer to Scott
Fusitu'a - Could be good on a cheap deal, but so many clubs will offer big coin for him.
Taufua - Refer to Fergo
Herbie has been Solid at Centre nearly every game he has done, his biggest problem is he usually has 2 flogs next to him and needs to defend like he is 3 people.
Yeah he has been solid. But he has also had a few really poor games defensively. He has it in him to be a long term option at left centre, but I don't think he is ready just yet.

Herbie is a contender for the vacant fullback role
---

“I haven’t decided on my fullback yet, there is enough talent in the pool to sort things out,” Walters said.

“We have Jamayne and Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth can also play fullback, so I‘ll be looking at those three guys when pre-season starts.”

“I haven’t decided on my fullback yet, there is enough talent in the pool to sort things out,” Walters said.

“We have Jamayne and Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth can also play fullback, so I‘ll be looking at those three guys when pre-season starts.”

Guess Bird will be left centre or playing for the Bulldogs.

I agree with that decision, I don't think you can risk him at fullback after the last few seasons of injuries, let him pick and choose his moments at centre.

Herbie is a contender for the vacant fullback role
---

Also suggests Bird is off the table at fullback.

Addo Carr isn't going anywhere unless the storm get a like for like player swap

Fergo - Will cost too much and his best days are behind him
Whare - 100% should target
Addo-Carr - Only being release to return home to Sydney
Roberts - He is cooked
Scott - Barely first grade standard
Marsters - Refer to Scott
Fusitu'a - Could be good on a cheap deal, but so many clubs will offer big coin for him.
Taufua - Refer to Fergo

Yeah he has been solid. But he has also had a few really poor games defensively. He has it in him to be a long term option at left centre, but I don't think he is ready just yet.
Fergos on 500,000 a year cheaper than players on our bench and reserve grade... also if you read the post properly you'd know that i said i wouldn't bother with most of them or along those lines, and even if you took a little more notice you would realise all those names came from a article and I just simply gave some of the names worthwhile.

Guess Bird will be left centre or playing for the Bulldogs.

I agree with that decision, I don't think you can risk him at fullback after the last few seasons of injuries, let him pick and choose his moments at centre.

Also suggests Bird is off the table at fullback.

With Staggs out for half the season at least, Kevvie is probably looking for Bird to give us some strike power at center ... his injury history probably plays into this thinking as well

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.