Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
CM saying we just offered Seibold 1mil payout to leave now.....

So another rumour that Petey B has pulled from his master foods sauces... the club will have to either dismiss it via a formal statement or ignore it and let it linger.

Morris will probably come out tomorrow and tell us they're backing him... again.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
he was always going to be sacked ...

but if it's being done now, then i hope it's because we want to enter the race for Shaun Wane

There's no way I'd be risking Wane. He's another one who road off the coattails of Maguire. It's essentially the same thing as Seibold. Maguire won a comp with Wigan and then left the club in a phenomenal spot to make the next coach look good after he left.

He's coached at ONE club in the Super League. A club that always has one of the best rosters in the competition. There's virtually zero evidence that Wane's coaching is the reason that Wigan has been successful over the last decade, they were equally as successful prior to him arriving.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
When would we fond out if Ikin gets the role? or who gets the CEO role?.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
There's no way I'd be risking Wane. He's another one who road off the coattails of Maguire. It's essentially the same thing as Seibold. Maguire won a comp with Wigan and then left the club in a phenomenal spot to make the next coach look good after he left.

He's coached at ONE club in the Super League. A club that always has one of the best rosters in the competition. There's virtually zero evidence that Wane's coaching is the reason that Wigan has been successful over the last decade, they were equally as successful prior to him arriving.

he's still likely the best of what's available

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
When would we fond out if Ikin gets the role? or who gets the CEO role?.

The board needs to complete their due dilligence and decide if they accept the recruitment agencies suggestions. This can take 4-6 weeks. In this climate, id say another 2 weeks, shit is hitting the fan big time and they need have an opportunity to publicly steady the ship. White and Morris wont want to delay it any longer.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Kev Walters with Walker Brothers as assistant coaches? Anyone think this could work?

What is Michael Hagan doing these days?
Edit: He is Australian Assistant coach. I would definitely consider him for the top job here or as assistant.

Last edited:
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
3F0EF105 AC1F 49C5 94A0 5D8176563533
398BC62B F6C8 48DE AAF3 FDA9839BE1C8

At what point does this woman come under fire? Our recruitment has been pretty poor for at least 14 years. Why do we not speak of our salary cap manager who earns nearly $200k?

Last edited:
Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
i guess when we start having storm level of cap cheating? im sure she doesnt identify talent.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Good to see him smiling. Serious ink too.

Interesting about Jamayne. Is he out for the season then? He would have to do 2 weeks mandatory quarantine to come back to Australia and then a further 2 weeks for ‘nrl quarantine’ I assume?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
she doesn't make decisions on players or how much we pay them ... just how much we have available to pay them
I said a while ago that one of the best recruitments the broncos board could have looked at is the roosters cap manager. Could you imagine the team we could get with their "creative" accounting and the third party possibilities in a one team town?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Interesting about Jamayne. Is he out for the season then? He would have to do 2 weeks mandatory quarantine to come back to Australia and then a further 2 weeks for ‘nrl quarantine’ I assume?
It might be possible that he serves them both concurrently on arrival in Brisbane under an agreement with the NRL and the QLD govt.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
i guess when we start having storm level of cap cheating? im sure she doesnt identify talent.
she doesn't make decisions on players or how much we pay them ... just how much we have available to pay them

I think we should still have a salary cap manager with some sort of footy mind. Not saying she doesn’t have one but it would be nice to have a manager that can tell the broncos board something is a bad decision...The board doesn’t have to listen. I’d be looking at hiring someone else personally

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think we should still have a salary cap manager with some sort of footy mind. Not saying she doesn’t have one but it would be nice to have a manager that can tell the broncos board something is a bad decision...The board doesn’t have to listen. I’d be looking at hiring someone else personally

That's what the other guys are for, she's an accountant and just runs the cap- deals purely with numbers. It's not her job to say that's a bad deal for 500k just that they have 500k and what it can be made up from.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
That's what the other guys are for, she's an accountant and just runs the cap- deals purely with numbers. It's not her job to say that's a bad deal for 500k just that they have 500k and what it can be made up from.

Worth a change up in that department regardless, in my opinion

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Yeah that's what I thought but what I don't get is why she is getting paid close to 200k to do what looks like just put together a spreadsheet and put some numbers on it.
Any numpty (like me) could do that. Surely there must be something more to it?

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.